Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → It's Alive, It's Alive!
It's Alive, It's Alive!
2004-07-05, 8:43 PM #1
Well... a good day to say the least. First, I earned an extra $600 last week in overtime and my boss sent the check today. Second, my brother came over to help me fix some problems with my boat and get it ready to take out.

We:

Changed the oil/filter
Tightened the valve covers to reduce/eliminate a very tiny oil leak
Took out the horn to replace it
Took out the horn switch to replace it
Took out a burned out light to replace it
Replaced the float in the fuel tank so my gas guage works now
Replaced the impeller (sucks water into the engine from lake for cooling [since there is no coolant/radiator])
Traced a plastic dash plate so my father can make a replacement aluminum one for me

Really he came over to help me with the impeller but he stayed much longer to help me with the rest of the junk.

Plus on Friday I replaced the driver's seat sliders with a stronger mechanism (plus it's not rusted anymore so it actually works), and I put a Tuffy steel lock box center console in my Jeep.

So anyway, I'm happy. How about you?

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-07-05, 8:45 PM #2
how big is your boat?

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-07-05, 8:58 PM #3
19" it's a MasterCraft Prostar 190 (professional water ski boat)

------------------
2004-07-05, 9:02 PM #4
[http://www.californiaskier.com/images/Used%20Boats/90MC-McClure-1.jpg]

It looks like that, but instead of a blue stripe, it has a black one.

------------------
2004-07-05, 9:56 PM #5
Watch as I shanghai that boat and sail it southerly with the California Current...for about 100 or so miles before the boat runs out of gas and the USCG surrounds the vessle with cutters and large guns pointing at me.

At that point I scuttle the boat and go down with her screaming, "YOU SHALL NOT GET THIS BO-- *glub* *glub* *glub*"

Then I'm pulled up from the frigid waters by the USCG and return home only to find out that Brian banned me from Massassi. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

*readies ban inquery form*

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-07-05, 10:05 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
So anyway, I'm happy. How about you?</font>

I'd have to say I'm happy. Spider-Man 2 arrived in the mail yesterday, which was awesome. Then my anime figurines arrived in the mail today, which was also awesome. And then I bought Burnout 2, which should hopefully arrive tomorrow, which is also awesome. This, combined with my own awesomeness, makes me happy.

------------------
«»The Scratchware Manifesto
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-07-05, 10:35 PM #7
I had a kick *** Fourth of July weekend, so I'm feeling pretty good

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-06, 12:10 AM #8
Good, good [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
2004-07-06, 4:31 AM #9
I got 40 bucks for giving someone my old computer and slapping a CD burner on it. I'd say I'm pretty happy [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-06, 4:48 AM #10
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-06, 5:00 AM #11
I'm happy... It's the weekend, yay!

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-06, 5:12 AM #12
i got to go hang out with one of my friends that i hadn't seen for 2 years, and then i went and got a haircut

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-07-06, 5:16 AM #13
Its all good.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-06, 5:23 AM #14
I am super happy because I'm going to watch Return of the King High Definition on the DirecTV HD Pay-per-View channel. And this aint no stupid upconvert too, from the DVD. This is actually a true HD source, pretty much taken from the reel. It looks freaken amazing.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-07-06, 10:30 AM #15
Anyone in the Seattle area over 18 and want to go wakeboarding sometime? Send me a message.

------------------
2004-07-06, 10:44 AM #16
Quote:
Anyone in the Seattle area over 18 and want to go wakeboarding sometime? Send me a message.

</font>

If only I didn't suck at wake-boarding.
Weather is finally nice enough for jet-skiing, though. woot =D

------------------
</sarcasm>
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-07-06, 11:03 AM #17
I seem to be over my strep throat and I'm going to see a good show tomorrow night.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-07-06, 1:34 PM #18
Quote:
19" it's a MasterCraft Prostar 190 (professional water ski boat)

</font>

19 inches? Wow, do you have to control it via remote? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Nice boat, though!

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-07-06, 5:50 PM #19
Oops... make that 19'

------------------

↑ Up to the top!