Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This really should go in JK/MOTS forum
This really should go in JK/MOTS forum
2006-11-04, 2:23 PM #1
This really should go in JK/MOTS forum but I don't think anyone would see it lol:

The JK movie compressor, for putting rendered cutscenes into JK is Smacker what is the MOTS equivalent? I noticed that MOTs's "ingame" cutscens are compressed as if rendered. Is there any way to get pre-rendered video into Mots?

Does JK have action scripts ,mainly PlayerAction, like MOTS or is MOTS unique?
Trust me with your life but not your money or your wife.
2006-11-04, 3:09 PM #2
Doesnt smacker work for both JK and MOtS? i dont really know

PlayerAction is MOTS specific. To do cutscenes in JK requires clever tweaking of characters and cameras, as well as dialogue. I suggest downloading some high rated Single player levels from massassi to see for yourself.
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2006-11-04, 3:27 PM #3
MotS used a video codec developed in-house by LucasArts. I believe it was the SAN format and it's also used in many SCUMM games. As far as I know there is no encoder, but the decoder is included in the ScummVM project.
2006-11-04, 9:57 PM #4
A Smacker compressed video can play at the begining and/or end of each level in JK right?
Trust me with your life but not your money or your wife.
2006-11-05, 1:59 AM #5
If it's compressed correctly it can be added to episode.jk whereever you want.

↑ Up to the top!