Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ninjutsu in Iran
Ninjutsu in Iran
2006-11-05, 11:57 AM #1
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3264220248175313159&q=ninjutsu

If this isn't freaking cool, I don't know what is.
幻術
2006-11-05, 12:02 PM #2
I'm impressed by that guy that did the really high wall flip then kicked the thingie way up there.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-11-05, 12:23 PM #3
:ninja:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-11-05, 12:24 PM #4
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I'm impressed by that guy that did the really high wall flip then kicked the thingie way up there.

Agreed. I wish I could do really high wall flip thingie kicking. .(
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-11-05, 12:35 PM #5
Oh great, now we get ninja terrists. :psyduck:
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-05, 1:07 PM #6
I loved the part where the ninja was avoiding the guy with the big staff. Awesome.
2006-11-05, 2:16 PM #7
It was probably choreographed...
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-11-05, 3:02 PM #8
Ho... Well, choreographed or not it looked pretty neat.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-11-05, 3:30 PM #9
Originally posted by Freelancer:
It was probably choreographed...

I dunno, didn't look smooth enough to be choreographed. I bet the instructer was swinging however he felt like it.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-11-05, 3:36 PM #10
I highly doubt it was. This video is crappy recording, not bad edited though.

Anyways, Bujinkan ninjutsu is really common in Israel...in fact I think it was one of the first places that taught Ninjutsu outside of Japan.

In fact, I wouldn't doubt this is one of the few schools that exist that teach a true version of Ninjutsu.
2006-11-05, 5:04 PM #11
Uh, yeah, the fact they're wearing "traditional ninja" uniforms is a good sign as to how "authentic" their training is. And I like how the instructor has to adjust his swing a few times so as to not hit that guy in the head.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-05, 5:31 PM #12
Impressive. I always wanted to learn Ninjitsu as a teenager, but I got stuck with Tae Kwon Do because the only schools around here were too expensive.
2006-11-05, 5:35 PM #13
Why would you want to learn a style that teaches you to kick/punch/strike/stab someone in the back and then run before they can fight back?
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-05, 5:49 PM #14
Originally posted by Roach:
Why would you want to learn a style that teaches you to kick/punch/strike/stab someone in the back and then run before they can fight back?

Because that is realistic and effective.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-11-05, 5:53 PM #15

People that claim they know martial arts and get into a fight, don't use these tactics, are people that lose fights often. One on one, you will need time to strike, retreat, strike again. You can't strike and continue striking like in the movies...you need space to move and gain momentum again.

Unless you're fighting a wimp and you continue to go at him, pounding him over and over again.

Also, the majority of martial arts uses what americans consider "Dirty fighting", that is striking the groin, using sand/dirt in the eyes, etc. to win.
2006-11-05, 5:58 PM #16
Uh, no, the majority of street fights last mere seconds, usually whoever lands more strikes, wins. They do usually strike and continue striking until someone is down. Stopping only allows them to realize what's happening and gives them more time to respond. I'm just failing to see why someone would take ninjutsu when you can figure out how to sneak up on someone and punch them in the back of the head yourself, in fact, a lot of people do it. I've seen a few drunk fights break out like this...
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-05, 6:06 PM #17
Uh, no, the majority of street fights last mere seconds, usually whoever lands more strikes, wins. They do usually strike and continue striking until someone is down. Stopping only allows them to realize what's happening and gives them more time to respond. I'm just failing to see why someone would take ninjutsu when you can figure out how to sneak up on someone and punch them in the back of the head yourself, in fact, a lot of people do it. I've seen a few drunk fights break out like this...

Uh, yeah, the majority of street fights do last mere seconds, because people don't fight often and typically suck at it. Something they're not used to hurts them, they give up easier. Moral is the keystone of victory. Once that's lost, they're easy to hit.

I expect the reason why people take Ninjutsu in Iran is because they feel the need to feel more secure and confident in which they can defend theirselves. Like in Italy, I know a few people that take a martial arts program of some sort because they're afraid of some mafioso.

Notice I said "defend", not "sneak up and strike." Most people who take martial arts don't use it for attacking. So the whole "sneaking up and striking them from behind" point is moot. They'd probably be the ones that was hit from behind.
2006-11-05, 6:22 PM #18
Then they should take one of the far more credible martial arts in their area, such as Systema, or stolen Krav Maga styles.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-05, 6:23 PM #19
Then they should take one of the far more credible martial arts in their area, such as Systema, or stolen Krav Maga styles.

I don't think Iran has those
2006-11-05, 6:25 PM #20
They certainly have their own stolen varients of them. It's not uncommon for ex-military members to open small schools around there.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-05, 6:28 PM #21
Quote:

Why would someone study any type of martial arts in a society where fighting is rare? Because they like it.
2006-11-05, 6:28 PM #22
Here, I'm going to back up. It's fine that they're choosing self-defense. That's cool. I don't care what the style is. But that school isn't credible, they're teaching stereotypes, and not realistic techniques. Like I said, the instructor has to stop himself from hitting that guy (guys?) in the head with the stick because they weren't dodging properly.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-05, 6:30 PM #23
Yeah, I can't defend it either. It's a minute or two long crappy video. Don't really know what the school's like.
2006-11-05, 10:01 PM #24

You can debate the validity of Systema for hours and hours. Personally I think it's fine, but a lot of people don't. It's no more credible than Ninjutsu, provided that it's not some guy who read TMNT and decided to start a ryu.
2006-11-05, 11:41 PM #25
Except Systema has been effectively used in the last year, let alone the last few hundred, by large groups of people and had national investment in its developement, ninjutsu is arguably extinct, and only taught as stereotypes and approximations of what the original schools taught. Now, I'm no fan at all of any "art" that uses forms, but I would still place my money on a former KGB operative trained in Systema over anyone trained in the "way of the ninja."
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-06, 4:22 AM #26
I know very little about martial arts (though a decent amount about sneaking) and I would imagine that if you wanted to be a ninja today, you would study the parts of ninjutsu that are about sneaking, evading, and entering and study some other art for combat, simply because the combat part of ninja schools probably is stereotyped or made up.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-11-06, 8:43 AM #27
Except Systema has been effectively used in the last year, let alone the last few hundred, by large groups of people and had national investment in its developement, ninjutsu is arguably extinct, and only taught as stereotypes and approximations of what the original schools taught. Now, I'm no fan at all of any "art" that uses forms, but I would still place my money on a former KGB operative trained in Systema over anyone trained in the "way of the ninja."

The Marines seemed happy to work with a 5th Dan Ninjutsu instructor. I suppose Bujinkan is a more correct term. We seem to be doing fine with our hand to hand combat.

But yeah, most people who teach ninjutsu are, as I mentioned previously, people who watched TMNT and started a school.
2006-11-06, 5:03 PM #28
So Iran now has ninjas and nukes?
2006-11-06, 5:39 PM #29
Originally posted by Cloud:
So Iran now has ninjas and nukes?

they had ninjas for a long time >.<
2006-11-06, 6:52 PM #30
Originally posted by Spook:
The Marines seemed happy to work with a 5th Dan Ninjutsu instructor. I suppose Bujinkan is a more correct term. We seem to be doing fine with our hand to hand combat.

Yes, but militaries also put minimal emphasis on hand-to-hand training other than "this is how you tear out their eyes" and "this is how you get them on the ground long enough for your buddy to come over and shoot them."
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-11-06, 7:04 PM #31
....this.. is ....how you...... tear out their eyes?.... :eek: ...my, how pleasant.
2006-11-06, 7:13 PM #32
hax
2006-11-06, 7:17 PM #33
The flipping is retarded. If you wanted to learn how to flip to look cool, you could just learn how to trick (or dance <_<).
一个大西瓜
2006-11-06, 7:17 PM #34
This is how you tear out their eyes: .(

↑ Up to the top!