Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → melbourne cup day.
melbourne cup day.
2006-11-06, 4:38 PM #1
Its that time again, first tuesday of november, melbourne cup day. So, who has everyone ( anyone? ) bet on?

I got five dollars on tawqeet (the current favourite), five dollars on zipping (number 13 :D ) and drew number mahtoum in the sweeps at my school. ( canberra institute of technology ).

I hope i win. sucks that efficient got scratched though.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-11-06, 4:46 PM #2
Dude, you do realize that most the people here are American and have no ***kazoo clue wtf you are talking about.

Being a Victorian, I don't follow the melbourne cup. It's a just another holiday to me.
2006-11-06, 4:55 PM #3
I know that, i just wanted to show them how it feels to the non americans when they post about their holidays and events that ave no point outside the U.S.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-11-06, 10:16 PM #4
*hi fives alpha1*

I am currently annoyed at Melbourne cup day. It made me miss a days work, and I'm casual so no pay ><
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-11-07, 2:26 AM #5
Best. Melbourne Cup Day. Ever.

I had to work a half day so I thought it was going to suck. Went down to the TAB (betting shop) after work with a mate to put a few dollars on the cup. While we were there he suggested we have a punt on the next race for the heck of it (not the cup, race 5 at Flemmington), so I put $2.50 each way on a horse with a cool name and 50 cents on a box trifecta on the horses with the three coolest names.

I was pretty darn stoked when my 30-1 nag crossed the finish line first for a $110 win. Then my mate pointed out that I'd got the trifecta...

$4,100!!!

Who won the cup? Some Japanese thing...?

Who cares, I'm gonna buy an LCD TV...
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-11-08, 12:06 AM #6
Woah! Nice one Spork.
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!