Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → CoD rant
CoD rant
2004-07-05, 1:13 PM #1
There is this one Team Deathmatch server I go to that is pretty fun. But there are a few guys that keep saying I camp. My first thought is "How the hell do you camp on Team Deathmatch if you aren't playing hurtgen or rocket?" Turns out, if you do anything outside of running into enemy fire with your gun blazing you are a camper to these guys. God forbid I find cover and go prone when I see an enemy. I play by a few basic rules:

1) Never stay in one place for too long
2) Avoid open terrain whenever possible
3) If I see or hear an enemy, go prone if I can
4) Always know where cover is and stick close to it
5) In an extended fire fight(past a whole magazine using submachine or support guns), go behind a corner or two and let them come to you. Or jump out at them as you hear them start to approach the corner and hit them pointe blank.

And if anyone ever calls you a pussy, just say "Fine, eat me". Shuts them up quick.

That is all.

------------------
Massassi: We don't debate. We *****.

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited July 05, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-07-05, 1:15 PM #2
Those people really piss me off. Whenever you choose to play as a sniper, you get labeled as a camper. It's a freakin ww2 game for f***'s sake, if you don't want camping, go play quake or UT!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-05, 1:23 PM #3
Yeah, i hate players that act like that. Sometimes, i almost ptrefer playing with bots in diferent games b/c the bots don't mouth off at you like immature players do.

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited July 05, 2004).]
2004-07-05, 1:36 PM #4
Yeah, stuff like this is why I play LAN.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-07-05, 5:54 PM #5
A worthy rant indeed.

If I shoot anyone in Call of Duty, and I'm (God forbid!) not moving, people scream for a ban once they see the kill-cam. Errgh.

------------------
You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow.
2004-07-05, 6:05 PM #6
I really want to see someone start calling people campers on hurtgen. And then I want to see the bullet go through his head as the dumb*** runs out in the open.

------------------
2004-07-05, 6:13 PM #7
I've always really hated those people who complain about snipers "camping."

Uhh, yeah, they're snipers, that's their whole point. Stay in one spot and wait for the target to come into their range.
2004-07-05, 6:15 PM #8
The concept of flanking evidently doesn't register with these people. They like to storm into a hole and expect a fair fight.

------------------
2004-07-05, 6:15 PM #9
When did Internet gaming go down the drain? I seem to recall a time when it was at least half good. I'd encounter a game with morons and loosers every once in awhile, but now they seem to be everywhere...

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-07-05, 6:18 PM #10
The CoD and UT2k4 servers are pretty good. I've gotten little trouble from them. It's every once in a while you get someone with too much time on their hands.

------------------
2004-07-05, 6:22 PM #11
I think computer gaming went down the drain when games started to get co-op features and requirements for stratergy.

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)--@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-07-05, 6:31 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kieran Horn:
The CoD and UT2k4 servers are pretty good. I've gotten little trouble from them. It's every once in a while you get someone with too much time on their hands.

</font>

One question...is this a -legal- server? If not my AIM is Dj Yoshmo [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-05, 6:39 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:
I think computer gaming went down the drain when games started to get co-op features and requirements for stratergy.

</font>

They had those before. Maybe not the Co-op thing, but they did have strategy. I know that I always have strategized to some extent whilest playing JK. It's on the the run and always changing, but I do strategize.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-07-06, 1:41 AM #14
IMO, camping is a valid tactic in any "realistic" WW2-themed fps game.

Call of Duty is a good game, but for me, it just can't beat the atmosphere and the community in Day of Defeat. I know it runs on an old engine, but I've had more hours of more fun with DoD than with any other game... especially once you find a good private or custom map server, where everyone is just there to have fun.

------------------
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon...
DSettahr's Homepage
2004-07-06, 4:32 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
IMO, camping is a valid tactic in any "realistic" WW2-themed fps game.

Call of Duty is a good game, but for me, it just can't beat the atmosphere and the community in Day of Defeat. I know it runs on an old engine, but I've had more hours of more fun with DoD than with any other game... especially once you find a good private or custom map server, where everyone is just there to have fun.

</font>

The problem is half of DoD is made up of CS-noobs who complain when they get killed. "OMG SO CHEAP WTFX BBQ" Might as well play CS for a faster-paced game. I would love to find a good server though.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-06, 5:01 AM #16
good lord, call of duty was such an amazing game, but i have yet to play Multiplayer!!! agh. must do it tonight!

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-07-06, 7:31 AM #17
I'd take DoD over CoD anytime... I play DoD quite a lot [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
2004-07-06, 9:17 AM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">1) Never stay in one place for too long.</font>

That by definition is the exact opposite of camping. Those guys are losers. And saber, I hadn't played CoD MP for a lonnnnng time after I got the game, like 4-5 months. Finally tried it and I was pleasantly surprised. Make sure and give it a try.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-07-06, 9:42 AM #19
I too have not played CoD multiplay in a while, but if you want a good server without people complaining about camping, play a snipers only server. {CST} runs a really good server. I played on it for most of the time before I started playing different games.

------------------
"If I had a dollar for every time I had sixty cents, I would be Canada."
"Should slice indices start at 0 or 1? My compromise of 0.5 was rejected without, I thought, proper consideration."
"I like the concept of people, but people ruin it."
"It has come to my attention that some of you have thumb-drives. They are cool."
--@%
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2004-07-06, 10:05 AM #20
Its all about finding the right server.

I play mostly on this one FF DoD server with good admins who always make sure things are in order. They have some strict rules and very little tolerance for BS. If they think you're being an jerk (intentional rule-breaking or attitude), they'll ban you instantly. If you're lucky, they'll give you a warning. Some ppl think they're too strict but it keeps around a set of good, humble and mature players who are about teamwork and having fun, without having to deal with intentional TKing or L337 H4><02z who spam the voice/text comms about how they pwned someone.
2004-07-06, 11:54 AM #21
... My CD is scratched, and won't work. My life is ruined. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

And I'm NOT buying another for $40!

------------------
Titan A.E.
Titan A.E.
2004-07-06, 1:17 PM #22
Go get a repair kit.

I hate people who ***** when they get killed. Never had the problem with AA or with BF:V.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-07-07, 3:59 AM #23
It can't be as bad as Counterstrike..

I so hate it when Terrorists are cussed up for camping on hostage maps. That's the whole point of the map! And all the maps! Attackers vs. Defenders! Terrorists are defending the hostages against an attack from Counterterrorists!
I think I may put that on a shortcut key for the amount of times I yell at people for it.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-07-07, 7:33 AM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:

I so hate it when Terrorists are cussed up for camping on hostage maps. That's the whole point of the map! And all the maps! Attackers vs. Defenders! Terrorists are defending the hostages against an attack from Counterterrorists!
I think I may put that on a shortcut key for the amount of times I yell at people for it.
</font>

When it's like 10000 terrorists vs 1 CT, then it's just not excusable to camp. Seriously. Vice versa too.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-07, 8:06 AM #25
Actually, what is inexcusable is for that 1 CT to camp on a hostage map...or for any CTs to camp on hostage maps.
2004-07-07, 8:17 AM #26
I've found Battlefield servers to be decent enough. well, for the camping issue. If the server involves planes or teamdamage, well.. RUN! RUN LIKE THE WIND!! But otherwise, its ok. I'm always a sniper, and i've never been called a camper.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]

[This message has been edited by Noble Outlaw (edited July 07, 2004).]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-07-07, 8:19 AM #27
Outlaw--you mean Battlefield? Battlegrounds is Revoultionary War (read 1770s war with britain) mod for Halflife.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-07, 8:19 AM #28
whats CoD? celebrity of death match?

------------------
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby
2004-07-07, 8:22 AM #29
I think it's Call of Duty.

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-07-07, 8:32 AM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Outlaw--you mean Battlefield? Battlegrounds is Revoultionary War (read 1770s war with britain) mod for Halflife.

</font>

What could you possibly be taking about? it says battlefield >.> <.<

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-07-07, 8:34 AM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mort-Hog:

</font>

Camping in CS is perfectly fine to me - if the admins want to tone it down, then set the round timer to 3 minutes or 2.5 minutes... As long as the campers are watching the clock and still playing for the objectives, camping is a completely legitmate tactic.

↑ Up to the top!