Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera
2004-07-06, 12:45 PM #1
http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=phantomoftheopera

So, Hollywood let Joel Schumacher (or as I like to call him Shi..fu...er yeah you can figure it out) direct another movie. Personally, when I first heard of the idea of bring Andrew Lloyd Weber's play to the screen, I was delighted to no end. Then when I saw this guy directing, and seeing some of the crap he has done in the past (minus Phone Booth, but I heard that movie was first pitched to Hitchcock), I dunno what to think. After seeing the teaser, it just looks like I am watching the play, but from a different perspective.

Oh well, I'll see it either way. I hope he does it good, but then again I think he might just ruin it.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-07-06, 2:15 PM #2
What exactly is Phantom of the Opera about? All I know is that it has some guy covered in a mask playing a piano?
2004-07-06, 2:39 PM #3
I've seen the musical/play/whatever, and all I have to say is that this movie has a lot to live up to.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-07-06, 2:42 PM #4
Indeed

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-07-06, 5:37 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
What exactly is Phantom of the Opera about? All I know is that it has some guy covered in a mask playing a piano?</font>

It's about a man who is disfigured horribly in the face. He wears a fake hair piece, and the mask, to cover the scars on his face. He lives underneath the Paris Opera House (people claim that one of the builders went mad and lived under there, I doubt that) and is madly in love with this back up singer/dancer named Christine. He then claims to be the Angel of Music, and begins teaching her how to sing more beautifully, except she has no idea who or what he looks like because she never has seen him before. She thinks it is an angel sent by her father and stuff. She eventually becomes the star of the show, thanks to some clever work by him.

------------------
2004-07-07, 3:35 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THRAWN:
It's about a man who is disfigured horribly in the face. He wears a fake hair piece, and the mask, to cover the scars on his face. He lives underneath the Paris Opera House (people claim that one of the builders went mad and lived under there, I doubt that) and is madly in love with this back up singer/dancer named Christine. He then claims to be the Angel of Music, and begins teaching her how to sing more beautifully, except she has no idea who or what he looks like because she never has seen him before. She thinks it is an angel sent by her father and stuff. She eventually becomes the star of the show, thanks to some clever work by him.

</font>

he then takes her to his place, she see's his face, and hates him forever, till the end of it...

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-07-07, 10:23 AM #7
The musical was awesome, but the movie doesn't look that good... I just hope they don't rape the music. The original music is SO GOOD, that will make the movie seem significantly better than it is...

↑ Up to the top!