Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Spider-Man 3 Trailer
Spider-Man 3 Trailer
2006-11-09, 9:32 PM #1
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2783985?loomia_si=1

You can tell a lot of the CGI is not done yet, but this film looks jam packed with stuff. That could be bad though.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-11-09, 9:41 PM #2
holy **** yes.
2006-11-09, 9:56 PM #3
YAY!

Though the thing about Sand Man being Ben's REAL Killers sounds like a load of BS though. . .
My blawgh.
2006-11-09, 10:25 PM #4
Originally posted by Cazor:
holy **** yes.

QUOTED OMG YES PLEASE.

Want.
2006-11-09, 10:41 PM #5
KEEP IN MIND: I am a fan of the Spider-Man movies and comics, so don't think I am in anyway bashing the SM movie series. I have defended it MANY times from MANY people. After seeing the new trailer, I have this to say...

yeah, I thought it was a really crappy trailer.. it didn't already show anything that we hadn't already seen... and there was little action in it.. just a bunch of BS about mary jane again... i am getting sick of that, it forced doc ock into about a 20 min area in SM2.. and it looks like this one is gonna be packed with MJ crap too. Was it really nessicary to waste our time by showing them make out on the web 2 different times.. no one cared about that.. we all know why everyone REALLY wanted to see this trailer... and Sony knew it too, but they still chose not to show us "him" yet. And the bell tower scene with spider-man and the symbiot coming off when he was screaming, looked really silly... and I thought the godzilla sound that sandman made was equally horrible.

As for the sand-man killing ben thing, I really really really hope they are joking, or mistaken int he movie, cause if they are trying to pass that off as how it actually happened, it makes the whole idea of spider-man VOID!... the whole plot of spider-man is and always has been "with great power comes great responsibility"... and the fact that he could have stopped his uncle's killer, but didn't take the responsibility for it is WHAT GIVES SPIDERMAN his story.. now if this new story is true, it wouldn't of mattered if he had stopped the guy or not, which is totally dumb.
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-11-09, 10:45 PM #6
The death of his uncle shaped spiderman, but the comics and movies will ALWAYS be about how incredibly lame and emo spiderman is. And about his love life.

With kicking butt on the side.

Honestly, thats what the appeal of marvel comics was when they first started. It's what set them apart from DC. And has been at the core of all marvel comics.

I might hate spiderman for how petty I think the character can be, but I do feel like atleast the movies do the concept of the character justice.

I do not however, care for alot of the story changes, especially this one.
2006-11-09, 10:55 PM #7
Sandman didn't actually kill him, it's a trick they're pulling on him for some reason I don't recall at this time.
Also, the emo haircut is lollable, but goes well with "evil Parker".

-And the bell tower scene is directly lifted from the comics, so... I guess that's really more a problem you have with the original.
2006-11-09, 11:52 PM #8
no, the bell tower scene is fine, and I know it's from the original.. I am just saying the CG looks bad (looks silly) at the particular instant when he is screaming, and it's crawling on him...
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-11-10, 12:48 AM #9
Well, they ruined the movie in the trailer, cuz Im pretty sure they showed us every badass scene possible. Spiderman lives, so does Mary Jean...they show us everything, and that blows.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-11-10, 5:38 AM #10
was ther another photographer taking spidermans pic?
My Main Objective------ Is to make Jk Real......No i mean Really Real.
2006-11-10, 6:01 AM #11
Originally posted by Ubuu:
Well, they ruined the movie in the trailer, cuz Im pretty sure they showed us every badass scene possible. Spiderman lives, so does Mary Jean...they show us everything, and that blows.

Thanks for the warning.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-11-10, 6:52 AM #12
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/

link for people who dont hate quicktime, and like quality.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-11-10, 7:35 AM #13
Originally posted by yodason45:
was ther another photographer taking spidermans pic?

Eddie Broc?
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-11-10, 7:36 AM #14
Originally posted by Ford:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/

link for people who dont hate quicktime, and like quality.

That's the teaser trailer. Not what TimeWolfOfThePast linked to.
幻術
2006-11-10, 8:13 AM #15
Why does spiderman have to be so emo while he kicks such gigantic amounts of ***?
D E A T H
2006-11-10, 8:18 AM #16
I think the movies make him much more emo. In the comics he cracks jokes all the time and MJ isn't nearly as stupid :p.
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-11-10, 8:21 AM #17
THIS is the full-res HD quality quicktime video trailer. And you all better damn appreciate this direct link, as I had to type the URL out manually.

http://a123.g.akamai.net/7/123/22372/v0001/asmstor.download.akamai.com/9177/spiderman/Spider-man_3_trailer_720p.mov
2006-11-10, 9:25 AM #18
Wow, that was awful. Tobey can't act and why the hell is he skinny again?

At least Topher Grace is hot.
2006-11-10, 10:05 AM #19
I don't know why you say that. She doesn't seem very attractive to me.
2006-11-10, 10:05 AM #20
Hahaha :gbk:
2006-11-10, 11:42 AM #21
Huh?
2006-11-10, 4:28 PM #22
1) You guys are using the phrase "emo" inappropriately. Emo does not refer to people that are lamely infatuated with a woman. An emo is a spoiled rich kid who complains about petty things abstractly. Peter Parker is not rich, is not complaining about petty issues, and is not complaining really at all.

2) The main thing that bugged me about the trailer was the volume. Seriously the music was insanely loud, and I could hardly hear the people talking. I kept having to twist my volume knob up and down.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-11-10, 4:49 PM #23
:v:
Attachment: 14510/aglite21.jpg (30,136 bytes)
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-11-11, 1:56 AM #24
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]THIS is the full-res HD quality quicktime video trailer. And you all better damn appreciate this direct link, as I had to type the URL out manually.

http://a123.g.akamai.net/7/123/22372/v0001/asmstor.download.akamai.com/9177/spiderman/Spider-man_3_trailer_720p.mov[/QUOTE]
Yay, thanks!
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-11-11, 2:12 AM #25
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
1) You guys are using the phrase "emo" inappropriately. Emo does not refer to people that are lamely infatuated with a woman. An emo is a spoiled rich kid who complains about petty things abstractly. Peter Parker is not rich, is not complaining about petty issues, and is not complaining really at all.

He constantly complains about the sacrifices of a super hero.

Thats pretty damn emo to me.
2006-11-11, 7:11 AM #26
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:

Actually Emo has realyl nothing to do with how much money you have.. EMO by def. means "Emotional"... and guy who is over emotional is EMO.. which includes whining over a girl and choices and such. and also Emo has become a fashion, even if you are not emo, the emo fashion is to wear your hair over your eyes and girl pants..
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-11-11, 11:05 AM #27
I've been looking foreward to this trailer for a while now. It looks pretty badass, but I'm kind of upset that they haven't let us see Venom yet.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-11, 9:56 PM #28
I can understand why - he'll be the major draw of the film, effects wise. I would not be surprised if we don't see him UNTIL the film (save spy reports.)
2006-11-11, 10:15 PM #29
Originally posted by Rob:
He constantly complains about the sacrifices of a super hero.

Thats pretty damn emo to me.

He doesn't really complain to anyone though.. It's more like the thoughts in his head. And seriously, I've whined about a girl before. And many of you guys have too. That doesn't make us emo.

Look at his interactions with other characters. he's not all whiney to them. It's only in his inner thoughts. Who among us aren't the same way? We just don't voice those emotions, and therefore aren't "emo"

That's my thought on it. I just don't really see Spiderman fitting into that catagory just because he has a hard life. By your guys' standards, we'd have to also label Superman emo (for the whole Lois Lane infatuation, or Lana Lang infatuation if you consider Smallville).

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-11-12, 12:00 AM #30
He's complaining to the audience.

WAHHH, I DON'T GET TO HAVE TEH GIRLFRINDS CAUSE I SUPER HERO.

WAHHHH, I CAN'T HAVE A TEH LIFE AND FIGHT CRIME TOO!

He's petty about it, really petty.
2006-11-12, 3:01 AM #31
WAHHHH, SPIDEYMAN IS TOTLY WINEY.

no caps
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-11-12, 4:59 PM #32
Judging by your reactions, maybe we should go back to the days of Steven Segal and Chuck Norris kind of protagonists.....
2006-11-12, 5:07 PM #33
Cool! Dark jedi spiderman looks like it is going to be a fun movie.
2006-11-12, 10:26 PM #34
Originally posted by Cloud:
Judging by your reactions, maybe we should go back to the days of Steven Segal and Chuck Norris kind of protagonists.....

Clint Eastwood, Charleton Heston, and Bruce Lee :)
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-11-12, 11:10 PM #35
None of the other movies did spiderman any justice, I don't see why you guys expect this one to.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-11-12, 11:30 PM #36
I"m not one to apply the emo label often, in fact, I've only ever applied it to spiderman.
Because of the whole 'I'm sad so my powers don't work', that sucked big time, and ruined the whole movie.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-11-13, 12:20 AM #37
It looks fun.

I like that train-kick move.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-11-13, 10:26 AM #38
Originally posted by Deadman:
I"m not one to apply the emo label often, in fact, I've only ever applied it to spiderman.
Because of the whole 'I'm sad so my powers don't work', that sucked big time, and ruined the whole movie.

It wasn't because he was sad, it was because he was conficted. But I agree, I thought that was kinda stupid too.

2006-11-13, 10:54 AM #39
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Pz3q6q6ll8

Venom.
2006-11-13, 1:35 PM #40
Originally posted by JediKirby:
None of the other movies did spiderman any justice, I don't see why you guys expect this one to.

I'm just going to tell you that you're wrong and leave it at that.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!