Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Shortie Poll [Has a purpose]
Shortie Poll [Has a purpose]
2006-11-09, 10:10 PM #1
Do you think video games have become an art form?

I indefinitly do! Looking at games like Gears Of War and Resistance: Fall Of Man and Half Life its looking like they are truly becoming works of art. Just like people would consider Citizen Cane to be a work of art.

And just as movies became accepted art forms it looks like soon enough games are gonna become mainstream art forms. We already have devolopers who are known like the great directers of movies[John Carmack = Steven Speilburg?]. And with the coming of age of amazing graphics and gripping story lines i would much rather have a good 80$ 40 hour long game then a 30$ 2-3 hour long movie.
2006-11-09, 10:22 PM #2
Is it just me, or does this poll serve no purpose?
2006-11-09, 10:42 PM #3
It's not just you.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-09, 10:54 PM #4
Please stop trying to give yourself a nickname. That's not how it works, other people give you your nickname.
2006-11-09, 11:00 PM #5
For real.

He's downsboy for the rest of his life.
2006-11-09, 11:04 PM #6
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:

Shut up.
2006-11-09, 11:12 PM #7
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:

Duh? :downs:
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-11-09, 11:22 PM #8
Video games what the hell would make you think that they are a form of art? Especially with their bright colors and stylized appearances, not to mention all of the art that goes into them, that would just be illogical. It’s almost like making a perfectly round pizza and saying that it’s a work of art.

Everyone knows that movies, video games, shoe designs, paintings, the fine complex which is the female form are NOT works of art.

Okay, but for the sake of Serious.
Pointless and/or utterly stupid threads are not a form of art either, in other words. No one likes to look at them.
My blawgh.
2006-11-09, 11:39 PM #9
this isnt going anywhere nice.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.

↑ Up to the top!