Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Should we wipe out a cylon race...
Should we wipe out a cylon race...
2006-11-10, 8:59 PM #1
If we were in Galactica's position?
2006-11-10, 9:06 PM #2
Where is my option for HELL YES?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2006-11-10, 9:07 PM #3
It's a sub-option under "yes" someplace.
2006-11-10, 9:12 PM #4
No way! Biological warfare is wrong! Make hugs, not war.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-11-10, 9:14 PM #5
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
No way! Biological warfare is wrong!

Only when other people do it!
2006-11-10, 9:16 PM #6
/hugs Thrawn42689
2006-11-10, 9:19 PM #7
augh COOTIES
2006-11-10, 9:25 PM #8
No.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-11-10, 9:30 PM #9
That was another one of those good "issue" episodes where they spend most of it debating something. I thought both sides were right, but in Galactica's position, with only a little over 41k humans left, I'd side with Roslin.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-11-10, 10:11 PM #10
I'm Jepman
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-11-10, 10:35 PM #11
No. I like the Cylons.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-11-10, 11:18 PM #12
we should totally wipe out the Vong
2006-11-11, 1:28 AM #13
Not until the show is over. Kill the cylons and that's it, really. Also, killing all the cylons would make the humans no better than the cylons. They'd lose their humanity.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-11, 5:21 AM #14
Helo is right. Cylons are sentient beings, not just programmed bots. They're as every bit intelligent as humans, they can reproduce like humans, they practically are humans.

For it to be justified it would have to be a last resort when facing complete destruction. Self-defense, in essence.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-11-11, 6:10 AM #15
Of course they should. Otherwise, they face their own extinction. However, if they kill off the cylons, the show would come to an abrupt end, so that isn't going to happen.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-11-11, 7:22 AM #16
The Cylons - the skin jobs, at least - are all like Data. They are trying desperately to be human and ****ing it up. Wiping them out is just as evil as wiping out a bunch of humans. On the other hand, the Cylons are kind of jerks.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-11, 4:29 PM #17
Originally posted by Emon:
Helo is right. Cylons are sentient beings, not just programmed bots. They're as every bit intelligent as humans, they can reproduce like humans, they practically are humans.

For it to be justified it would have to be a last resort when facing complete destruction. Self-defense, in essence.

.... There's only 41 thousand humans left, and the Cylons murdered billions on the Colonies. Those remaining 41 thousand are continuing to run from the Cylons.

You're telling me that they AREN'T facing complete destruction? That in their case, it WOULDN'T be self defense?

I completely agree with Helo's points as well, but if I had to take a side it'd be Roslin's. And I knew as soon as the decision was made it wasn't going to happen either at all, or in the capacity they wanted it to as it'd kill the story.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-11-11, 8:39 PM #18
Wipe them out with a virus? Where's the fun in that? If your going to wipe someone out, do it with magnificent and crushing power.

Virus bomb them from 10,000 LY away or glass them after achieving orbital superiority in an incredible display of firepower, tactics, and cool explosions. Which do you think would have a bigger impact on history?

If you are unable to perform a Base Delta Zero, Glassing, or Exterminatus operation due to insufficient resources, you don't need to be wiping out any races by being a sneaky underhanded *****.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2006-11-11, 10:17 PM #19
My sun crusher in Space Empires IV begs to differ.
<3
2006-11-12, 6:20 AM #20
I guess we now know how Tigh gets back in CIC and takes Helo's job back...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-11-12, 7:08 AM #21
Why? Adama didn't even investigate. Though he certainly knows Helo did it, he has no evidence and no good reason to kick Helo out of the executive officer's position. Adama certainly hasn't got anyone better to do the job. Tigh's good at the administration and has experience, but he's also a bit of a loon. And Apollo belongs in a fighter, not on some bridge.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-12, 9:05 AM #22
And frankly, Adama was glad someone killed the prisoners.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-12, 9:10 AM #23
Quote:
Tigh's good at the administration and has experience, but he's also a bit of a loon.

He also has bad depth perception.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2006-11-12, 9:25 AM #24
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
No. I like the Cylons.

!!
Attachment: 14525/Image1.jpg (110,280 bytes)
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-11-12, 9:34 AM #25
****. I guess my secret is out.

Yes, I'm a Cylon. So is MBeggar too.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-11-12, 9:35 AM #26
A robot wizard jedi. This is getting confusing.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-12, 9:37 AM #27
There is nothing confusing about God's plan.
2006-11-12, 9:49 AM #28
You know what Cylon we haven't seen recently? The priestly-one - Al from Quantum Leap.
2006-11-12, 8:09 PM #29
Why did roslyn not get mad when adama said "I'm letting it go" ?

If I saw the scene correctly, it was basically "Well we couldn't finish your orders to kill all of our enemies...and I'm letting it go."
"why?"
Because. And look at this, we're on the right road to earth *ques pictures and papers to present*
"OMG you're right, cool"

*Credits*
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-11-12, 8:34 PM #30
Because she didn't have the support of the military on this matter (Adama's support) and, without his support, she can't really conduct an investigation. If she tried to have a public investigation done, there would have been a public outcry.
2006-11-13, 8:59 PM #31
After watching last weeks episode, I've decided Helo is the biggest little <censored> ever.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-11-13, 9:00 PM #32
Actually, I think Baltar reserves that title.
2006-11-13, 10:04 PM #33
Helo has some ethics/morality and had the conviction to stand up for them even.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!