Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I finally got Warhammer 40000....
So I finally got Warhammer 40000....
2006-11-13, 2:26 PM #1
I was in Target today to check to see if they had any Wii pre-orders, but I decided to go look at the computer games real quick first. At first I saw F.E.A.R. I love FPSers so I picked it up and the expansion and continued to browse. I then saw Warhammer 40000: Dark Crusade. I've seen you guys talk about it, but was basically clueless as to what it was, other than a futuristic strategy game. I looked it over and thought "Screw it, why not?" so I put down F.E.A.R and picked that up. So far I've only played a little with the Tau, which I like. When I play it, I do get some Starcraft nostalgia, which only makes me want to play it some more.

I'm curious though, what's with the other races? I'm new to the series, so I don't know any of their history or what kind of militaries they have(strengths/weaknesses). And am I strange for thinking Space Marines is a weird name for people who seem like holy crusaders?

edit: oh, and I completely forgot about the Wii. I guess not having a pre-order is a good thing right now since I now have to play Warhammer and finish FFXII before I even think of the Wii.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2006-11-13, 3:04 PM #2
I don't know about other Bestbuys, but my local one isn't taking Wii pre-orders. It's first come, first serve. I'm looking forward to the morning mayhem on the 19th.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-11-13, 3:06 PM #3
You do know that Starcraft based most of it's characters/races/ideas off of Warhammer 40k right? And Starship Troopers (the book, not the movie :p).

Good game so I hear, but the tabletop's much more fun (albeit MUCH MORE ****ING EXPENSIVE.)

Also, a good way to get into the lore is to pick up some of the books. I read "Eisenhorn" which detailed most of the terran side of things at least, and was also an excellent read (but very long).
D E A T H
2006-11-13, 5:38 PM #4
Dawn of War was the only RTS that I actually bothered to play through the Campaign. All others I just launch a multiplayer game with bots and build whatever I want.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee

↑ Up to the top!