Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → NTSC to PAL conversion (tv shows)
NTSC to PAL conversion (tv shows)
2006-11-13, 10:30 PM #1
I have just done an experiment with a sound editing program using a theme song to a show. I used the percentage difference from 24 Frames per second to 25, and discovered that there realy is a noticeable differance.

I noticed ever since i downloaded that something sounded off about it, and now i realised it, it was about 4% slower, which equates to a semitone. there was one part where i instantly realized that the PAL broadcast version was a sped up version.

So, does anyone else know of tv shows or movies that have had their framerate properly changed, but had no attempt to correct the pitch of the sound.

(btw, the song was the theme to the anime "monster rancher")

[edit] also, to the audiophiles here, please dont turn this into a 4% speedup/slowdown (denpending on what standard the material was produced for) *****fest. [/edit]
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%

↑ Up to the top!