Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Why No Star Destroyer Maps?
Why No Star Destroyer Maps?
2006-11-13, 10:45 PM #1
Why hasn't anyone made a canonical Star Destroyer map? I've seen many great maps that recreate some of the locations in the films in terrific detail, but I've seen nothing like this for a Star Destroyer.

There have been attempts. There's one here but the bridge looks nothing like an ISD bridge. There's another from "Jedi Outcast", but not exactly canonical. Someone has made one for SW Galaxies, but I'm not subscribing to SWG just to use it! Anyone know if there's one in the works for Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast?
2006-11-13, 10:53 PM #2
The death star is really, really, really big.
2006-11-13, 10:56 PM #3
Star Destroyers are slightly less xbox hueg.
But not by a lot.

-I'd say that there will never be a faithful recreation of a Star Destroyer unless there's some sort of huge revolution in the way indoor environments are built, because they're frikkin' big. How big? There's malls in some.
2006-11-13, 10:57 PM #4
How was there an SWG map built?
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-11-14, 12:03 AM #5
Originally posted by happydud:
How was there an SWG map built?

Don't know, but there it is on Youtube!
2006-11-14, 12:26 AM #6
Duh.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-11-14, 3:31 AM #7
Originally posted by Impi:

So what is this, then? A JA map available for download? A rendering project in another 3D program? What?
2006-11-14, 3:34 AM #8
it's a Jedi Knight map, in development.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-11-14, 3:49 AM #9
The maps he mentioned are JO and JA.. he might not even know what JK is
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-11-14, 4:22 AM #10
JK is better for machinima than JO or JA, because of COG. It just can't do mouths.

I think someone needs to build him a bridge, because his movies are awesome.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-14, 11:12 PM #11
Originally posted by Isuwen:
JI think someone needs to build him a bridge, because his movies are awesome.

Anyone up for it? :P

↑ Up to the top!