Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Rebellion [Supremecy] Gets a make-over!
Rebellion [Supremecy] Gets a make-over!
2006-11-14, 8:40 PM #1
Aperantly some crazies down here are trying to make rebellion not look like absolute crap by making new models and stuff. They appear to be making some head-way to! If this actually finishes it could be great!

Just thought you should know.
2006-11-14, 8:55 PM #2
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Aperantly some crazies down here are trying to make rebellion not look like absolute crap by making new models and stuff. They appear to be making some head-way to! If this actually finishes it could be great!

Just thought you should know.

Enough people still remember that game to actually work on it?

Color me surprised.
2006-11-14, 10:13 PM #3
Wasn't Rebellion crap to begin with?
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
2006-11-14, 10:38 PM #4
That's awesome to hear. Albeit those models could quite a bit better.

Those who didn't like Rebellion apparently didn't like their souls. Poor people. :(
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-11-15, 10:28 AM #5
Originally posted by Patriot:
Wasn't Rebellion crap to begin with?

The one guy I know who played it really liked it.
2006-11-15, 11:26 AM #6
It lacks a certain long time motivation, but sometimes you just get the urge to play it again.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-11-15, 11:46 AM #7
And that urge then has you staying up till 1:00 AM trying to take coruscaunt [SP]
Then losing your fleet and ending up losing...
2006-11-15, 1:07 PM #8
Why take coruscant? You have it from the beginning.
2006-11-15, 1:15 PM #9
One of the Rebel objectives is to capture Coruscant.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-11-15, 1:29 PM #10
I played it a long time ago when it was new. . .but yeah, X-Wing Alliance came out and I never played Rebellion again.
My blawgh.
2006-11-15, 2:05 PM #11
I often use XWA to make the battles in rebellion cooler.

The most epic battle i ever had. 3 ISDs 1 SSD and 3 TIE squads vs 4 MC80As and 3 B wing squads.

Twas awesome in rebellion and even better in XWA.
2006-11-15, 3:42 PM #12
The only thing I liked about that game was the advisor robots, specifically the animation when you'd lose and your "command deck" (or whatever that thing was) would collapse on them. Or something like that. It wasn't quite the best SW game on the market.
幻術
2006-11-16, 2:37 AM #13
Nothing quite like finding Luke, while he's injured, and now has 0 combat, espionage, etc, sending my best trained dark jedi not named vader or palpatine after him, having said dark jedi get killed, having to send Vader after him, have him automatically take Luke strait to the emperor on Coruscant, still having 0 combat, and having Luke somehow kidnap the emperor AND Vader, AND escape Coruscant and take them captive to some outlying planet.

WTF
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-11-16, 11:25 AM #14
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
And that urge then has you staying up till 1:00 AM trying to take coruscaunt [SP]
Then losing your fleet and ending up losing...

1 am? Weak. I'll stay up until 4 just talking about Rebellion. ;)
2006-11-16, 12:25 PM #15
Wait, they are trying to improve Rebellion? I thought they already did. *goes back to playing Empire at War*
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2006-11-16, 12:28 PM #16
Rebellion was a fairly good strategy game. I think it might have been better if it were turn-based like Civ. There's just way too much stuff to manage in the galaxy to play the game on a fast setting, but hyperspace transit times are brutally slow on a reasonable setting.
2006-11-16, 12:34 PM #17
I was playing as the Empire one time and I was building my first Death Star around some planet. The Death Star takes a while to complete, but thankfully the whole construction process went uninterrupted and after all that time, there was 2 days left until i could spew doom on the galaxy.

Now there was only 1 day left! So i went to the planet where i was building it.
99% was done, and then the unthinkable.

"Environmental Disaster has destroyed your orbital construction facility!"

WHAT?! I clicked on the bulletin, and sure enough some stupid freak of nature somehow managed to lash out and destroy my Death Star. .( :argh:
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-11-16, 6:02 PM #18
Maybe you just suck at building Deatstars.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-11-16, 9:18 PM #19
I thought it was a pretty good game, but it should have been turn-based.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-11-17, 9:02 AM #20
Really, why did you build the Death Star with only one shipyard? That would take forever.

And Empire at War isn't anywhere near Rebellion. Not unless they did some big changes from the demo to the full game.
2006-11-17, 9:24 AM #21
I dont remember, it was a while ago. :v:
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-11-17, 11:12 AM #22
I think it might have been the first space strategy game with real-time battles in 3D. (Back when LEC actually made "cutting-edge" products in the market.)
"Good Asian dubs are like Steven Segal and plot; they just dont appear in the same movie." -Spork

↑ Up to the top!