Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Zune and Vista aren't friends
Zune and Vista aren't friends
2006-11-15, 11:16 PM #1
ha.ha.ha.

Quote:
"This operating system is currently not supported by Zune," reads an error message when trying to install Zune software on the latest versions of Microsoft's own Windows Vista operating system.

hilarity ensues!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-11-15, 11:30 PM #2
That's actually not true at all. All you have to do is check a checkbox to put the installer in Vista compatibility mode---or so I've heard from our friends at slashdot. But you kind of expect apple to try to slander MS when they can.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-11-16, 12:02 AM #3
Yeah, they do do that. It's still funny that music bought from Microsoft's online store won't work on your Zune though. (apparently hardly anybody's bought anything from there and that's why the decision was made not to waste time to make it compatible)
2006-11-16, 12:13 AM #4
I saw this commercial for Zune that was asinine. It was just a bunch of people partying. If you didn't have prior knowledge of what Zune actually was, you'd have no idea wtf the commercial was even advertising.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-11-16, 5:22 AM #5
I had no idea wtf the original iPod commercials were about until like...the third one.
2006-11-16, 6:16 AM #6
I still have no idea what it is. And what are those girls doing? >.>
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-11-16, 7:35 AM #7
Supposedly if you simply run the installer and the program in XPSP2 compatibility mode you can work around this issue with no repercussions...

That solution is the FIRST thing anyone should try when a program/installer complains about the wrong version of Windows...

2006-11-16, 8:47 AM #8
[QUOTE=The Mega-ZZTer]Supposedly if you simply run the installer and the program in XPSP2 compatibility mode you can work around this issue with no repercussions...

That solution is the FIRST thing anyone should try when a program/installer complains about the wrong version of Windows...[/QUOTE]
And how many of the "general public" are going to know that little tidbit.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-11-16, 9:00 AM #9
I think the point of the matter is is that one expects a Microsoft product to work perfectly with another Microsoft product. Especially when the whole advertised premise of the situation is that they will work perfectly.
2006-11-16, 9:48 AM #10
That girl looks like she's in serious pain. Who chose that picture?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-11-16, 11:20 AM #11
A mentalist.
2006-11-16, 12:08 PM #12
Isn't this just typical Microsoft?
I don't own a single Microsoft game or program that hasn't required an update.
2006-11-16, 12:43 PM #13
:rolleyes:

It would be funny if Vista was actually released yet.
2006-11-16, 1:06 PM #14
Originally posted by Draco_Zandros:
Isn't this just typical Microsoft?
I don't own a single Microsoft game or program that hasn't required an update.

I use a mac exclusively at home and most of the software I use gets regular updates.

What's your point?
2006-11-16, 1:12 PM #15
sometimes people just like to make statements, even if they don't actually have anything to say.

like me, I do it all the time, but i'm brilliant.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-11-16, 1:32 PM #16
Originally posted by Martyn:
I use a mac exclusively at home and most of the software I use gets regular updates.

What's your point?

My point is:
Games - crash issues, patch required to stop
Software - security issues & - Hardware issues

It's true a lot of software has serious bugs in them but Microsoft don't seem to be that bothered.
2006-11-16, 1:42 PM #17
Apparently Steve Balmer enjoys using the word squirt
2006-11-16, 2:08 PM #18
Quote:
I want to squirt you a picture of my kids. You want to squirt me back a video of your vacation. That's [an] experience.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever read.
2006-11-16, 7:45 PM #19
Originally posted by tofu:
:rolleyes:

exactly, since vista won't be out until jan 30th. i'm sure they will have patched it by then.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2006-11-17, 1:49 AM #20
its a good thing the consumer release of vista isnt til january 30th, when theyre sure to have fixed this up
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2006-11-17, 7:01 AM #21
Originally posted by Draco_Zandros:
Games - crash issues, patch required to stop

MS doesn't develop its games.

Originally posted by tofu:

But with Vista's release on the horizon, one would think that it would be compatible with, at the very least, their latest release candidate.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!