Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm pissed off!
I'm pissed off!
2006-11-18, 1:57 AM #1
Language, Rant, and Length Warning!
Dear TeleCom Companies: I hate you.

Seriously. Why isn't there a simple, straightforeward, nation-wide company that offers broadband, unlimited long distance, and digital cable all for a SINGLE low price, of say, 20-40 bucks? No e-mails, web space, or psychotic pricing scams? No price hike, just immediate billing with a single flat rate that CANNOT go up for the period of the contract. How about contracts that don't require you sign away your personal information?

I'm searching EVERYWHERE for cheap broadband services for my area that'll offer up to 3mbits, and all I'm getting is the oligopoly of 19.95 for 3 months, and then random hikes and service charges that don't warrent the offered service. Not to mention, I have to sign up for 20 other things I don't want. Why the hell is 126mb of webspace at charter.com a REQUIRED part of the package? That does absolutely nothing for me.

GAH! KIRBY SMASH!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-11-18, 12:43 PM #2
Quote:
Where’s the honest, up front, competitively priced, and fair business we expect out of every other industry, including those related to the internet? It’s lost in your profit-friendly anti-consumerism. **** you TeleCom, I hate you.

Funny, if everyone thought that way, why would businesses like this still be in business? :rolleyes: They're not trying to please the consumers alone, they're trying to please the consumers enough to make a profit that they can pass on to the owners/shareholders of the company.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-11-18, 3:16 PM #3
You're expecting too much if you think you can get phone, cabel and internet for $40 a month. Not going to happen. $80-100 for all three is actually quite reasonable.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-19, 4:42 PM #4
just be glad you dont live in australia where all of the internet speeds that you find are average are on expensive plans with download limits (which if exceeded, will result in your download speed being capped way low for the rest of the month) that you would find obscenely low.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%

↑ Up to the top!