Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Polk
Polk
2006-11-18, 4:28 PM #1
Today has been one of the most monumentally awesome days I've ever worked 10 hours.

For those of you who don't know, Polk Audio was founded and is run here in Baltimore. Theres an area called Gibson island, which you may as well call "rich people palatial habitat sanctuary island."

Anyways, today we worked for the founder and owner of Polk Audio, none other than Mr. Polk himself. And man, what an awesome guy. Not the least bit stuck up. By no means a fat nerd. He knows something about everything, and is well versed in history, machining, manufacturing, science (of course), even knew alot about art and art history.

He tipped us $300 for four men. $75 for each man. And he even helped us move some stuff.

The best part was while he were talking about audio equipment, he didn't even ATTEMPT to sell his equipment to me. He discussed the strengths and weaknesses of everything. And he dumbed everything down to english for us lowly furniture moving peons.

I don't know what the audiophiles have to say about Polk products, and I don't care. The owner is an outrageously cool and laid back guy.
2006-11-18, 4:34 PM #2
It would be a Godsend to work for someone like that on a daily basis. I have one manager where I work that I enjoy working with because she's not a stuck up "I'm better than you" kind of manager like most of the other ones.
2006-11-18, 7:16 PM #3
Yeah thats why I probably wont be returning to my old job this summer. Every supervisor is quitting except for the guy who treats his employees with no respect or dignity.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF

↑ Up to the top!