Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gamecube
Gamecube
2006-11-18, 5:07 PM #1
So, all the Wii excitement has for some reason made me feel like purchasing a Gamecube. I don't know much about great games, or if it is even worth owning the system. Any input is appreciated.
2006-11-18, 5:11 PM #2
You're gonna need the following:

Smash Brothers Melee
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Zelda: Wind Waker
Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader
Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike (sure, it has the complete RL in it already, but it's two player only)
Mario Sunshine

-And some others that other poeple are gonna start on about as soon as I post this.
2006-11-18, 5:12 PM #3
Resident Evil 4.

That is all.
>>untie shoes
2006-11-18, 5:15 PM #4
Isn't the Wii able to play Gamecube games?
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-11-18, 5:18 PM #5
There's that to consider as well, Impi.

-It also plays NES, SNES, Game Boy, GBC, GBA, and Sega games. It's an orgasmic smorgasbord of gaming.
2006-11-18, 5:18 PM #6
Originally posted by Impi:
Isn't the Wii able to play Gamecube games?

I think it does, but I don't have the funds to purchase a Wii at the moment and I am not entirely sure I want to invest in one yet.
2006-11-18, 5:38 PM #7
well at this point wait until friday at least... see if anyone puts them on sale super cheap... if not go for a used one (after the Wii comes out many will surely sell their gamecubes)
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-11-18, 5:40 PM #8
I was thinking of stopping by the local game store and getting a used one for relatively cheap.
2006-11-18, 6:08 PM #9
Originally posted by Jarl:
There's that to consider as well, Impi.

-It also plays NES, SNES, Game Boy, GBC, GBA, and Sega games. It's an orgasmic smorgasbord of gaming.

No, it plays games from those platforms that Nintendo decides to emulate. You're pretty much guaranteed backwards compatibility with Gamecube disks.
2006-11-18, 6:41 PM #10
i still say they should have put in a gameboy slot for the GBA, GBC, GB compatibility
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-11-18, 10:26 PM #11
You're gonna need the following:

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Worst.Tony Hawk.Ever

It should be:

Tony Hawk's American Waste-of-money
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2006-11-18, 10:31 PM #12
Clever girl.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-11-18, 10:32 PM #13
Why has no-one mentioned Monkey Ball yet?
MONKEY BALL!!!!

(I've only played MB2)
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-11-19, 12:53 AM #14
Originally posted by Tazz:
Worst.Tony Hawk.Ever

It should be:

I dunno. Sure, T.H.U.G. had a better avatar creation system (I never played THUG2) but THAW was pretty cool.

-Sure, if you buy each Tony Hawk game, you're gonna be dissapointed when you realize it's the same game every year, but THAW was pretty fun.
2006-11-19, 4:54 AM #15
Originally posted by Tazz:
Worst.Tony Hawk.Ever

It should be:

Yeah, the story sucked but the free range was pretty darn cool. All it was missing was cops that would come and chase you away.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-11-19, 4:55 AM #16
You mean a smorgasmicbord? :ninja:
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-11-19, 8:54 AM #17
You forget Viewtiful Joe, it's cool incarnate. o:
Lego Star Wars too if you don't have it yet, Soul Calibur II if you like 3D fighting, Capcom vs. SNK 2 if you like 2D fighting, F-Zero GX if you enjoy a racing game where going over a thousand km/h is possible and you're not concerned with vertical, horizontal, diagonal, upside down or tubular racing. All within a single circuit. o:

And if you don't like waiting, or hate right handed Link, you can also look forward to the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess, which should be out in a week or two.
Seishun da!
2006-11-19, 11:17 PM #18
[QUOTE=Pedro T Hutt]And if you don't like waiting, or hate right handed Link[/QUOTE]
That always cracks me up when someone complains about that. Of all the stupid pointless things to have a fit over (not saying you are, but I've seen some people go mental over it)
Besides, in the original game(s) he was ambidextrous, point left and he's left handed, point right and he's right
2006-11-20, 1:05 AM #19
Originally posted by Deadman:
Besides, in the original game(s) he was ambidextrous, point left and he's left handed, point right and he's right

He's not ambidextrous, he's a cheaply made sprite they just mirrored instead of actually making a proper one cautious so he always keeps his shield towards... whatever big evil thing was at the top of the map.

-I dunno, it's been a long time since I read the article and I never got very far in any of the games.
2006-11-20, 1:13 AM #20
Exactly my point Jarl. People are making a big deal over Link always being left handed, but he wasn't. Nobody cared back then, and it's just sad that so many people care now.
2006-11-20, 1:14 AM #21
Yoshi will probably disagree with me on this, but I'd strongly recommend MGS: The Twin Snakes. In addition to most of the games already mentioned in the thread, of course. I never got into the Tony Hawk's games.
2006-11-20, 8:19 AM #22
Originally posted by Deadman:

Point up, he's left handed, point down, he's left handed. 3/4 leftie. XD

And well, personally I'm a bit disappointed since I'm a leftie myself and thought it fun to have some representation of lefties in games... but I'm not going to boycott Nintendo for it or whatever it is the hissy fitters do.
Seishun da!
2006-11-20, 11:07 AM #23
Time Splitters 3 and 4, Red Faction II. I too was thinking of getting a Cube now :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-11-20, 11:28 AM #24
If you like FPS games, you MUST get the Metroid Prime games then. =D
Seishun da!
2006-11-20, 9:05 PM #25
Metroid Primeseses

both of thems.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-11-20, 9:15 PM #26
Why has nobody mentioned MarioKart: Double Dash? For shame!

Also, I really like Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door as well as 1080 Avalanche.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-11-20, 9:18 PM #27
I picked up Battalion Wars the other day. It seems pretty good so far.
2006-11-21, 12:07 AM #28
Meh, MarioKart: Double Dash was ok, but it wasn't as good as the previous mario karts, and it definitely didn't have the replayability.
Personally I'd rent it (well, if I didn't already own it)

Paper Mario however, is awesome.

↑ Up to the top!