Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Freelancer - a quick question (demo saves)
Freelancer - a quick question (demo saves)
2006-11-18, 5:18 PM #1
I've been playing the demo for a while, and now that I have the full game, was wondering if it's possible to put my saves into the full game so that I keep all my cash and equipment. Anyone tried that before?
幻術
2006-11-18, 5:21 PM #2
Not tried it, but i doubt it will work. Since the save stores info about the last mission you accomplished. I don't know how far the demo goes into the story or whether it's even the same story. You could try copying the AutoSave.fl file across and see if it works, but i'm guessing it will make Freelancer crash.

However, you can use my save editor to edit the money/open gates, ship, etc.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-11-18, 5:29 PM #3
The demo's just 1 story mission, and lots of randomly generated ones you can take. Nice tools, though.
幻術
2006-11-18, 5:33 PM #4
And I can't find the files associated with saved games for some reason. Meh.
幻術
2006-11-18, 5:34 PM #5
I don't know, but I'm 99% sure it isn't worth bothering. New York is one of the larger systems in FL but it's also the lowest level - you'll end up having to buy all new stuff by the time you get to the British part. Besides which none of the good trade routes are in-system, so I can't imagine that you've made too much money.

Edit: I think saves are in my documents\my games\Freelancer or something like that as opposed to the game's directory.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-11-18, 5:37 PM #6
Yeah, you're probably right. My net worth's only about 20 grand. But anyways. Just seems like I'm letting the two or three hours I've spent on random missions go to waste.
幻術
2006-11-18, 5:48 PM #7
That game was so awesome. I spent like 5 hours a day doing giant shipping runs with a friend of mine. Eventually we had mass money and bought all the best stuff and killed stuff. Then realized the multiplayer was insanely easy to cheat in, and thus pointless-.-

o.0
2006-11-18, 10:21 PM #8
Diamonds from like Leeds to Kusari somewhere is the best run in the game IIRC.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-11-18, 10:55 PM #9
NO PERSONAL POSTS

:ninja:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-11-19, 3:52 AM #10
Just got to Leeds. Pretty good so far, but I wish there would be "pirate" or "bounty hunter" or "whichever-faction-you-choose" sub-plots with cutscenes and such. Also, I still haven't discovered how to mine or how to be a pirate. All non-story missions up to this point were mostly just destroying Rogue ships or killing a certain bandit. But then, I guess I'm yet to see what this game has to offer.
幻術
2006-11-19, 6:19 AM #11
Originally posted by Wolfy:
NO PERSONAL POSTS

:ninja:

No stealin' of my lame jokes!

:mad:
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-11-19, 11:06 AM #12
I can't steal what you don't post. :v:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-11-19, 11:41 AM #13
Originally posted by Koobie:
Just got to Leeds. Pretty good so far, but I wish there would be "pirate" or "bounty hunter" or "whichever-faction-you-choose" sub-plots with cutscenes and such. Also, I still haven't discovered how to mine or how to be a pirate. All non-story missions up to this point were mostly just destroying Rogue ships or killing a certain bandit. But then, I guess I'm yet to see what this game has to offer.

Mining is easy. You need to fly to a minable asteroid field or ice cloud or something (you can find them with the 'minable zones' map overlay) and then shoot at the little debris that go flying past your ship. Some of them will contain minerals that you can tractor in. As for being a pirate, you just need to shoot enough government and corporation ships (or bounty hunters) until you can start doing their missions (which are the same as everybody else's).

I'd recommend taking your time through the campaign and doing all the exploration you want, but be aware that your alliances are going to be reset several more times in the story, so don't put too much effort into getting in good with a particular faction.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-11-19, 1:02 PM #14
It's somehow awesome how in FL fighting in an asteroid field reminded of the scene from AotC, where Jango Fett chased Obi-Wan through the asteroid field, blasting asteroids to pieces when he tried to shoot down Obi-Wan.

Once you have played through the normal SP game, you should get the Rebalance mod (or possibly some other large overhaul mod, but I only really tried Rebalance), and play it through again... It'll be quite different, even though the story itself remains the same. Lancers Reactor is the best place to start looking for mods. It's nice to fight against capital ships!
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-11-19, 1:06 PM #15
Eve Online is an MMO that is supposed to be really close to beeing Freelancer MMO.
2006-11-19, 3:27 PM #16
now i want to play freelancer again.

are the MP servers still up?

it was cool the one time i played with one of you massassians. i forget who.

also i never knew there were mods!

*goes and looks at mods.*
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-11-19, 4:16 PM #17
Agh, now I want to play freelancer. >.<

o.0
2006-11-19, 9:19 PM #18
I just reinstalled Freelancer, and now I'm downloading a mod called Crossfire 1.7, as there seems to be a large/active server using it. We should try to get a bunch of massassians together on one server to mess about and kill things>.>

o.0
2006-11-19, 9:45 PM #19
yes
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-11-19, 10:54 PM #20
"Freelancer alpha 1-1, you are cleared for departure. Safe flying out there."
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!