Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Unofficial "I Have A Wii!" Thread
The Unofficial "I Have A Wii!" Thread
2006-11-19, 7:25 AM #1
I got my Wii, and its updating now. More updates as I move along. The controller is SMALL and LIGHT, and AWESOME.
2006-11-19, 7:30 AM #2
I got my Wii, but I'm not opening it before Christmas.
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-11-19, 7:50 AM #3
What game(s) did you get?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-11-19, 8:18 AM #4
I have Red Steel and Zelda. I tried Wii Sports already, and despite the look, it is NOT easy. At least for someone who's never played sports alot :p
2006-11-19, 8:35 AM #5
I have Wii Sports, Zelda, Rayman, and Call of Duty 3. They are all awesome. I've been playing Wii Sports with my parents and my brother/friends. The Wii is amazing. I bought one, my friend bought one and another friend bought me another controller for my birthday. We're having a blast. The controls in CoD3 are amazing. FPS on the Wii is great. I hear that CoD3 controls much better than Red Steel so I'm glad I bought it. Rayman is a GREAT compilation of mini games. Oh man. I'll post updates later.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-11-19, 9:23 AM #6
For anyone else with the Wii, are the Forecast and News channels working for you yet? They tell me that it needs a system update, but its up to date already.

Zelda is as awesome as I thought it'd be...

Internet Browser isn't available yet, unfortunately .(
2006-11-19, 9:50 AM #7
ooooh if the awesome reviews continue until after christmas I might save up for one :)
2006-11-19, 9:53 AM #8
No one has any, and no one knows anything about the second shipment.
2006-11-19, 10:25 AM #9
I'm a bit ticked. I wasn't going to get one, because the new Zelda is also on the gamecube, and nintendo had originally announced that they would ship the exact same disc for both systems. Now, the gamecube version has been delayed, which means it's not the same as the wii version, and all the reviews also say that the gamecube version sucks by comparison. So now I need a wii so I can play the new zelda, except, I didn't pre-order one and now no one has any!

**** me.

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-19, 10:45 AM #10
I got my Wii last night at 12:45 AM. Played Wii Sports forever, and it kicks ***. Just started playing Zelda today.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-11-19, 10:54 AM #11
Originally posted by Isuwen:
I'm a bit ticked. I wasn't going to get one, because the new Zelda is also on the gamecube, and nintendo had originally announced that they would ship the exact same disc for both systems. Now, the gamecube version has been delayed, which means it's not the same as the wii version, and all the reviews also say that the gamecube version sucks by comparison. So now I need a wii so I can play the new zelda, except, I didn't pre-order one and now no one has any!

**** me.

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Same here. I mean really, wtf? Us people who stuck with the Gamecube version better be getting SOMETHING...
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-11-19, 11:14 AM #12
I have one in hand with Zelda. But I have two hours of homework left. So I've opened it up and have it within view of the computer as motivation. Soon my precious, soon.
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too
2006-11-19, 11:27 AM #13
I wanted one but decided to hold off and see what Christmas brings.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2006-11-19, 11:28 AM #14
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]For anyone else with the Wii, are the Forecast and News channels working for you yet? They tell me that it needs a system update, but its up to date already.[/QUOTE]According to IGN, they're being delayed until sometime in December. And as for the next shipment, my guess would be mid December, after it's launched everywhere else, just in time for Christmas.
2006-11-19, 11:36 AM #15
I have a Why. It's updating now. Text entry with the wiimote :psyduck:

Edit: Either this is an enormous download or their servers are getting raped
2006-11-19, 11:50 AM #16
Or both
2006-11-19, 11:54 AM #17
I stopped by Target this morning, they had 60 but I was the 62nd person there. Nobody else has one. Both walmarts in the area only had like 5. Weird. Hopefully another shipment will be in soon.
2006-11-19, 12:07 PM #18
Did finity5 get one? I'll feel bad if I suggested he wait and they sold out.
2006-11-19, 12:33 PM #19
my boyfriends brother got one, and thay were up till 4 am playing it. his brother got Wii Sports and Red Steel, of witch i've only played Wii sports. Wii sports seems to be more of teaching the players how to use the controllers than anything, but it has some fun little features. we need a 2nd remote.

a game system that gets people off there rears? priceless.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2006-11-19, 12:42 PM #20
Toys R Us...

We got 205.

I got mine, and it's awesome. :)

I just hate the wiimote speaker. :(

But I love that I can pause ANY game at ANY time.
2006-11-19, 12:43 PM #21
TRU was already sold out. :(
2006-11-19, 12:48 PM #22
I'll try and find out when the next shipment is.

Our store was one of 15 TRU's to open at midnight nationwide. We had 205 units total- 30 were presold and we sold 170 that night. 5 were held by management for anyone working who wanted to buy one. We were given the go ahead by the district VP to hand out 200 rainchecks (and we never give rainchecks), so I'm assuming we'll get a bunch more soon.
2006-11-19, 12:51 PM #23
I'm going to call at around 5pm and ask if they know when they'll get more again.

TRU seems to be the best place for wiiness.
2006-11-19, 12:58 PM #24
I went to two Wal-Marts, two Targets, a Gamestop, Best Buy, Toys R Us, and a K-Mart all roughly at the time they opened and... they were all sold out.

Luckily I was punched in at work, and driving a company car so all the trips didn't cost me anything... but it still sucks. .(
2006-11-19, 1:23 PM #25
Yeah, I'm kind of glad I didn't try to pick one up. I went by Hastings last night to look for some DVD's (finally found a copy of Soylent Green), and they said they were getting a whopping three consoles. Which were being handed out through a lottery. I didn't even bother checking Gamestop or Wal-Mart, because I figured the majority would already be pre-ordered, and I didn't feel like wasting my time standing in a freaking line at eight/nine in the morning.
2006-11-19, 1:35 PM #26
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]Toys R Us...

We got 205.

I got mine, and it's awesome. :)

I just hate the wiimote speaker. :(

But I love that I can pause ANY game at ANY time.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and also there's this neat "suspend" feature for virtual console games. Basically, you can quit out of them and resume from that point anytime later.

Also, if the wiimote speaker bothers you, you can turn it down/off. Just hit the home key, click on the controller at the bottom, and change the volume up or down.
2006-11-19, 1:37 PM #27
I heard lots of stores getting their second shipment by Wednesday (For Black Friday). Should be soon people!

I got mine and every accessory I wanted! I love Zelda!

Here is what I got (had to goto Target at 5:00 am, but worth it cause they did sell out)

[http://students.kennesaw.edu/~jhinds/Wii2.jpg]
2006-11-19, 1:39 PM #28
You do realize you can buy the Wii points via the console, which is insanely easier and faster overall :p

But regardless, it's pretty nice. And the virtual console works like a dream. BETTER than a dream, really.
2006-11-19, 1:44 PM #29
Originally posted by Isuwen:

Trust me when I say this, other than the fact that the Wii version is mirrored (and thus Link is a right handed guy in a world of lefties) and the added Wiimote controls the two versions are identical. And the Gamecube version is delayed by all of a week. I don't think that's enough time to let any features at all be included. If anything it's been delayed by a week to let some more impatient minds buckle under the stress and pick up a Wii for Twilight Princess anyway.
Seishun da!
2006-11-19, 3:05 PM #30
We should trade Wii Numbers/Friend Codes guys.
2006-11-19, 3:29 PM #31
I bought Red Steel and Zelda, but no Wii hahah

Guess I'll have to wait for next week for the next shipment ..
一个大西瓜
2006-11-19, 3:40 PM #32
I wish there was a way to register console names or something rather than numbers... it's like a freakin 12 digit number for consoles. Oh well.
2006-11-19, 3:47 PM #33
I just played a bit o' WiiSports today on someone else's, it rocks!!!
2006-11-19, 3:48 PM #34
Just got Rayman Raving Rabbids. Awesome game!
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-11-19, 3:55 PM #35
What do you mean the Wii is 'updating?' good god, don't tell me it needs to patch itself...
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-11-19, 4:10 PM #36
In order to enable SD card save/write etc. you have to connect to the internet and install it first
一个大西瓜
2006-11-19, 4:12 PM #37
Originally posted by Freelancer:
What do you mean the Wii is 'updating?' good god, don't tell me it needs to patch itself...

Yes, it updates. It does this cause unlike earlier consoles which were strictly hardware, the Wii also has software (a basic operating system). Even if the updates don't come often, it is good that the capability is there, so in case they want to fix a bug, or add new features (like enabling Forecast and News channel on Dec 20th), then it can be done without shipping the thing back to Nintendo, or having some modification or disk.
2006-11-19, 4:18 PM #38
Originally posted by Pommy:
In order to enable SD card save/write etc. you have to connect to the internet and install it first

...So you can't save anything unless you're able to connect it to the internet?

...****.
nope.
2006-11-19, 4:22 PM #39
...apparently. I don't know for sure because I don't have one yet.

edit: wait, no, I'm wrong. But the Wikipedia article is confusing:

Quote:
Two USB ports (at the rear) and one SD card slot (behind a flap cover at the front of the console) are provided. A software update first needs to be downloaded from Nintendo to enable save/write functionality for SD cards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Hardware
一个大西瓜
2006-11-19, 4:30 PM #40
Originally posted by Pommy:

That has to be the most ****ing retarded thing i have ever heard.

Nintendo doesn't realise not everyone has the internet??
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless

↑ Up to the top!