Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your...
Post your...
2004-07-07, 4:11 PM #1
favorite video game weapons, and why they have a special place in your heart! Here are mine in no particular order.

1 The DF Concussion Rifle. I still remember my reaction when I first used it. Holy ****! That was awesome!

2 The Redeemer. So many memories. So many monster kills...

3 The Concrete Donkey from Worms. Such beautiful chaos and suffering... I love it!

------------------
Video games are a conduit for the soul. They expand our lives, channel our imagination, test our skillz. Games exist as a channel for the boundless energy of people all over the world. -Largo
2004-07-07, 4:14 PM #2
no

------------------
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.- Bill Cosby
2004-07-07, 4:19 PM #3
The double-barreled shotgun from Doom II.

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-07-07, 4:20 PM #4
3) the two weapons from half life that both consumed the same ammo.... one had a blue solid beam and the other had a yellow beam which left dirty yellow stains on peoples wounds..... <3.

2) BFG/Rail Gun/Hyper Blaser from Q2..... just three weapons I fell in love with.

1) Redeemer.... you can pilot it, the explosion is bigger than organised religion and it looks badass! why choose anything else?

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-07, 4:22 PM #5
1)BFG from Final Doom.

2)Rail Gun from Q3

3)AK47 from CS.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-07, 4:25 PM #6
The Sniper rifle from Halo. I love it because people hate me for using it. I am surgical with it. Same goes with the rocket launcher for that matter. I have some sort of 6th sense that helps me be able to tell exactly where a vehicle is going when playing halo. I hit ghosts all the time at about 100 yards away with the rocket launcher all the time. It's really strange. I can't explain it. Does anyone else do this too?

------------------
I resent that.
>>untie shoes
2004-07-07, 4:26 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
3)AK47 from CS.[/B]</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-07, 4:28 PM #8
Beserk Fists from DooM - Something about splattering an Imp in one hit just makes me wet.

BFG from DooM / DooM II - You could clear a screen of the b*$&ards with it at once, and when I first shot it, all I could say was "woah!"

Double Barrelled Shotgun from DooM II - It had TWO barrels, and killed things TWICE as dead. <3

Rail Detonator from JK - Stick, kaboom (a runner up for this prize is sticky bombs in Shadow Warrior)

Nuke Blaster from Shadow Warrior - T minus... rabbits? WTH! *giant explosion* Good times.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-07-07, 4:29 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bill:
The Sniper rifle from Halo.</font>

I hate that rifle with a passion. I find it impossible to hit a moving target with it. I don't know if it is just me, but I never have any luck with that thing.

------------------
ZGPC
2004-07-07, 4:31 PM #10
1) The cannon from Serious Sam. I mean . .. comeon, its a freakin' cannon!

2) The Redeemer. I wasted many long hours playing UT with the Strangelove mod...

3) The DF conc rifle... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-07-07, 4:32 PM #11
angry kitty proximity mine from nolf2 just the name says it all

many weapons from armed and dangerous

Mine rom Quake 2 Mission Pack 1: The Reckoning ... sucks enemies in and turns them into health pickups

and now for my favorite turok weapons
Cerebral Bore a classic
Dark Matter Cube... you can suck enemies into it using one of the modes

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-07, 4:34 PM #12
Forgot one.

Proximity Mines in Goldeneye.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-07, 4:38 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill:

I hate that rifle with a passion. I find it impossible to hit a moving target with it. I don't know if it is just me, but I never have any luck with that thing.

[/B]

Really? Wow. What I do is just keep a constant strafe going in alternating directions and I shoot at them while moving. Even if they're moving I still usually hit them. It's strange. I just picked up on Halo really quickly. My friend had a big halo lan party a week ago. We had 15 people that were mostly all good halo players. Veterans. I took first place in the tournament. I had not played in 2 months. I don't know what it is about that game. I must just have the touch for it.

------------------
I resent that.
>>untie shoes
2004-07-07, 4:51 PM #14
There's a sweet spell in Master of Magic called Call the Void, it allows you to basically detonate a nuclear type explosion over an entry city, with a very large chance of killing a high percentage of residents and military units and buildings stationed there.

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-07-07, 5:14 PM #15
1: BFG on DooMII multiplayer. Nothing says I love you more than popping about 31 human players all circling each other in one blow.

2: Power surge + Repeater in a magsealed room. I dunno, just fun killing everything inside, including you, except the person you're trying to kill.

3: that zappy thingie from the earthsiege game.

4: FUNKY BOMB (scorched earth)

5: Baseball bat (worms)

6: Prod (also worms)

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-07-07, 5:33 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Glyde Bane:

3: that zappy thingie from the earthsiege game.

</font>

ELF i can't remember what ELF stands for...

but back to a few more of my favorites

Requiem Avenging Angel:
To Salt instantly kills non-boss enemies by turning them into salt
Armageddon big explosion
Ressurect does exactly that... can be used on friendly and enemy AI... though for some reason sometime when you ressurect a friendly it will attack you
Posess does what name implies... great when used with ressurect...

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-07, 5:44 PM #17
The banana from NOLF2. Nuff said.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-07-07, 5:48 PM #18
In no particular order...

1. AWP from Counter-Strike
2. Lightsaber from JK and KOTOR
3. Shotgun from DooM [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
4. Dragon's Tooth Sword from Deus Ex
5. Holy Avenger (various fantasy games)
6. Magic Missles/Isaac's Greater Missile Storm

I could list so many more... They're just soo good [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2004-07-07, 5:53 PM #19
Worms: Holy Hand Grenade

Medal of Honour, Allied Assault: M1 Garand

Rainbow 6: Barrett M82A1 sniper rifle

GoldenEye: DD4 Dostovie

UT2k4: Redeemer, and does the Manta count?

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-07, 5:57 PM #20
Blue lightsabre in Jedi Knight multiplayer.

Ultima Weapon (Cloud) in Final Fantasy VII.

That gun in CS where you go B-4-3 to buy when you are CT.

I don't know...
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-07-07, 6:01 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by finity5:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill:

[/B]

I'm a total klutz with it on XBox, any shot I make is a gaurenteed miss. But on PC, I'm damned good.

In JK, my fav has to be the Rail Dets.
JO would have to be the Reapeater of ST Rifle.
UT2k4 is hard... The Flak Cannon is a favorite, as well as the Link Gun, and the Minigun, and the Redeemer is GOD.
MoH:AA would be the MP-40 or the Garand
Halo is a tough one too... I'd have to say I can be pretty dangerous with the Shotgun and the Rocket Launcher. Oh, and don't mess with me when I'm in the tank. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
Then there is good ole Marathon, which I bet almost none of you have ever played. I love that old game, and I'm a GOD with the Dual Shotguns and the Zeus Fusion Pistol.

That's about all the games I play on a somewhat regular basis.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-07-07, 6:05 PM #22
Marathon? You mean Halo 0? Oop I mean...

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-07-07, 6:17 PM #23
O_o

Marathon is a godly game. If you don't believe me you need to try it. It is seriously awesome.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-07-07, 6:42 PM #24
1. Railgun from Q2/Q3a: This inspired me to pitch a tent and make smores.
2. Spinfuser from the Tribes series: Very creative weapon, mid-air shots are the mark of a true warrior.
3. Crossbow from Half-Life: Why not? It's a crossbow!
4. Shock Rifle from the UT series: Excellent weapon for sharpshooters, and especially dangerous with it's powerful shock combo.
5. M1 Garand from both BF1942 and CoD (hey those are video games, it counts!): It sounds so sexy.

------------------
Note: The Signature feature is currently enabled by this bulletin board's administrator. You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Alias (edited July 07, 2004).]
"I'm praying for mayhem, I'm praying for tidal waves, I wanna see the ground give way, I wanna watch it all go down..."
2004-07-07, 6:50 PM #25
Any enemy I happen to stumble upon in Wild Nine (PlayStation). I also liked the throwing gloves for Bowser in Mario RPG, but my two favorites are easily the Master Sword (the real one, not the wooden crap) and the Mighty Megaton Hammer from the Legend of Zelda series.

And you aren't the only one with the Halo sniper rifle problem, finity5. It took me a long while to get accustomed to it. The problem I had was that it's instantaneous. I was used to leading off and adjusting for distance for more realistic games (namely Operation Flashpoint), so it was difficult to get used to aiming at where the target is, instead of where it will be.

------------------
Empty.

[This message has been edited by Hellequin (edited July 07, 2004).]
2004-07-07, 6:57 PM #26
Enhanced Shock Rifle with Scope in UT2k4 on CTF-FaceClassic against 32 novice bots.

'nuff said

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-07-07, 7:03 PM #27
The P.B.C. from Independence War (Particle Beam Cannon for those whose lives are still devoid of meaning as they have not played I-war):
Why? Well lets see, wide firing arc, forward and rear mountings, the extremely useful external tracking mode from the weapons station, ther incredible damage caused by a direct hit, rapid fire mode, and the fact that I FOUGHT AN ENTIRE FRIGGN WAR WITH IT, TWICE!

Seriously though, I have probably fired more rounds from a PBC that any other in game weapon.

Other notable weapons include:
Rope and Water arrows from Thief I & II.
The Dart Launcher with Tranq darts from Deus Ex.
The Bowcaster from the original JK (I am probably the only one in the world who liked it).
And of course, the blackjack from Thief I & II.

------------------
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”

[This message has been edited by West Wind (edited July 07, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by West Wind (edited July 07, 2004).]
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2004-07-07, 7:48 PM #28
redeemer, especialy while using the dr. strangelove mod.

------------------
Those silly bullets have minds of their own!
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)--@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-07-07, 10:49 PM #29
Um, the lightsaber?!!

BTW, Glyde Bane, is your signature from Soul of the Fire?

------------------
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
tristan is the best friend of the jedi

"I am the signature virus! Copy me into your signature so that I can take over the world! Moohahahee!"
2004-07-07, 11:42 PM #30
Lesse...

Overall fav. FPS weapon - double-barrel shotgun
It's a must-have for any would-be FPS hero [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Super Mario Bros. 3 - hammer bros. suit
Chuck hammers and defeat ghosts and Thwomps, duck to be invulnerable to fire attacks... no wait, I change this vote.

Super Mario Bros. 3 - KURIBO'S SHOE!
Go Mario Go! Stomp all the bad guys!

Super Mario World - Super Cape
So versitile, and unlike a certain flying hat in Super Mario 64, has no time limit and you can fly up on your own accord [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Goldeneye 007 - DD4 Dostovie
Going with Spork on this one. It's got power, speed, and a descent clip.

Perfect Dark - Slayer
Three words. Fly-by-wire. And with smart slow-mo on, whee!

Conker's Bad Fur Day - ....
Let's just say drinking a lot of beer can have some benefits...

MarioKart: Doube Dash - Bowser Shell
It plows. Plooooooowwwww!

Worms - Explosive Sheep
It bleets all the way to your doom [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Aliens vs. Predator - Alien
It is[/i] its own weapon.

Half-Life - Snarks
While there might have been more USEFUL weapons, nothing brought so much joy as a swarm of snarks chomping on some unsuspecting marines below [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] Trip=mines came close as well.

HL: Opposing Force - Desert Eagle
Like the DD4, except with a laser sight.

Team Fortress Classic - EMP grenades
As an Engineer, I had fun charging the front and wiping out soldiers, HW guys and turrent guns with these grenades [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

and of course...

Jedi Knight series - single-blade lightsaber
Yay [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Well, and Force Heal...

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Scions of Light
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-07-08, 2:08 AM #31
There's nothing more satisfying than the *boom-clack* of the double barreled shotgun froom Doom 2.

------------------
This post was proudly brought to you by KegZ™ - Now with 38% more Spam
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-07-08, 2:21 AM #32
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gebohq:
MarioKart: Doube Dash - Bowser Shell
It plows. Plooooooowwwww![/B]</font>

Haha, forgot about that one! Nothing quite like releasing a few Bowser shells along the straights on Baby Park or Luigi Circuit.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-08, 2:46 AM #33

DOOM's Combat Shotgun - BLAM! Chk-chk. Need I say more?
DOOM's Big F****** Gun 9k - Hello, Mr. Cyberdemon. WHOOM.
Dark Forces' Mortar Gun - Hehe! Watch those sprites learn the meaning of Z-axis!
UT2004's Shock Rifle - Aside from looking uber, it's deadly accurate.
Worms 2's Holy Hand 'Nade - Monty Python, oh my!
Fallout's .233 Pistol - Accurate as hell, with stopping power to match.

------------------
Wise men say that fools rush in where angels fear to tread, so look before you leap, so to speak, because the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-07-08, 2:50 AM #34
Well, Let's have a look...

1. The GOLEM NUKE for JK! Ah yes. I like Nuked Foe. I believe some of you have seen my affection for it...

2. JA, duel sabers. Lots of fun.

3. The Redeemer, Unreal Tournament... Lovely.... The fact you can steer it, and makes one heck of a punch.

I think that's it for now.

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-07-08, 2:55 AM #35
The original shock rifle! No weapon in any game looks, feels or sounds cooler!

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-08, 2:57 AM #36
Frostweaver +3 Battle Axe -- Baldurs Gate: Shadows of Amn

------------------
"Whats your name"
Cody
"No, whats your real name"
Arkon............
Proud member of the Co-op
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2004-07-08, 3:29 AM #37
prolly The Bolder Trap for dungeon keeper 1
oh The Pain

------------------
stop talking in brail

300 years as jedi master i was, now i bloody night-lite

(:-) Monobrow
2004-07-08, 4:14 AM #38
Nuclear Bomb - Shadow Warrior: STAND BY. THREE. TWO. ONE. ALL SYSTEMS READY. *boom* Simple, but effective.

Sticky Bombs - Shadow Warrior: STICKY BOMB LIKE YOU! STICKY BOMB MESSES UP WITH A STUPID! Good times...

Devastator Weapon - Duke Nukem 3D: If Duke Nukem Forever is ever going to be released [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] I want to see updated version of this beauty.

BFG - Doom/II/Final: BOOM! Simple as that.

There's probably more, but at the moment I don't remember them [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] Maybe lightsaber... nah, not.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-08, 4:50 AM #39
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Connection Problem:

1. AWP from Counter-Strike
</font>

omq awpwhore die [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
What once was...
2004-07-08, 5:24 AM #40
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jagged Conscience:
Um, the lightsaber?!!

BTW, Glyde Bane, is your signature from Soul of the Fire?

</font>

Indeed it is [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
"Dalton, that pie just moved of it's own accord."

"You must be mistaken, Tess. A pie can't move."
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."

↑ Up to the top!