Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Kramer vs Black People
Kramer vs Black People
2006-11-20, 9:04 PM #1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UomfLKQr57U

:psyduck:

You know I never thought Seinfeld was that funny
2006-11-20, 9:29 PM #2
A washed-up actor/comedian going crazy on stage? Shocking!
2006-11-20, 10:31 PM #3
:(
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2006-11-20, 10:47 PM #4
Over the line, but the dude from the audience was a p***k.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-20, 10:54 PM #5
If he made fun of jews do you think it would have had the same effect?
My blawgh.
2006-11-20, 10:57 PM #6
And if he'd been Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle or Chris Tucker, it would have be hilarious.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-20, 11:10 PM #7
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
If he made fun of jews do you think it would have had the same effect?

The equivalent would have been making jokes about the Holocaust, so I think people would still react really strongly.

Originally posted by Avenger:
And if he'd been Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle or Chris Tucker, it would have be hilarious.
I don't think a black comedian would make jokes about lynching. Furthermore, the context of words can certainly change their connotations. Can't you see the difference between Chris Rock making a light-hearted joke about the word and a man screaming and pointing and making an insensitive remark about lynchings?
2006-11-20, 11:30 PM #8
Is there any more clips of what was leading up to this part of his joke or whatever? Cause from what I see it could be a joke about how the N word is can't be used, or how the whole joke started.
2006-11-21, 12:11 AM #9
That was extremely weird and stupid and sad.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-11-21, 12:15 AM #10
Originally posted by Wuss:
The equivalent would have been making jokes about the Holocaust, so I think people would still react really strongly.

I don't think a black comedian would make jokes about lynching. Furthermore, the context of words can certainly change their connotations. Can't you see the difference between Chris Rock making a light-hearted joke about the word and a man screaming and pointing and making an insensitive remark about lynchings?

Of course I can. I grew up in Oakland and have heard black folks drop the n-bomb on each other moer than I care to hear. I'm merely pointing out the double standard. A black comedian could have said "Shut up you dumb n***a" and everyone would have laughed about it. Then on top of it, the guy in the audience thinks its okay to be an ******* but as soon as someone calls him on it he gets all offended. That doesn't justify what Richards said or the way he handled it, but because the n-boms was dropped the jackass gets away with being a jackass.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-21, 12:40 AM #11
Kramer apologizes.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-11-21, 2:09 AM #12
From what I've heard, he was provoked by the guy in th audience shouting rude and disruptive remarks until he finally snapped back.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2006-11-21, 9:48 AM #13
Yeowch, but the guy in the audience really was being a prick.

Oh, and Seinfeld sucks.
nope.
2006-11-21, 9:53 AM #14
Yeah, I never quite got what the appeal of it was.
<Hawkeye> My Kidneys Were Expecting Orange Juice. Silly Kidneys.
2006-11-21, 3:50 PM #15
[QUOTE=Darth J]From what I've heard, he was provoked by the guy in th audience shouting rude and disruptive remarks until he finally snapped back.[/QUOTE]

The guy was heckling him.

Probably because he wasn't funny. :P
2006-11-21, 4:44 PM #16
the 'hang upside-down with a fork out your ***' was pretty funny
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-11-21, 4:57 PM #17
Well, Seinfeld the show was funny because of characters like Kramer, George, Newman and the intricate and conflicting stories. Jerry was never really that funny. Jerry Seinfeld in real life is pretty much not funny at all.

I also think it's important to have seen what led up to this incident. I agree that what he said is uncalled for, but we don't really know if he was provoked at all. I'm betting the media has sensationalized it quite a bit.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-11-21, 5:03 PM #18
Originally posted by Emon:
I also think it's important to have seen what led up to this incident. I agree that what he said is uncalled for, but we don't really know if he was provoked at all. I'm betting the media has sensationalized it quite a bit.

It's called heckling, and a professional comedian, especially one who's been around as long as he has, should be able to handle it without flipping out. :P
2006-11-21, 6:31 PM #19
The show "Seinfeld" is one of the funniest shows ever. Period. Kramer is one of the funniest characters ever. Period. Jerry Seinfeld is only slightly amusing. This entire "racist" tirade is strange yet amusing.
2006-11-21, 8:35 PM #20
What a career-ending performance!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-11-21, 11:17 PM #21
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
What a career-ending performance!
"Career-ending" implies that he had a career to begin with. Seriously, outside of Seinfield I've seen him in one movie, and that was freaking UHF. If anything, this is helping his career.
2006-11-21, 11:21 PM #22
Originally posted by Primate:
"Career-ending" implies that he had a career to begin with. Seriously, outside of Seinfield I've seen him in one movie, and that was freaking UHF. If anything, this is helping his career.

How can you forget "Airheads"????
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-11-21, 11:30 PM #23
Ok, but my point still stands. He's not exactly A-list talent.
2006-11-22, 1:02 AM #24
I thought this was going to be about a sequel to the movie Kramer vs. Kramer

But then again I thought Kramer vs. Kramer was going to be about Kramer fighting his fiendish extradimensional doppelganger

The reality of this video is even more bewildering and pathetic
2006-11-22, 9:29 AM #25
The owner of the place refunded everyone's money is what I heard.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.

↑ Up to the top!