Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mt. Si!
Mt. Si!
2006-11-21, 4:20 PM #1
Ok, so you might find this boring. But there is a little Finnish game company called Remedy. They are making a game called Alan Wake, as I am sure you all know. This game takes place in Bright Falls, Washington. The Remedy team came to the Pacific Northwest (my home) and took thousands of photos so they could accurately model the beautiful scenery. Well, I noticed the the main page of Alan Wake has a picture behind it. Not just any ordinary picture, but of one of my favorite mountains for a quick day hike. The mountain is Mt. Si. I live far away, so I can't see the mountain from my home without finding a place where the trees are in the way, so I don't see it all the time. But I recognized the silhouette of the mountain and decided to do some research. I've concluded that my hypothesis is correct! Here is a picture of Mount Si during the day, from just the right angle. Compare the two pictures!

It got me excited that I actually KNOW some of the scenery that they will be making the game with. It will add a new dimension to the game. Obviously it is a fictitious place, but it still makes it that much more interesting.

For more info, check out Bright Falls .
They have ALL the screen shots put together in one place, and the FAQ page gives you everything you want to know about the game.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-11-21, 4:39 PM #2
Woah, nice pics there. I'm guessing this game has to be good as they made Max Payne :).
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-11-21, 4:45 PM #3
Alan Wake looks like a sweet game.. but I can't see the comparison picture
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-11-21, 5:27 PM #4
You can't? If you want to see it, you can go to DeviantArt.com and search for Mt. Si. It will be the first thing on the list. The view from the top of that mountain is beautiful. Its the highest point west of Snoqualmie pass and the cascade mountains (which are just a short drive down I-90 from Mt. Si and North Bend (located directly under the cliff face of the mountain). You are able to see everything east to the Olympic Mountain Range, it seems. I hiked up it with some friends in the evening and caught the sunset. The photo from DeviatArt is a beautiful view of the mountain from below in the valley.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-11-21, 7:40 PM #5
Alan Wake looks like Tom Cruise. And I hate Tom Cruise.
幻術
2006-11-21, 8:43 PM #6
Originally posted by Koobie:
Alan Wake looks like Tom Cruise. And I hate Tom Cruise.

Oh come on. His nose isn't THAT big.
My blawgh.
2006-11-21, 9:29 PM #7
[http://intuitive-ds.com/personal/wake_cruise.jpg]
幻術
2006-11-21, 9:32 PM #8
FORBIDDEN
:(
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-11-22, 1:55 AM #9
I'm more concerned about the Finns taking photos. Be careful, it could be an invasion. :ninja:
2006-11-22, 5:54 AM #10
Originally posted by CavEmaN:
I'm more concerned about the Finns taking photos. Be careful, it could be an invasion. :ninja:

If taking photos automatically was a prelude to an invasion, we all would have been watching our news in Japanese for a long time...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS

↑ Up to the top!