Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A Battlestar Galactica is a buttplug
A Battlestar Galactica is a buttplug
2006-11-21, 4:25 PM #1
So you don't crap your pants watching this show.

Discuss the punching of Admiral Adamaness!
2006-11-21, 4:42 PM #2
What? :confused:
Pissed Off?
2006-11-21, 4:44 PM #3
I think he meant "requires" a buttplug... not "is" a buttplug.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-11-21, 4:45 PM #4
Yeah, I thought this would be confusing. I didn't see a thread for the last BSG Friday.

So I made this.

To talk about how Admiral Adama was attacked by Bulldog and had to resign
2006-11-21, 5:06 PM #5
Except that Rosalin didn't accept his resignation.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-21, 5:43 PM #6
True, but I was too lazy to make another spoiler tag for that.
2006-11-21, 7:03 PM #7
This entire episode seemed really disconnected. The only thing that happened here that effects the rest of the series is that the one-eyed alcoholic XO's back, apparently.

Also, I didn't find the entire Bulldog attacks Adama because the Cylons planned it all the way idea very plausible. It just seems that he'd be more likely to actually just talk to Adama rather than hitting him with a metal pipe across the forehead.

And then, the whole Adama whining like a schoolgirl theme is annoying. He's supposed to be an Admiral. I mean, his character's nice in that he has alot of humanity and compassion and all, but he's still military. Resign? And give the command to whom? His alcoholic XO? That's just dumb. Anyways, the worst episode I've seen yet. Not exactly terrible, but just not up to par with the other ones. Felt like filler. Because it probably was.
幻術
2006-11-21, 7:25 PM #8
In contrast to Koobie... I ****ing loved it. Backstory is always good, and that's just about what most of that was.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-11-21, 8:13 PM #9
Originally posted by Koobie:
Also, I didn't find the entire Bulldog attacks Adama because the Cylons planned it all the way idea very plausible. It just seems that he'd be more likely to actually just talk to Adama rather than hitting him with a metal pipe across the forehead.

And then, the whole Adama whining like a schoolgirl theme is annoying. He's supposed to be an Admiral. I mean, his character's nice in that he has alot of humanity and compassion and all, but he's still military. Resign? And give the command to whom? His alcoholic XO? That's just dumb. Anyways, the worst episode I've seen yet. Not exactly terrible, but just not up to par with the other ones. Felt like filler. Because it probably was.

Give yourself 3 or 4 years, locked in a cell with nothing to do but think about what happened and tell me that it's not plausible that the guy wouldn't go off the deep end. The Cylons never would have let him go if they didn't think he was capable of or in a state of mind to do what he did.

Also, Adama's resigned because he felt guilty in a moment of weakness after being beaten over the head with a pipe. It happens to strongest person. Hell, Adama thought that his actions during that mission led directly to the situation they were currently in, which includes the the current war and billions of people dead.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-21, 8:25 PM #10
I thought the whole idea that Bulldog was still alive after all this time pretty unbelievable.

On a different note, nobody has mentioned the two skinjobs in bed with Baltaar yet...

*runs away*
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-11-21, 8:32 PM #11
I probably would have liked it a lot more if they didn't give away the whole episode by showing Bulldog attacking Adama during the drumbeat. :rolleyes:

What happened to Athena? Is she okay? (I missed last week)
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-11-21, 8:52 PM #12
The Cylon virus didn't affect her because she had a half-human kid and antibodies and mumble-mumble-mutter-mutter something! I don't remember the exact excuse they gave...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-11-21, 8:57 PM #13
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
On a different note, nobody has mentioned the two skinjobs in bed with Baltaar yet...*

I'm pretty sure that he was only with Number Three, at least physically. The Number Six in bed with him is apparently the one he loves and keeps seeing in his head. Talking about which, I think the last episode's torture scene was asbolutely awesome.
幻術
2006-11-21, 9:48 PM #14
Originally posted by Tracer:
I probably would have liked it a lot more if they didn't give away the whole episode by showing Bulldog attacking Adama during the drumbeat. :rolleyes:

What happened to Athena? Is she okay? (I missed last week)

dude... they showed that... or at least part of that... in the teaser for the season after the first episode. Dunno about everyone else, but that made it apparent to me that he was gonna get beaten up at some point. Didn't make it any less dramatic though.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2006-11-21, 9:57 PM #15
The real logic problem.

Bulldog Found Galactica how?

Because the Cylons programmed his raider there, and/or because he found it on accident.

So that means the cylons knew where Adama was and tried to kill him.

they KNEW where the fleet was.

Why no all out assault?

Why this sad attempt when you can blow the fleet to hell, the plan all along.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-11-21, 10:57 PM #16
This episode seemed like filler content, unless Bulldog fulfills some key event in the future episodes this season. It was a decent episode, but in comparison to the other episodes, it seemed like filler fluff.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-11-21, 11:00 PM #17
Except that it plants the seed that the humans may have brought the war on themselves. That's a pretty big deal.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-21, 11:05 PM #18
I liked it overall
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-11-22, 4:28 PM #19
Originally posted by Veger:
The real logic problem.

Bulldog Found Galactica how?

Because the Cylons programmed his raider there, and/or because he found it on accident.

So that means the cylons knew where Adama was and tried to kill him.

they KNEW where the fleet was.

Why no all out assault?

Why this sad attempt when you can blow the fleet to hell, the plan all along.

Because when 16 Baseships all jump in at the same time, the fleet is just going to jump away, and your chance is lost.
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!