Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → UT2k4 Bot Help
UT2k4 Bot Help
2006-11-22, 4:44 PM #1
I'd toss this in the editing forum, only, you know, it's all JK only and stuff.

Alright, I'm making a level in Unreal Ed, which I'm then going to shoot part of a movie in. Straightforward enough so far. The part of the movie I'm actually shooting, involves a group of Hellbenders charging across some terrain. I have all of that. I want bots to drive those Hellbenders. This is the problem.

I have the nodes, and they're forcing the bots to go only one direction, but I've only ever seen them jump in the vehicle ONCE. And yes, I've noclipped out of the level so they can't see me. The Hellbender is sitting RIGHT NEXT to my single PlayerStart

That's problem 1. Getting the bots to jump into the Hellbender and take off.

Problem 2 is that all of my pathnodes are acting like spawn points. I cannot for the life of me figure out why. As you can imagine, that's rather irritating if I'm going to be putting 5 or 6 bots in the level, all going on direction, and none of them start where I want them to.

So here's a simpler version...

I have a single bot path going one direction from one side of the level to the other.
Bots need to jump into a Hellbender before they leave. They aren't doing this.
Bots need to start at my single playerstart. They aren't doing this. They're spawning at every single pathnode, so am I.

Those are basically the two things I need resolved, and it's been driving me insane for the last 2 hours looking for a solution. Failing all else, I'll just grab real humans and film that, but it'd improve the grade if I could have bots doing it.

Oh, and answers soon = GOOD. This is kinda for my final project and stuff, which is due in about a week and a half.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-11-22, 5:13 PM #2
I've never seen a bot drive a Hellbender in normal play either. Maybe they don't like them; have you tried a different vehicle?
Stuff
2006-11-22, 5:34 PM #3
Why dont you just have real people do it?

o.0
2006-11-22, 5:44 PM #4
Originally posted by kyle90:
I've never seen a bot drive a Hellbender in normal play either. Maybe they don't like them; have you tried a different vehicle?

The level has been told it's an onslaught map, but it doesn't have any of the objectives. They drive them in onslaught matches, so it'd seem reasonable that they'd drive them in my map. Unless the lack of objectives as an incentive has something to do with it.

Originally posted by Greenboy:
Why dont you just have real people do it?

Because this is the final project for my Game Design class. It'd help my grade a bit if I had functioning bots. I'm using them again later on for a battle scene, and I know I can make them do that, it's just making them drive the damn car.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!