Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Amazon site failureeeeee
Amazon site failureeeeee
2006-11-23, 11:04 AM #1
Trying to get that xbox 360 .... amazon's site is failing :-(
2006-11-23, 11:11 AM #2
****IN ****! yeah, didn't get one.
2006-11-23, 11:13 AM #3
Shocking that the site crashed when they are offering Xbox 360s for $100.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-23, 11:15 AM #4
i think they didn't sell a single one at that price... considering the link they provided when it would load didn't even have the "get this deal" button or any mention of the xbox 360
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-11-23, 11:20 AM #5
aww, sold out
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-11-23, 12:03 PM #6
Regardless of if they sold em or not, I like how they pulled a Sony. A thousand units for a few million people. Way to go. It's not like they'd LOOSE any signifigant sum of money by providing more.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-11-23, 12:26 PM #7
Especially considering the astronomical cost that that DOS attack must have cost them.
2006-11-23, 1:01 PM #8
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i think they didn't sell a single one at that price... considering the link they provided when it would load didn't even have the "get this deal" button or any mention of the xbox 360

It was on their front page yesterday.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-23, 1:24 PM #9
you obviously didn't catch the details... they were to be sold starting at 11am PST TODAY and the link they provided in the email they sent failed to provide any option to get the special price (when it would load)
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-11-23, 1:26 PM #10
I love the fact that their system for filing a problem with their orders doesn't work, and all buttons that say "Click Here to Contact Us" lead back to their main page!

HOORAY, AMAZON! :downs:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-11-23, 5:18 PM #11
Many of you seem to be missing the fact that this is simply a marketing strategy. Why would they sell more than 1000 units at that price when they know that millions of people will flock to their website? It is an ingenious idea that they will continue to utilize, it is just unfortunate that they weren't able to handle this one well.
2006-11-23, 6:20 PM #12
Originally posted by MentatMM:
Many of you seem to be missing the fact that this is simply a marketing strategy. Why would they sell more than 1000 units at that price when they know that millions of people will flock to their website? It is an ingenious idea that they will continue to utilize, it is just unfortunate that they weren't able to handle this one well.

But what percentage of those people actually stuck around after getting pissed off to look around the site and purchase something else? Furthermore what percentage have decided that Amazon completely isn't worth their time just because they couldn't get to the site?

Yeah, it got them hits, but I'd think that if you want to gain more customers you'd do better to actually HAVE some decent sized supply on hand and give new customers a good expirence that'll encourage them to return.

Of course, I'm not a massive buisness like Amazon. So what the hell do I know?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!