Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → NeS - The Audio Edition!
NeS - The Audio Edition!
2006-11-25, 5:54 PM #1
Right, me and Geb were talking to each other and we'd like to get a more complete list of everyone and anyone that would be interested in help the project in any way possible. [Voice acting, maybe a possible website, sound effects, music etc.]

If you're interested, vote accordingly in the poll, then post in the thread what you're interested in doing. Please post/repost any samples of material you may have, but that's not overly important. :P

Anywho, who's up for a story?
nope.
2006-11-25, 5:55 PM #2
I'd also be down for music.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-11-25, 6:19 PM #3
Voices? S'about all I'm able to do, unless suddenly the NeS becomes set in Ivalice. Or something.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-11-25, 6:24 PM #4
My sister has been bothering me to do voices for NeS, but I haven't had time to really try any, but I think it would be fun.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-11-25, 6:27 PM #5
JUST SKIP THIS POST UNLESS YOU'RE INTERESTED IN LISTENING TO THE VOICE SAMPLES.[/b]

To see the script itself, click here.

I'm making this post as a sort of checklist of who's what and such. First off, the cast of characters, which for now will simply include a list of who's tried out for them. Later, it'll be whom we'd like for the parts and, eventually, who will be reading what parts:
  • The Narrator
    Gebohq, Krig the Viking, Ford, Noble Outlaw, CoolMatty, Dormouse
  • Krig the Viking
    Gebohq, Krig the Viking
  • The Mega_ZZTer
    Gebohq
  • The Last True Evil
    Gebohq, Krig the Viking, Tony, Dormouse
  • Kirby
    Gebohq, Kirby, CoolMatty
  • Agent #1
    Gebohq, Krig, Tony
  • Agent #2
    Gebohq, Krig, Tony
  • Galvatron
    Gebohq, Krig
  • Gebohq
    Gebohq, Krig
  • Maybechild
    mollybee
  • Losien
    mollybee
  • CookedHaggis
    Gebohq, Baconfish
  • waiter
    Gebohq, Tony
  • manager
    Gebohq
  • Al of Al's Firearm Emporium
    Gebohq, Krig, Ford
  • Ares
    Gebohq, Ford
  • Sugar Dumpling (note: this will likely be a sound effect, not done by voice acting)
    Gebohq
  • British pedestrian
    Gebohq, Krig, Baconfish, Ford

Here's the people we've gotten so far to post voice samples so far and for what (from most recent to least recent):

The people who've expressed interest in helping out at all (from most recent to least) but haven't made said contribution yet:
  • TimeWolfofthePast:
    possible voice work
  • Tracer:
    music
  • sugarless5:
    possible voice work
  • The Last True Evil:
    possible voice work?
  • Michael McLongname:
    possibly editing script

People who've helped so far:
  • Tracer:
    Organizing project, main editor of script
  • Baconfish:
    Organizing project
  • Ford:
    Editing script
  • Sarn_Cadrill:
  • Editing script

I'll be updating this list as people continue to contribute and stuff.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-11-25, 6:46 PM #6
As for voice acting, my only votes that I feel certain about is that Krig should do the Narrator if possible.

I hope that both Krig and SAJN_Master will be able to contibute as much as possible. Don't get me wrong -- I hope EVERYONE can help! I just think we can all agree that these two guys have some serious talent with voice work. Like "why the hell aren't they getting paid for this?" type quality. Crap -- I mean -- why SHOULD they get paid? They suck... (shhhhh! I don't want them to catch on!)
2006-11-25, 10:07 PM #7
Added s'more that SAJN just did.

If nothing else, please listen through the voice samples and tell us which ones you like the most for which characters. That'll help TREMENDOUSLY!
2006-11-25, 10:33 PM #8
I don't know - I was thinking that this should be between me, you and Baconfish (do you want to do it that way?). I'll PM you in a few minutes, Geb (this thread is killing my computer).
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-11-25, 11:24 PM #9
Just for clarification, the FINAL decision will be made by myself, Tracer and Baconfish -- getting opinions from the rest of you all though will be a means of gauging something of an objective concensus for us though. It's also to get you all to participate somehow in all this... :P Knowing this place, a lot of people probably won't even bother clicking the thread because it has "NeS" in the title... *sigh* oh well.
2006-11-25, 11:34 PM #10
I'm a better listener than a teller.

That and I don't have a mic.

I voted yes anyways!
2006-11-26, 4:25 AM #11
And don't forget, retakes are always available, or something.

I ought to write for the story proper again, tho'.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-11-26, 10:52 AM #12
:eek: We need SAJN. Those voice are great!
nope.
2006-11-26, 11:21 AM #13
you know i'm willing to help. voice acting is about all i'm good for, but hey whatever. if you think of something else for me to do, i'm willing.

gebs linked to the things he and i have uploaded. blah blah blah.

geb just doesnt know my talent yet cause i havent tried out for all that many :P
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-11-26, 2:02 PM #14
I've got hosting taken care of, but if someone wants to make a site, that'd be pwnage.
2006-11-28, 1:51 AM #15
So since sugarless is holdin' out on me from helpin' out, despite sending her my extra mic *cough*, I spammed my myspace and facebook and the like saying we needed the ladies auditioning. I've gotten some responses so far, so hopefully they'll record and send stuff that'll be good.

Also, I could certainly make a webpage that's like our current NeS radio page... ;)
2006-11-28, 2:54 AM #16
Quote:
I've gotten some responses so far

Random internet people?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-11-28, 8:16 AM #17
I'll try out once I get a mic. Until then, I'll keep bothering my brother to try out. :v:
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

↑ Up to the top!