Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Oh nooooo!!
Oh nooooo!!
2006-11-25, 8:31 PM #1
i uninstalled doom 3, a while ago.. and I re-installed it today to go back and pick up where I left off, and all my saved games are gone!!! I'm never gonna finish this damn game :(
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-11-25, 8:46 PM #2
...ok

Pssst! This is a forum.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-11-25, 8:57 PM #3
So what are we supposed to do? There is no point to this thread.
2006-11-25, 9:04 PM #4
I can't blame you for not knowing where you left off. It is hard to remember which metallic hallway you died in.

Oh no, generic Doom3 joke.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-11-25, 9:12 PM #5
I know the feeling. I just lost an hour's worth of progress in System Shock 2. And that's a slow game.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-11-25, 9:14 PM #6
I know the feeling. My main character just lost 10 levels due to a glitch. Had to forfeit his license, job, and voting rights. :(
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-11-25, 9:21 PM #7
a year or two ago i found a copy of FF3 SNES played it about halfway, dropped it, bam, save game lost :(
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-11-25, 9:41 PM #8
That happened to my pokemon red when I first got it, when it first came out.

And it wouldn't hold saves after that. So I took it apart, and taped a new battery to the inside of it.. AND IT WORKED.
2006-11-25, 9:43 PM #9
Originally posted by happydud:
I know the feeling. My main character just lost 10 levels due to a glitch. Had to forfeit his license, job, and voting rights. :(

That blows, how'd that happen?
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-11-25, 9:46 PM #10
Felony charges.
2006-11-25, 9:48 PM #11
I'd better stop making explosives, I like my license :o
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-11-25, 10:17 PM #12
Originally posted by Echoman:
I can't blame you for not knowing where you left off. It is hard to remember which plastic hallway you died in.

Fixed
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-11-25, 10:23 PM #13
I liked Doom 3... when it ran well. The level design in that game is totally awesome, though. Brilliant level designers.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-11-26, 10:07 AM #14
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
So what are we supposed to do? There is no point to this thread.

The thred was to inspire storys of times this has happened to different people for different reasons, and it looked like it worked.. besides, it's not like the massassi forums are BOOMING with awesomly sweet discussions or anything
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-11-26, 11:22 AM #15
Well, I played Chrono Trigger with my SNES emulator a lot. Then I had to format my HD after annoying troubles, and forgot to backup the savegame. Tough luck.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-11-26, 1:23 PM #16
I thought doom3 was totally lame anyway. It's like a neverending hallwaycrawl. I completely disagree with whoever said it had good level design, it's just crap.
2006-11-26, 1:57 PM #17
DOOM 3 was awful. DOOM 2 kicked some ***.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-11-26, 3:08 PM #18
Originally posted by Brian:
I thought doom3 was totally lame anyway. It's like a neverending hallwaycrawl. I completely disagree with whoever said it had good level design, it's just crap.

That was me, thanks.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-11-26, 3:33 PM #19
I enjoyed DooM 3 myself. Only good for one playthough, though.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-11-26, 4:01 PM #20
I'm working my way through it right now.

I shouldn't play in the dark. :(
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-11-26, 6:00 PM #21
The trick is, there isn't a trick.

You'll know when one of the freak out or attempt to scare you rooms is coming up if you've played enough survival horror.
2006-11-26, 6:13 PM #22
Originally posted by Rob:
The trick is, there isn't a trick.

You'll know when one of the freak out or attempt to scare you rooms is coming up if you've played enough survival horror.

The thing is, I didn't play it for the horror part. I played it because it was a generally enjoyable game. Not the best, but it was pretty fun.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-11-26, 6:20 PM #23
I thought the fighting parts were pretty lame too. :(

It was easy to evade almost everything.

Except for the pinky demons, which seemed to be designed to hurt you.
2006-11-26, 6:21 PM #24
i played it and enjoyed it because IT'S FREAKIN DOOM

doom never scared me... never expected doom 3 to... i just want to be like OMG ZOMBIES then make the zombies go OH [fecal matter]... BFG
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-11-26, 6:32 PM #25
I thought the weapons looked pretty cool. The only thing I didn't like about the game was that the outdoor areas were a little TOO chaotic at some points, and the lost souls looked stupid.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-11-26, 6:58 PM #26
Dont sweat it... once i beat it, i uninstalled it, and it hasnt left the box in my closet since.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2006-11-26, 7:51 PM #27
I never finished it. Too scary for my blood... I don't enjoy the survival horror genre. Ravenholm is bad enough for me.

2006-11-26, 7:54 PM #28
Howling Crack Zombies!
2006-11-28, 3:43 AM #29
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i played it and enjoyed it because IT'S FREAKIN DOOM

doom never scared me... never expected doom 3 to... i just want to be like OMG ZOMBIES then make the zombies go OH [fecal matter]... BFG

For the real old school Doom fealing it lacked the numbers of monsters. There just weren't enough.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-11-28, 3:59 AM #30
Originally posted by Brian:

The level design in itself was splendid. The problem is just that they stuck to one theme too closely, which got boring after a while.
2006-11-28, 9:45 AM #31
"Freak you out or attempt to scare you rooms."

Hahah, yeah. I'm still working through FEAR and it's the same thing. Although it could have something to do with the way I've reasoned the whole thing out thus far- I just assume Fettel is trying to scare me, so that just leaves ninja and increasingly more powerful robots to be afraid of. (Or whatever the hell those things are.) Oh, and if this assumption is wrong, don't any of you dare correct me.
2006-11-28, 10:26 AM #32
FEAR is actually pretty scarey, unlike Doom. But like doom the maps do start to get repetative.
2006-11-28, 10:46 AM #33
I'd rate it higher on the creepy scale, but it doesn't fare so well on the scary scale. I agree with the repetitiveness thing- but so far, they've done well with giving me a setting chage each time things start to get a bit tiresome.
2006-11-28, 11:17 AM #34
The level design in terms of aesthetics was nice, the level design in terms of layouts and flow of gameplay was not. It was like Brian said, a long hallwaycrawl. A decent game should balance between more open areas and more restricted. Between more well lit and dimmer areas as well.
2006-11-28, 11:23 AM #35
FEAR was entirely too obvious when the scary moments would happen, and they separated them from the action sequences, I knew when they would happen, and I'd just stare at the screen until the next firefight came up.
:master::master::master:
2006-11-28, 12:16 PM #36
I just beat FEAR on Sunday evening. Man that game was fun, but I feel that you spend too much time in the office building. I only got creeped out by the game if I was playing it late at night mostly, and I was more "Dubya Tee Eff?" whenever the memory sequences came about.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-11-28, 1:02 PM #37
I think lots of you are girly men!

I never saw why Doom 3 was considered scary. I played it at night in the dark like recommended, and I was not scared once. Most of those 'scary' moments were so predictable

However, if you have played Eternal Darkness for GC, the bathtub scene...now that made me jump...
2006-11-28, 1:10 PM #38
Eh, the bathtub scene was scary the first time I saw it.

On the Shining. (It's really not like it was a unique concept.)
2006-11-28, 1:53 PM #39
Originally posted by saberopus:
The level design in terms of aesthetics was nice, the level design in terms of layouts and flow of gameplay was not. It was like Brian said, a long hallwaycrawl. A decent game should balance between more open areas and more restricted. Between more well lit and dimmer areas as well.

Then they would all be the same and we wouldn't have Doom to pick on
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-11-28, 2:04 PM #40
I've had my saved games dissapear on Elite Force before for no apparent reason.

On a tangent, everytime I see this thread's subject title line, I keep thinking of Slippy from Starfox 64 going "Oh nooooooooo!!!"
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net

↑ Up to the top!