Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How Nintendo kept its promise...
How Nintendo kept its promise...
2006-11-26, 7:35 AM #1
Blog, lawl. http://blogs.ign.com/SAJN_Master

tl:dr, FTL :(
Think while it's still legal.
2006-11-26, 8:05 AM #2
I wasn't planning on getting a console in this generation, but I think I'll buy myself a wii after the holiday season.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-11-26, 8:07 AM #3
I like most of it and I agree, except where you say that $250 seems like mere pennies compared to $599. Are you interested in typos, or should we leave them be?
2006-11-26, 8:57 AM #4
Good post.

I feel really dumb now, though.. I was playing Wii Tenis, and it took me a good 5 minutes to figure it out. :(

Granted, I kept asking questions no one would answer, FISHSTICKZ AND SUGARLESS.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-11-26, 9:17 AM #5
You could've picked up the manual. o:
Seishun da!
2006-11-26, 9:29 AM #6
Too much Wii on this forum. We should just combine everything Wii into one mega thread.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-11-26, 9:34 AM #7
Originally posted by RingMaster481:
I like most of it and I agree, except where you say that $250 seems like mere pennies compared to $599. Are you interested in typos, or should we leave them be?

Typos would be good to point out if you could. Danke :)
Think while it's still legal.
2006-11-26, 9:55 AM #8
Originally posted by happydud:
Good post.

I feel really dumb now, though.. I was playing Wii Tenis, and it took me a good 5 minutes to figure it out. :(

I would have answered your questions, had I been there.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-11-26, 9:56 AM #9
Good post!
一个大西瓜
2006-11-26, 10:18 AM #10
Originally posted by Echoman:
Too much Wii on this forum. We should just combine everything Wii into one mega thread.

The wii cannot be contained to one thread.
2006-11-26, 11:17 AM #11
Thank you for somehow elevating my mood. :)

This actually makes me want to try a wii now. 2 weeks until release here I think.
nope.
2006-11-26, 11:42 AM #12
I still find it amazing that the best game for the system came packaged with it. Combine Wii Sports with a big screen tv and a wide open living room and you've got gold.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-26, 12:24 PM #13
Rayman is the best game for the system.
2006-11-26, 12:42 PM #14
Good piece, SAJN. Definitely satisfied the purpose of demonstrating that it is a system that unites people of varying experiences in gaming. The Wii is projected as an entertainment system, not just exclusively a game console.
2006-11-26, 12:45 PM #15
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Good piece, SAJN. Definitely satisfied the purpose of demonstrating that it is a system that unites people of varying experiences in gaming. The Wii is projected as an entertainment system, not just exclusively a game console.

Eh? Other than games, what can it do that is entertaining? (I'm not being an *******, I just honestly didn't know it had any other features [besides web browsing and such]).
2006-11-26, 1:31 PM #16
Originally posted by JDKNITE188:

Actually a pure gaming console is what Nintendo pitched the Wii as. The 360 and PS3 are designed to be all encompassing entertainment systems.
2006-11-26, 1:45 PM #17
Originally posted by tofu:
Actually a pure gaming console is what Nintendo pitched the Wii as. The 360 and PS3 are designed to be all encompassing entertainment systems.

This is what I was thinking.
2006-11-26, 3:56 PM #18
If it was supposed to be more than a console, it would play DVDs. The one thing it's got is, like, the weather... but we already have the weather channel, and you can always just look out the god damned window. The damn thing is for playing games. That's what it SHOULD be 'for'.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-26, 4:34 PM #19
I still can't get myself interested in the Wii. Yes the controller is revolutionary and cool, but the games don't really appeal to me. Wii sports seem like something that's arcadey and fun to play from time to time. Zelda...well it's coming to the GameCube too. Red Steel received poor reviews from what I have seen, and I'm not really into games like Rayman. Upcoming games like Super Smash Brothers are fun, but I'm more of a Tekken/Soul Calibur/Virtua Fighter kind of person.
2006-11-26, 4:52 PM #20
Originally posted by happydud:
Good post.

haha hey. we had to digure it out for ourselves too!
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-11-26, 5:56 PM #21
Originally posted by Cloud:
Upcoming games like Super Smash Brothers are fun, but I'm more of a Tekken/Soul Calibur/Virtua Fighter kind of person.

You're a blasphemer.

That or you have a plank of wood stuck so far up your *** you can't possibly play and enjoy games that are considered "kiddy" in any respect. Afterall, you're an adult. And you have adult tastes. If it doesn't have gore, adult content, or jiggling boobies you just can't play it.
2006-11-26, 6:10 PM #22
Originally posted by Rob:
You're a blasphemer.

That or you have a plank of wood stuck so far up your *** you can't possibly play and enjoy games that are considered "kiddy" in any respect. Afterall, you're an adult. And you have adult tastes. If it doesn't have gore, adult content, or jiggling boobies you just can't play it.

Or you're like me and just don't like button mashing games.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-11-26, 6:13 PM #23
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:

I venture to say that Super Smash Bros has more depth than all of the fighting games mentioned.
2006-11-26, 6:16 PM #24
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]I venture to say that Super Smash Bros has more depth than all of the fighting games mentioned.[/QUOTE]
I've played it several times before, while it might have more depth, it's never evolved beyond button mashing for me.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2006-11-26, 6:22 PM #25

You more than anyone here seems to definately have the machismo game attitude. No adult stuff and you'll pass.

The fact that you can button mash and be just as proficient as someone who isn't button mashing is what makes Super Smash Brothers brilliant.
2006-11-26, 6:27 PM #26
I've played it several times before, while it might have more depth, it's never evolved beyond button mashing for me.

I could say the same about Tekken, or any other fighter.
2006-11-26, 6:32 PM #27
Soul Calibur I'll give you, but Tekken and Virtua Fighter? Playing SSBM is a damn art form compared to playing them.
2006-11-26, 6:40 PM #28
Exactly. I mean, for christ sake, they actually compare moves and attacks and combos, with timing down to INDIVIDUAL FRAMES. FFS.
2006-11-26, 6:49 PM #29
You more than anyone here seems to definately have the machismo game attitude. No adult stuff and you'll pass.

The fact that you can button mash and be just as proficient as someone who isn't button mashing is what makes Super Smash Brothers brilliant.

Let me say it again.

Or you're like me and don't like button mashing games.

I said nothing about disliking it because it was kiddy or cute.

In general I don't like fighting games. I'll play them and try to enjoy them, but SSB has never been that enjoyable for me. I'm not saying anything about it sucking, I'm just saying I don't care for it. Now if you can't take that, sue me.
Last Stand
2006-11-26, 6:55 PM #30

It's just something you always strongly insinuate.
2006-11-26, 7:13 PM #31
umm guys soul calibur is pretty kiddy also, it's not like it matters
2006-11-26, 7:25 PM #32
Let me say it again.

Or you're like me and don't like button mashing games.

In general I don't like fighting games. I'll play them and try to enjoy them, but SSB has never been that enjoyable for me. I'm not saying anything about it sucking, I'm just saying I don't care for it. Now if you can't take that, sue me.

I don't care if you don't like it, but stating that its a button mashing game is the issue, cause it's not. Period.
2006-11-26, 7:46 PM #33
It is for me... but then again I lose alot. :(

That's probably because I never shield, dodge, or throw...

2006-11-26, 7:50 PM #34
Good read. I plan on getting one after Christmas some time.
2006-11-27, 9:10 AM #35
You're a blasphemer.

Oh noes, someone prefers another game over one you like!

Shut up.
nope.
2006-11-27, 9:21 AM #36
Damn, that actually made me want a Wii. Curse you, SAJN! :argh:
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-11-27, 1:28 PM #37
Er, too much Wii topics..

Far too much.

Yes good system, yes good games.
Can we keep it to one thread?
2006-11-27, 1:32 PM #38
Apparently [url=www.penny-arcade.com]Gabe[/url] had a similar experience:
Quote:
Joystiq had some interesting articles up over the weekend about introducing your family to the Wii. I actually had a similar experience. We had a house full of friends and family for Thanksgiving and the Wii was really the star of the show. Kara and I both had parents over and we actually had a hard time getting them off of Wii sports. I can’t even count how many rounds of bowling I must have played. It was amazing to watch how easily they picked it up and how much fun they had. What was great was watching Kara’s Dad who loves to bowl but can’t anymore because of his knees. I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes home this week and tries to pick one up.

I agree with quite a few of the people in this thread: it does make me want to try a Wii. Not enough to make me feel giddy about it, and I can certainly hold on until I actually have the resources and time to do so, but it does seem like a whole lot of fun.
2006-11-27, 8:18 PM #39
Originally posted by Staar:
Er, too much Wii topics..

Far too much.

Yes good system, yes good games.

who made you admin?
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-11-27, 8:20 PM #40
Originally posted by Staar:
gb2 the forum where CM banned you.

↑ Up to the top!