Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Remember the lights to Trans Siberian Orchestra?
Remember the lights to Trans Siberian Orchestra?
2006-11-27, 10:19 AM #1
Apparently, the guy who did it last year, and this year is a Geek Squad Agent.

He just posted up the link to his new website on our company forums.

I'll pimp it here for those of you who were impressed last year.

http://www.ahwatukeeholidays.com/
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-11-27, 10:20 AM #2
That is all kinds of lame.
2006-11-27, 10:47 AM #3
Uhh, did he move? Cause the house pictured isn't the same as the one last year, and that house was only 30 minutes away from me, in Ohio, not Arizona.

And I thought he had said he wasn't going to do this anymore because it caused far too much traffic.

Oh, and he was an electrical engineer and all this stuff, why would he work at Geek Squad >.>
2006-11-27, 11:14 AM #4
Originally posted by Steven:
That is all kinds of lame.

Here in Denver there's a guy, I think he's funded by a local church or something, who *really* tricks out his house Christmas-style every year. He has one of those 70ft. tall pine trees on the lawn and decorates the whole thing, has multiple Santas on the roof and in the yard, reindeer everywhere, tons of lights, etc.

If you stop by his house he invites you in, and he's dressed like Santa Claus pretty much 24/7 for the holiday season. What's really weird though is the "old west town" in his backyard, with a little saloon, one of those things you can pose behind with your head sticking through, and... a working train like little kids ride on at the zoo or amusement parks, which circles around the house (which finally crossed the line for me between "this guy must be nuts" and "am *I* going nuts?"). What the old west town has to do with Christmas I'll never know, but it's only there around this time of year.

I'll have to get pictures if we go by again this season, it's crazy.
2006-11-27, 11:32 AM #5
Ah yeah I remember that video.

Back in the day my dad and I used to go all-out with Christmas lights; just kept adding more every year. Ended up with several thousand anyways, not set to music though.

And now I'm at university and all I have is a string of 50 LED lights and a scrolling sign proclaiming "MERRY CHRISTMAS"
Stuff
2006-11-27, 1:20 PM #6
Originally posted by Yecti:
Apparently, the guy who did it last year, and this year is a Geek Squad Agent.

I'm pretty sure it was even in Geek Squad commercial last year.
Pissed Off?
2006-11-27, 2:56 PM #7
This guy in my neighborhood always lights up his lawn like it's day. I don't know how he sleeps.

He's already started setting everything up.

2006-11-27, 2:57 PM #8
I'm pretty sure this is a different guy. I remember checking into the guy who did the big lightshow to TSO last year, everything I found said he was a old BellSouth engineer...

(Just googled it) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carson_Williams
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2006-11-27, 3:16 PM #9
[QUOTE=West Wind]I'm pretty sure this is a different guy. I remember checking into the guy who did the big lightshow to TSO last year, everything I found said he was a old BellSouth engineer...

(Just googled it) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carson_Williams[/QUOTE]

Yup, I was right. Mason Ohio is about 30 minutes away :D

↑ Up to the top!