Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny
Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny
2006-11-28, 4:17 PM #1
This movie...my god. Most hilarious movie I've seen since Borat.

Now I've heard both sides of the fence--the audience in the movie (which consisted of me and 3 friends and two other groups of 3-4 people each) was also both ways--some people were actually groaning at parts, while me and my friends were, for the most part, pitched in gales of laughter. It was awesome.

But seriously, if you're at all a fan of Tenacious D, go watch this movie. It is awesome, and pretty much the culmination of Tenacious D as a band.

As an aside, I also hear Trainwreck (Kyle Gass' Band) is excellent, but I've yet to check it out.
D E A T H
2006-11-28, 4:25 PM #2
Those guys are douche bags.

Someone would have to force me by GUN POINT to watch that horrible crap composed into a video.
2006-11-28, 4:31 PM #3
Originally posted by Staar:
Those guys are douche bags.

Someone would have to force me by GUN POINT to watch that horrible crap composed into a video.
I don't think it's possible to express how wrong you are in English.
2006-11-28, 4:37 PM #4
Originally posted by money•bie:
I don't think it's possible to express how wrong you are in the English language.

Shock, I'm not surprised.

Seeing as I used the English language just fine.

Thanks, if anything your name is 'how wrong you are in the English Language'
2006-11-28, 4:43 PM #5
Staar, name at least two places "Max" can be found in JK, and I will respect you.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-11-28, 4:43 PM #6

I think you mis-read. Oh well, coming from someone who has that attitude to TD I'm not surprised you didn't get it. :psyduck:
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-11-28, 4:55 PM #7
"Staar, name at least two places "Max" can be found in JK, and I will respect you."
Who t'hell is Max?
Oh wait, that Max.

Max can be found on the fifth mission, which takes place in the city of Barons Hed. He is hiding inside a house with a locked door

When the player must jump from the fuelling platform to the cargo ship, a mid-air turn will reveal Max's head superimposed on the retracting fuel pipes.

oh, oh, OH.

Google forever.

Quote:
I think you mis-read. Oh well, coming from someone who has that attitude to TD I'm not surprised you didn't get it.

No I didnt, he put "english language" He just changed it, makes a little more
sense now.

Next, JT or JD whatever isn't god, so get over it.
2006-11-28, 5:00 PM #8
Staar, I think there's one too many people on this forum, and I think it's you, chump.
2006-11-28, 5:00 PM #9
Staar, At any point am I going to have reason to entertain the possibility that you're a worthwhile member of these forums?
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-11-28, 5:01 PM #10
Hey Staar, i told you once, so im telling you again: chill out.

Ive been meaning to see this movie, but I didnt realize it had come out yet. Hoooopefully ill be able to see it soon.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-11-28, 5:02 PM #11
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]This movie...my god. Most hilarious movie I've seen since Borat.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that like two weeks ago? Regardless, TD ftw.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-11-28, 5:05 PM #12
Originally posted by Steven:
Staar, I think there's one too many people on this forum, and I think it's you, chump.

I'm one person. Or perhaps, I'm everyone? I mean isnt there a little Staar in everyone?

Yes, i dont give a 'chump' what you say.
So stop replying.

Steeeeeeveeee-eeevee

Quote:
Staar, At any point am I going to have reason to entertain the possibility that you're a worthwhile member of these forums?

Don't hold your brea...

Actually, lets all hold our breath. On 3, 1, 2, 3.
Dont stop untill I say so, okay?

Quote:
Hey Staar, i told you once, so im telling you again: chill out.

Will do Cap'n!
2006-11-28, 5:18 PM #13
Okay Staar, here's one you couldnt possibly Google, and only a true JK player would know.

In the falling ship level, what is at the bottom of the canyon and how do you get there?
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-11-28, 5:20 PM #14

You misspelled star.
2006-11-28, 5:22 PM #15
Nevermind what I said before, I give you two hours Mech.

Anyways, for everyone who isn't an "omgkewlkid" who revels in the rebellion he throws out there because his mommy didn't love him enough as a kid....

What was your favorite part of the movie? I'd say mine was the gargling of mayonnaise part. And/or "Classico" (if you haven't listened to the soundtrack that's the part in the beginning when KG is playing Bach and JB is coming up with lyrics ad-lib to it).
D E A T H
2006-11-28, 5:24 PM #16
Originally posted by petmc20:
In the falling ship level, what is at the bottom of the canyon and how do you get there?

Eh... Yun?

Also, I've never heard Tenacious D. So I guess I'm not quite the target audience for this flick. Never been a huge fan of Jack Black either. But mmmkay.
幻術
2006-11-28, 5:26 PM #17
Originally posted by petmc20:
Okay Staar, here's one you couldnt possibly Google, and only a true JK player would know.

Dude, I dont give a crap bout your game, or your respect for that matter.

Nevermind what I said before, I give you two hours Mech.

Quote:
Anyways, for everyone who isn't an "omgkewlkid" who revels in the rebellion he throws out there because his mommy didn't love him enough as a kid....

I'm not this mech guy, sweet jesus.

Oh you got me, My mommy didnt wuvv me. So I'm here harrassing a bunch of JK geeks... Right..
2006-11-28, 5:32 PM #18
It wasn't very bright of you to come onto a forums dominated by people who loved Jedi Knight.

You won't be welcomed much here.

Anyways, until your inevitable ban, welcome to ignore.

I love this feature!

[EDIT:] Detty pointed out this is not a constructive post. As I lack the willingness to care to change it to be more..."nice", I decided to edit it instead to say that I discourage any conflict here.
2006-11-28, 5:37 PM #19
Staar. . . you remind me of Jr. High. Take that however you will.

And Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny. I want to see it, but I didn't know it was out until a few minutes ago.
My blawgh.
2006-11-28, 5:49 PM #20

Wow, good dumbass misinterpretation. Suggestion: drop the pathetic attempt at cynicism and rejoin the real world.
2006-11-28, 5:56 PM #21
That's the best example of failing with reading comprehension I've seen in awhile.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-11-28, 6:24 PM #22
I thought the movie was good, but my expectations were so high for it that it was bound to somewhat disappoint them.

However, the DVD will have 45 minutes of footage put back into the movie, and then 45 minutes MORE of deleted scenes. That will be the better movie! More D = More Hilariousnessosity
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-11-28, 8:02 PM #23
I've heard that it was mediocre stoner humor, etc... not really anything that sounded like it would put me or mine in gales, but to each their own.

I'll probably see it. :D
2006-11-28, 8:05 PM #24
I enjoyed it, but it's not something I'll likely see again in theaters.
2006-11-28, 8:26 PM #25
I can't stand Jack Black.
2006-11-28, 8:38 PM #26
Man, do I feel sorry for you.
D E A T H
2006-11-28, 8:40 PM #27
He was really good in School of Rock.

Hes not a wonderful actor for dramas or anything, but i can see why you dont like him :D
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-11-28, 9:01 PM #28
Originally posted by MBeggar:
Hes not a wonderful actor for dramas or anything, but i can see why you dont like him :D

I'd say he has just as much potential as Jim Carrey. Although King Kong probably wasn't his best first step into drama.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-11-28, 9:26 PM #29
He was in Enemy of the State, so it's not his first step, though his first step as a lead.

Though he was kind of comical at moments in Enemy of the State I suppose.

Jack Black is nothing special, but I do very much like Tenacious D, so I will have to go see this movie.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-11-29, 8:36 AM #30
I was hoping to go see it last Saturday, but everyone else was busy and I didn't want to see it on my own. :(

How come SAJN didn't make this already? :P
nope.
2006-11-29, 8:47 AM #31
He's too busy playing with his Wii.

I didn't realize this was out already. I must go see it.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-11-29, 3:02 PM #32
I'm not a big fan of Jack Black, most of his movies I find the comedy to be kinda lame and boring.

But I really liked this movie, the songs were funny and awesome, and there was alot of stoner humour and alot of cussing, which would normaly turn me off of a movie like this, but they made it work for me and I really liked Jack Black in this movie.
The Gas Station
2006-11-29, 3:09 PM #33
I'm actually going to see this tonight. I didn't know the movie was out until I saw this thread....and yeah. Wii.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-11-29, 9:40 PM #34
It was sort of funny in places but that isn't why I really enjoyed the movie. The movie was made of 130% awesome. That's why I enjoyed it so much.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-11-30, 4:29 AM #35
You guys are like school in summer time.
2006-11-30, 10:29 AM #36
I hate jokes stolen shamelessly off TV.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!