Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Has the strap on your wiimote broken yet?
Has the strap on your wiimote broken yet?
2006-11-29, 2:58 PM #1
It's not the part that goes around your wrist. It's the thin bit that connects it to the remote. I made a new strap out of much sturdier nylon cord.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-29, 3:02 PM #2
How the hell did you break it? You're supposed to hold the thing in your hand, not let it dangle and flail about.
2006-11-29, 3:27 PM #3
My wiimote strap hasn't broken. In part because I don't have one.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-11-29, 3:50 PM #4
I'm Jepman lol
2006-11-29, 4:40 PM #5
No

Largely because I don't own a Wii
2006-11-29, 4:42 PM #6
No; largely because I don't own a strap-on. Or a Wii.
幻術
2006-11-29, 5:22 PM #7
** does search for "strap on" to see if this is a common problem.

...uhm, Im going ot have to look into this futher. Seems there are some odd images associated with this "strap-on".

**Disapears
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2006-11-29, 5:27 PM #8
Hold on a tick. Did this happen?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/29
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2006-11-29, 6:27 PM #9
No. I DON'T HAVE MY WII YET. :mad:

2006-11-29, 8:01 PM #10
I don't let it dangle, so no.
2006-11-29, 8:23 PM #11
Nintendo's response to this problem:

1. Hold On To The Controller,
2. Do Not Let It Go, respectively.
3. ???
4. PROFIT
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-11-29, 8:29 PM #12
You're not the only one..

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/
woot!
2006-11-29, 8:30 PM #13
Yeah, I think it's really a resort for if you accidently drop it or something. I've actually done that and it's worked just fine.

It's not for these morons throwing the controller 70 mph in Wii Sports.

I love how they post stories on the Internet how they broke their TV because the strap broke. Not that they let go of the controller. You throw a PS3 controller at the TV, are you going to blame sony too?
2006-11-29, 8:34 PM #14
It's not my fault I have a 90 mile an hour fastball!

I didn't break anything but the strap, thank god. But if the strap isn't strong enough to hold the remote if you let go, what is the point of having the strap at all? After all, that is the strap's advertised purpose: To not break if you let go of the remote.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-29, 8:47 PM #15
Originally posted by Isuwen:
It's not my fault I have a 90 mile an hour fastball!

I didn't break anything but the strap, thank god. But if the strap isn't strong enough to hold the remote if you let go, what is the point of having the strap at all? After all, that is the strap's advertised purpose: To not break if you let go of the remote.

Let go

Throw

:P
woot!
2006-11-29, 8:50 PM #16
Letting go is a super set of throwing. Throwing is a form of letting go and is fully covered by the wont ****ing break if I let go guarantee!
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-11-29, 9:07 PM #17
Originally posted by Isuwen:
Letting go is a super set of throwing. Throwing is a form of letting go and is fully covered by the wont ****ing break if I let go guarantee!

lol..okay then.

I own a flashlight with a warranty as follows: "We will repair, replace or refund the purchase price, at our option, of any Streamlight product that does not work or that you manage to break for as long as you own it." Now that is a warranty! ;)

:ninja:
woot!
2006-11-29, 10:17 PM #18
My maglight has a lifetime warranty too.

I'd like to think that we've mastered the flashlight and basic metallurgy, so I don't think such a warranty is unreasonable.
2006-11-30, 4:13 AM #19
However, lots of incidents where the Wii is thrown accidently - the remote still works.

I imagine if you threw a flashlight at a TV at 50 mph and it broke the screen, that they would not replace your TV because you let go...
2006-11-30, 4:31 AM #20
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
However, lots of incidents where the Wii is thrown accidently - the remote still works.

I imagine if you threw a flashlight at a TV at 50 mph and it broke the screen, that they would not replace your TV because you let go...

No - but the warranty is for the remote, correct? Not for whatever you throw it at. :)
woot!
2006-11-30, 5:05 AM #21
Nintendo isn't going to buy you a new TV.

They will, however, fedex you a new wriststrap.
2006-11-30, 11:18 AM #22
http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/show_cat.php?cat=5

Not quite due to the strap breaking, but funny nonetheless.
nope.
2006-11-30, 11:33 AM #23
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Nintendo isn't going to buy you a new TV.

They will, however, fedex you a new wriststrap.

Not even FedEx, but UPS!

That broken LCD on WiiHaveAProblem isn't really broken. It's just the protective glass. Warrenty may cover it, if not it's a cheap repair.

Well, now I know that if I buy a Wii, I'll make my own strap before I use it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-11-30, 11:54 AM #24
wiihaveaproblem has some hilarious stuff :P
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-11-30, 6:16 PM #25
My remote flew out of my hand while playing Tennis, but the strap didn't break or anything. We all paused for 5 seconds, then my friends put their wriststraps on, too. Handy little thing.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."

↑ Up to the top!