Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Snow Day
Snow Day
2006-12-01, 7:02 AM #1
Well, I woke up tpday at 8:30, and looked at the clock.

I was late for school. I was like "oh snap"

I rushed down to my living room with my car keys, and my Mom told me to look outside.

There was at least a foot of snow outside.

SNOW DAY!!!!!!1

Still coming down, this crazy Wisconsin weather.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-12-01, 7:16 AM #2
1 foot of snow and you get a snow day? Half the schoolyear here would be snow days then.

:argh:
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-12-01, 7:17 AM #3
i'm warming up the car right now so my car will survive the trip to school
ugh, stupid winter, making me leave early
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-12-01, 8:01 AM #4
We got about 14 inches last night. I-70 (the main east-west highway through Missouri) is closed. So is just about everything else.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-12-01, 8:50 AM #5
Wisconsin? Snow? Where are you located? No snow here :saddowns:
2006-12-01, 8:52 AM #6
Originally posted by finity5:
Wisconsin? Snow? Where are you located? No snow here :saddowns:

Southeastern part of the state
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-12-01, 11:38 AM #7
okay we seem to be going through a heat wave. It's freaking the first of december and it's like 55 degrees out!
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-12-01, 12:14 PM #8
At 8 o'clock here, it was about 70 degrees F. At noon, it was about 48 degrees. Yeah, it's gotten pretty cool very quickly today, plus it's very windy out.
2006-12-01, 12:22 PM #9
We got about a foot of snow in northern illinois. Class was cancelled today, and it kinda pissed me off cause i had a bunch of stuff ready i just completed last night.

Still, snow day :D
2006-12-01, 1:43 PM #10
ahh well it is really windy out
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-12-01, 1:45 PM #11
Ah snow. We don't have that 'round these parts.

Unless I go to Julian (mountain town).
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-12-01, 1:56 PM #12
Yesterday was the first day I've seen Oklahoma be under a blizzard warning all day. We probably got about a foot, too, or something like that. It was quite fun.
Warhead[97]
2006-12-01, 2:47 PM #13
Snowday here too. We went to school yesterday (the only high school in my city to do so), and it started just pouring freezing rain and snow. My car door was frozen shut when they decided to let all the students go home at noon.
2006-12-01, 4:35 PM #14
Played three hours of snow football today. That was hella fun. Though really cold when we went to my roommate's sister's place to eat dinner, cause we didn't change, and once the numbness goes away, wet socks and shoes are really cold.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-12-01, 5:10 PM #15
I just finished a snow week because of 6-8 inchs of snow that didnt melt. I <3 washington.

o.0
2006-12-01, 10:22 PM #16
OOO SNOW DAYS! Speaking of which, I had two this week. And I live in Seattle. "What?" Yes. Snow in seattle. "WTF?" My thoughts exactly. Doesn't it only rain there? Yes, and its back to the standard rain. Not a trace of snow left.

Oh it was awesome. The neighborhoods had an inch of ice on the roads at least. I drive a truck. I think you understand when I say it was fun. (well, when it was in 2 wheel. I had incredible traction in 4 Low, it was sweet. I think my 1991 Chevy S10 has redeemed itself for its performance for a light truck on snow. Absolutely no slippage in 4 Low, of course 4 wheel drive doesn't help braking, so I had to be careful, of course.)
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-12-02, 1:58 PM #17
Ahh, yes, Seattle. The city people are flocking to to get Bill Gates to protect them from AIDS.
2006-12-02, 1:59 PM #18
...that makes no sense.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-12-02, 2:14 PM #19
What the hell? I never got snow days when I was a kid in Seattle. We were lucky if we got one every couple of years.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-12-02, 2:39 PM #20
Snow days are such a pathetic excuse, I could understand if you lived in Micronesia and a freaking crevasse squirted lava streams over your teacher or something, but little particles of ice?

Maybe I'm just jealous that I never got any.

(lol)
2006-12-02, 3:16 PM #21
Maybe you have a cold heart.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-12-02, 3:36 PM #22
Snow days exists so that people don't get T-boned by morons sliding through intersections on the way to school. The idea is, if it doesn't seem safe for EVERYONE to get to class, including commuter students (to be fair to all students), then it's a good idea to close school. If all the roads get cleared in time, it's not really necessary.
Warhead[97]
2006-12-03, 12:03 AM #23
Damn you Americans are nuts.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-12-03, 12:23 AM #24
Originally posted by Echoman:
Maybe you have a cold heart.
Very punny

AHHAAAAAAAWHAAAW

ah

↑ Up to the top!