Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Battlestar Galactica
Battlestar Galactica
2006-12-01, 9:59 PM #1
Wow.
Just wow.

Talk about pumping up the drama/action.
They had to beat each other up to say they loved each other.
And poor Duala/Anders.

Somehow, I thought it would end up like this, unless...like...Duala and Anders both died or something.

At least that patches up a 2.5 season plotline.

Overall I think it was a good episode, but it was a little slow at points. It was nice that it covered a topic that any fan has been wondering about since the show started.
[edit] I keep thinking of more stuff:
It was really cool how they had the flashbacks of what happened on New caprica before the cylons occupied it.
[/edit]
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-12-01, 10:42 PM #2
Agreed. I enjoyed seeing Adama fight.

That was fun.

And finally! 2 and a half years of unresolved sexual tension... well.. resolved.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-02, 3:00 AM #3
I think it's probably my favorite episode, right behind the Pegasus story arch.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2006-12-02, 7:20 AM #4
I had worried that it was going to be a slow, dull "we can't think of anything new to write, so let's review what's happened" (as Stargate is prone to do on occasion), but it had some very nice character development.

I really liked the episode.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-12-02, 7:34 AM #5
I was expecting Adama to fight, obviously. But I NEVER expected him to choose The Chief. That whole scene was awesome
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-12-02, 5:35 PM #6
And the chief goes down on the first punch, then comes back and beats the **** out of Adama. And Helio also got to beat up Apollo.

But, Starbuck is already married, and so is Apollo. So, wtf are they going to do now? Duala and Anders will kill them!
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-12-02, 6:21 PM #7
It was a love triangle mixed in with space boxing. Honestly, I thought it brought tension where there was none. I was under the impression the Lee and Duela along with Starbuck and Anders were happy go luck.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-12-02, 6:49 PM #8
Starbuck told Anders to go **** himself a while ago, and Lee was always uncomfortable around Starbuck & Anders.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-12-02, 7:25 PM #9
One of the main points was that Lee and Dee got married because he was pissed at Starbuck. She burned him bad.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-02, 8:05 PM #10
http://hackingroomba.com/2006/11/29/cylon-roomba-they-do-exist/
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-12-02, 9:50 PM #11
The whole last 8ish epidsodes/last season, I've been consistently wondering "where to Lee and Starbuck stand?"

You have to admit, they never fully explained why Lee and Starbuck had tension in the finale "lay down your burdens part II" right before the cylons attacked.

This finally explained it, and it was a long overdue explanation.
They were central characters and they seemed to be growing closer and closer in season 2.

This also gives Starbuck a chance to let go of some of her steam she's built up since she got back on Galactica.

I mean from the get-go, I never believed that Starbuck and Anders were going to stay together. Even when I saw the occupation, and when I saw them married. When The attack happened "exodus" I still thought they would break up on galactica because anders had never been apart of life there.

Duala and Lee I sorta understood though. Somehow I found their relationship believeable.

At the same time, I always wanted Lee and Starbuck to get together.
Now they finally had proof it would happen.
/rant
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-12-02, 10:06 PM #12
Everyone knew, since the day we found out Starbuck was a girl, knew she and Apollo were going to shack up.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-02, 10:44 PM #13
Yeah...
I guess I was just going against JG.
2006-12-03, 4:09 PM #14
Good episode. It was kind of funny how Hotdog got his *** kicked without even seeming to throw a single punch. :P
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-12-03, 4:47 PM #15
I liked it much better than the previous episode, that's for sure.
幻術
2006-12-04, 3:56 PM #16
Daula and Lee work as a couple, but you have to remember she was really in love with Billy. Lee was always her second choice.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-12-04, 5:12 PM #17
The episode was pretty good (not as good as the second exodus episode though) I liked the last one because it showed a possible cause for the Cylon attack
2006-12-04, 5:34 PM #18
Battlesoap Galactica.
2006-12-04, 5:46 PM #19
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Battlesoap Galactica.

Battlecharacterdevelopment Galactica
2006-12-04, 8:40 PM #20
It was still a soap opera episode!

I dunno. Perhaps it's me. I don't like soap opera like things. Dee loved Billy but then went for Lee. Cara and Lee secretly love each other but she ditched him for Anders. Lee's now bumhurt and never really got over it. Now Anders gets dumped and Duala sees that Lee really is about.

Tell me that is NOT a soap opera.
2006-12-04, 10:00 PM #21
You forget:
Billy died.
Apollo went after Dee to make Starbuck jealous, because of MORE unresolved sexual tension.
Starbuck and Apollo love each other because the writers decided to make Starbuck female, and we all knew it was coming eventually.
Apollo is a whiny indecisive mommasboy who doesn't know what he wants.

Oh yeah, and mechanical death machines occasionally attack and launch nuclear devices at them.

Oh yeah. And there has yet to be a mention of soap.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-04, 10:12 PM #22
To be honest, BG is like a soap opera. It always has been.
But there's not many soap operas where gigantic aereal and space battle occur consistently.
2006-12-04, 10:20 PM #23
Originally posted by Veger:
To be honest, BG is like a soap opera. It always has been.

No, it's like a good drama. Soap operas are not good dramas.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-12-04, 10:36 PM #24
I'll say it's a good drama that fringes on soap opera esqueness.
2006-12-04, 11:52 PM #25
Originally posted by happydud:
Oh yeah. And there has yet to be a mention of soap.

You are WRONG. Tyrol and Helo were beaten by Pegasus crew with bars of soap wrapped in towels.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2006-12-05, 7:45 AM #26
Just because it has a mini "love story" arch doesn't make it a soap opera. A soap opera is usually based soley on a love story(or stories) and focuses on that drama, while in BSG, even in this ep, this was about them boxing each other and beating the **** out of each other, hardly like a soap opera.

BSG is a drama, and most dramas are allowed to have some love story archs, but that doesn't make them soap operas, you wouldn't call Star Wars a soap now would you?
2006-12-05, 10:01 AM #27
Hey, what happened with the big speech Adama made in the miniseries (the one about knowing where Earth is)? Did it come out that he doesn't acutally know the location?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-12-05, 10:57 AM #28
They have clues to where to go to get more clues to get to Earth. He was just giving a speech to get everyone together and stay together, the only way to stay safe from the Cylons.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-12-05, 11:01 AM #29
Originally posted by Tracer:
Hey, what happened with the big speech Adama made in the miniseries (the one about knowing where Earth is)? Did it come out that he doesn't acutally know the location?

He didn't at the time of the speech except for clues in some of the legends and stories. They've since found more concrete clues.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-05, 11:08 AM #30
Yeah, but I mean he says "I know where it is" and then later admits to Rosalyn that he was just saying that to give everybody hope. So there was no problem when people found out he wasn't telling the truth? Or did the writers just kind of gloss over that part?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-12-05, 11:19 AM #31
Correct if wrong but I don't think the whole population knows that Adama was making it all up.
2006-12-05, 12:49 PM #32
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Correct if wrong but I don't think the whole population knows that Adama was making it all up.

Or they just don't want to know that he is.
--Garrison Keillor
2006-12-05, 1:19 PM #33
At this point it doesn't really matter if they knew it or not, as they found Kobol and have clues now as to where it could be, so whether he was lying or not doesn't matter now.
2006-12-06, 9:45 AM #34
[http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/usb_snowbot.gif]

CYLON SNOWMAN!

(They come in red, but I couldn't find a gif of it.)
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-06, 11:23 PM #35
There was an episode, though I don't remember which one, where Starbuck realizes that Adama has no clue where Earth is and confronts him about it. In the end, they all stay quiet about it and let the fleet think they know the way.

Now, they kinda know the way by following the 13th tribe's path.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2006-12-07, 8:39 AM #36
Originally posted by SG-fan:
There was an episode, though I don't remember which one, where Starbuck realizes that Adama has no clue where Earth is and confronts him about it. In the end, they all stay quiet about it and let the fleet think they know the way.

Now, they kinda know the way by following the 13th tribe's path.

Last episode of Season One. Kobol's Last Gleaming. =P

<.< I was watching it this morning.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!