Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → College Football part 2
College Football part 2
2006-12-02, 7:52 PM #1
[emo]

Gah.

We lost.

Again.

It's our destiny to lose the big games.

We (Arkansas) also get credited for the ugliest play in college football.

[/emo]

So, quick, make your BCS predictions now that it's all screwed up (again).

I guess it's Michigan vs Florida (with Michigan FTW).
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-12-02, 7:57 PM #2
Quote:
I guess it's Michigan vs Florida (with Florida FTW).

Fix'd
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-12-02, 8:35 PM #3
It's Ohio St. vs. Michigan or Florida because USC lost. I should have put money on the Cal-Stanford game. Cal was a 29 point favorite and I knew that wasn't going to happen
Pissed Off?
2006-12-02, 8:46 PM #4
I'm guessing OSU-Florida, just because nobody wants to see a rematch, and because Florida had a tougher schedule.

WV just beat Rutgers in triple OT with a failed 2 point conversion by Rutgers, though the ball hit the receiver in the hands.

Looks like the Sooners are going to capture the Big 12 title handily.

I'm hoping for an Alamo Bowl bid for Missouri. We'll find out tomorrow.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-12-02, 8:56 PM #5
I'm so happy that UCLA beat SC. It's the only game I watch every year. Go Bruins!
2006-12-02, 8:59 PM #6
Damn those Bruins. I was rooting for USC.
2006-12-02, 9:00 PM #7
Florida FTW. However, I have absolutely no idea who's in the lead..and I only say FL because I used to live there.. :o
woot!
2006-12-02, 9:12 PM #8
I think it has to be Michigan. I keep hearing "No one wants to see a rematch," but I don't think anyone who's not an Ohio State fan wants to see a blowout. That's what it'll be if you put Florida in the championship game.

For those not convinced, consider this: Michigan lost by three points at Ohio State. The accepted standard for oddsmakers, when teams of equal strength play, is to favor the home team by three points, and playing at the Horseshoe is better than your average home field advantage.

People say Michigan had their chance to beat Ohio State, but they didn't have their chance to do it at a neutral site. It's not hard to imagine that things could go the other way if they got that chance.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-12-02, 10:58 PM #9
The title game is whoever finishes 1-2 in the BCS rankings. We'll find out tomorrow night if Florida's win was enough to bump them over Michigan.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-03, 3:25 AM #10
Michigan already had their shot at being in the title game as the number 1 team and they didn't do it. Therefore Florida should get the chance. They're number 1 in the SEC for christsakes.
2006-12-03, 5:05 AM #11
I hope we play Michigan so we can beat them again.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-12-03, 10:40 AM #12
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
Michigan already had their shot at being in the title game as the number 1 team and they didn't do it. Therefore Florida should get the chance. They're number 1 in the SEC for christsakes.

What should happen and what actual will are two entirely different things in this case, sadly.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-03, 10:42 AM #13
The USA Today poll is full of ****. If you put Wisconsin at #5 and Auburn at #10, how can you not rank Michigan above Florida? Michigan beat Wisconsin! Florida lost to Auburn!
2006-12-03, 10:54 AM #14
It has to be Florida vs Ohio State, has to be. It wasn't until last night when I looked at Florida's schedule, and realized just how tough it was. The SEC trumped the Big 10 this year in terms of overall toughness. Michigan had their shot at beating Ohio State, and they lost. Not to say that excludes them from a rematch, but Florida I think has a much more impressive resume.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-12-03, 12:29 PM #15
Originally posted by Nubs:
It has to be Florida vs Ohio State, has to be. It wasn't until last night when I looked at Florida's schedule, and realized just how tough it was. The SEC trumped the Big 10 this year in terms of overall toughness. Michigan had their shot at beating Ohio State, and they lost. Not to say that excludes them from a rematch, but Florida I think has a much more impressive resume.

Losing to the #10 team is not a more impressive resume than losing to the #1 team and beating the #5 team. As for "Michigan had their chance," the answer is still no. Michigan has only played Ohio State in Columbus; Florida will get to play them in Arizona if they get the #2 spot.
2006-12-03, 4:22 PM #16
That would be the only reason for a rematch, because Michigan lost to OSU at the Horseshoe, and only by a field goal at that.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-12-03, 4:57 PM #17
Apparently It's Florida, as it should be.
2006-12-03, 5:24 PM #18
The voters were determined to put someone, anyone ahead of Michigan, whether they were actually better than Michigan or not. The result's not surprising, but it's not right either.

Expect a blowout.
2006-12-03, 5:45 PM #19
College football desperately needs a playoff system. College basketball has one, and there are way more basketball teams than football teams.

Arkansas is going to the Capitol One bowl (aka the Citrus bowl - I like the old school names better) to play against Wisconsin. Aren't there some Massassians from WI here?

Congrats to Florida for getting into the big game.

Here's hoping you lose....
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-12-03, 5:59 PM #20
Yeah, I'm from WI. The Badgers definitely got the short end of the stick this year, but those are the rules unfortunately. Only two teams per conference. Blah.
2006-12-03, 6:02 PM #21
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
College football desperately needs a playoff system. College basketball has one, and there are way more basketball teams than football teams.[/QUOTE

Top 8 in the polls would work out pretty well.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-03, 6:13 PM #22
The problem is that the BCS and the College Presidents want to make as much money as possible. They don't want to water down their product, and if the BCS went to a playoff system you essentially lose Bowls. To the, this is unacceptable and to be perfectly honest I don't see it changing for a long time. Until it starts to hurt their pocketbooks, where is the incentive to change? We go through this argument every year, but nothing really gets changed.
2006-12-03, 6:14 PM #23
Go Cardinals! Bah...my city is doing well this year, but I don't follow sports.
2006-12-03, 6:29 PM #24
Originally posted by Nubs:
The problem is that the BCS and the College Presidents want to make as much money as possible. They don't want to water down their product, and if the BCS went to a playoff system you essentially lose Bowls. To the, this is unacceptable and to be perfectly honest I don't see it changing for a long time. Until it starts to hurt their pocketbooks, where is the incentive to change? We go through this argument every year, but nothing really gets changed.

They're idiots because you can still have all your bowl games plus the 7 playoff games, which is more games to put on TV.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-04, 1:58 AM #25
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
That would be the only reason for a rematch, because Michigan lost to OSU at the Horseshoe, and only by a field goal at that.

And they were behind the whole game.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-12-05, 8:05 AM #26
Since I go to FSU, I hope Florida loses (of course)

↑ Up to the top!