Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Child's Play + My Webhosting Customers = Time to chose!
Child's Play + My Webhosting Customers = Time to chose!
2006-12-04, 5:51 AM #1
Okay, I rallied up the totals, and November you guys paid me about $35 (I ignored the Paypal fees). One person paid me for an entire year, but I can't afford to be that giving, so I am counting his as $5... a month's worth.

Now that the money has come in, it's time to chose what to do with it!

Your choices include:

Donating the entire sum as cash.
Buying something off of this wishlist for the Akron Children's Hospital (the one closest to me). http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ITT0Z14H9INO?ie=UTF8&tag2=childsplaycha-20

Or a split between the two.

So if you think I should buy something on amazon, pick something within the pricerange that you think would be nice. Anyone can participate in this, so if you were unable to donate for some reason, then you can at least say you did something :D

And if it comes down to an extra $1-2 to get something really good, I'll pay up. But let's just try to stay on the $35 budget now. Anything that doesn't get spent will be donated.
2006-12-04, 6:52 AM #2
Donate the entire thing in cash.
2006-12-04, 7:19 AM #3
Come on man, you know you have to give them Final Fantasy 3
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-12-04, 7:43 AM #4
Wireless controllers are seriously helpful when you're in the hospital. It's one less thing you've got to be wired to, really. I can see why they want to get 20 of them.

If you buy something, my bid is on anything that has 0/5, as to give the game library some variety, or more importantly the wireless PS2 controller.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-12-04, 9:44 AM #5
go for rainbow babies.

i was there as a small child and they took great care of me. they deserve the money.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-12-04, 10:05 AM #6
Donate the money.
2006-12-04, 3:16 PM #7
Akron. Only because I used to live right by there. Akron needs all the help it can get. That's the place where the river was so polluted it caught on fire.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-12-04, 3:49 PM #8
Umm guys I already said it's all goin to Akron, I just need to know what form it shall arrive at Arkon :p
2006-12-04, 7:21 PM #9
I was planning on making a donation, but I'm wondering if the Paypal fees are significant and if I'd be better off buying something off the Amazon list.

Any opinions on that?
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too
2006-12-04, 7:52 PM #10
If you're concerned about Paypal fees, could you mail them a check?
woot!
2006-12-04, 7:58 PM #11
Originally posted by Brian:
Donate the money.

True dat. Everyone loves cash
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-12-04, 8:10 PM #12
Originally posted by Aaron:
I was planning on making a donation, but I'm wondering if the Paypal fees are significant and if I'd be better off buying something off the Amazon list.

Any opinions on that?

To give you an idea, for $5 sent, I get between $4.50-4.55 depending on what country (US, Canada, etc).

It's like 35cents + 8% or something silly.
2006-12-04, 8:45 PM #13
Originally posted by JLee:
If you're concerned about Paypal fees, could you mail them a check?

The paypal fees are deducted automatically when somebody pays someone else through paypal. There's no way to avoid it. They charge $0.30 + 2.9%, I believe.

I'd say donate the whole thing as cash.
Pyro Universe The ultimate fireworks site!

↑ Up to the top!