Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Halo 3 Commercial
Halo 3 Commercial
2006-12-05, 12:44 PM #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKX8EDfkz_M

Wow. Damn cool, if I say so myself.
D E A T H
2006-12-05, 12:57 PM #2
I can't wait until gameplay is like pre-rendered scenes. That would be so awesome and intense.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-12-05, 1:21 PM #3
Is the boy in the beggining supposed to be master chief as a child?
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-12-05, 1:23 PM #4
flipping sweet shield grenade and total Master Chief badassness...

this commercial ROCKS
2006-12-05, 1:33 PM #5
I hope they use cinimatics like that all through the game. That would be sweet :D
My blawgh.
2006-12-05, 2:22 PM #6
Anyone else think a law should be passed that forces video game commercials to have a "not actual gameplay" title? Granted, it'd be difficult to enforce, I think it'd contribute to a higher level of expectations in game designers. Suddenly they won't be able to make their money on selling the rendered cutscenes in between cartoon network primetime television shows.

I like the shield bomb, but I don't see anything else worth my time in this video, considering it offers me nothing in reference to the game. I hate those commercials. Looking at you, WoW, DnDo, Warcraft 2/3, Diablo 2, Splinter Cell, etc. etc. etc.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-12-05, 2:23 PM #7
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Anyone else think a law should be passed that forces video game commercials to have a "not actual gameplay" title? Granted, it'd be difficult to enforce, I think it'd contribute to a higher level of expectations in game designers. Suddenly they won't be able to make their money on selling the rendered cutscenes in between cartoon network primetime television shows.

I like the shield bomb, but I don't see anything else worth my time in this video, considering it offers me nothing in reference to the game. I hate those commercials. Looking at you, WoW, DnDo, Warcraft 2/3, Diablo 2, Splinter Cell, etc. etc. etc.

It offers more in the concept of the story. And considering Halo 2's gameplay was **** compared to Halo 1's, they need to sell the story.
D E A T H
2006-12-05, 2:26 PM #8
Haha. Halo's "Story." Haha.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-12-05, 2:27 PM #9
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]It offers more in the concept of the story. And considering Halo 2's gameplay was **** compared to Halo 1's, they need to sell the story.[/QUOTE]

Halo 2's gameplay was hardly ****, it was the storyline that was god aweful.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-12-05, 2:29 PM #10
I don't think ANYONE plays Halo for its storyline. Hell, I can't even stand the SP of halo. Yes, the beloved and sacred halo SP: Crap in my eyes. The MP is where it's at, and 2, in my opinion, ruined the awesome balance in 1. You can tell me I'm wrong, but I really can't get used to 2's levels and weapons, and it's ALL we play at parties, so it's not like I just haven't given it a chance.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-12-05, 2:47 PM #11
Maybe someday I'll get a chance to play halo :( I just hate FPS on console controllers. I guess I could buy it on the computer... meh

Edit: The reason I'm GBK :( is because I was really, really looking forward to halo when they used to be indie and before MS bought them out and made it an xbox exclusive. They originally said it would be a simultaneous release on PC and xbox, then they said, a little bit delayed, and then it turned out to be years. Bleck.
2006-12-05, 2:50 PM #12
Yahhhh haha I want to play that game. :D

God damn are bungie good at making cool cinematics.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-12-05, 2:52 PM #13
I don't think ANYONE plays Halo for its storyline. Hell, I can't even stand the SP of halo. Yes, the beloved and sacred halo SP: Crap in my eyes. The MP is where it's at, and 2, in my opinion, ruined the awesome balance in 1. You can tell me I'm wrong, but I really can't get used to 2's levels and weapons, and it's ALL we play at parties, so it's not like I just haven't given it a chance.

Haha, can't stand the SP. Oh christ, the SP for Halo 1 was epic. The SP for Halo 2...not so much...but 1 was epic.
D E A T H
2006-12-05, 3:11 PM #14
Brian, do you have the same nostalgic feelings for The Halo That Could Have Been, back when in 1999? I miss that...
Warhead[97]
2006-12-05, 3:17 PM #15
Originally posted by BobTheMasher:
Brian, do you have the same nostalgic feelings for The Halo That Could Have Been, back when in 1999? I miss that...

Well, I never actually played Halo, so maybe I'm thinking it's the same game that I watched videos about but really it's not? I dunno.
2006-12-05, 3:54 PM #16
ive always hated halo, just the way it plays or something I hate about it. seems too........i cant describe why I hate it. maybe its just because my friends are so annoying when they talk about it and maybe also because I hate any games that are split screen if my 1/4 of the screen isn't at least 30 inches. I can handle halo on my projector setup, for instance.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-12-05, 3:56 PM #17
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
ive always hated halo, just the way it plays or something I hate about it. seems too........i cant describe why I hate it. maybe its just because my friends are so annoying when they talk about it and maybe also because I hate any games that are split screen if my 1/4 of the screen isn't at least 30 inches. I can handle halo on my projector setup, for instance.

That's not exactly the game's fault, now is it? :)
DO NOT WANT.
2006-12-05, 4:13 PM #18
The Bungie game I'd pay any money for'd definetly be Oni 2. Except, of course, it's not gonna happen. Halo 1 was alright (only played on PC), nothing too exceptional.
幻術
2006-12-05, 4:24 PM #19

Oh please, laws like that are for cigarettes and other products that kill people. The last thing we need is to spend money that could go to education on baby-sitter laws to protect people from buying frivolous video games that don't look quite like they did in the TV ad. :P
2006-12-05, 4:30 PM #20
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Oh please, laws like that are for cigarettes and other products that kill people. The last thing we need is to spend money that could go to education on baby-sitter laws to protect people from buying frivolous video games that don't look quite like they did in the TV ad. :P

Well, I think you have a point, but it should also be within one's rights to return the game for a refund if it ****ing sucks or if it doesn't at all match all the advertising.
2006-12-05, 4:37 PM #21
Originally posted by Brian:
Well, I think you have a point, but it should also be within one's rights to return the game for a refund if it ****ing sucks or if it doesn't at all match all the advertising.

If people have every right to buy something that rocks, people have every right to buy something that sucks. You'd be putting the business into a situation on behalf of the game creator's fault. Not a good practice. Not to mention, peoples' tastes vary wildly.
D E A T H
2006-12-05, 6:24 PM #22
I actually saw the commercial when I was watching Monday Night Football
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-12-05, 6:54 PM #23
Pumped up, pre-rendered action. I couldn't care less till i see gameplay.
2006-12-05, 7:24 PM #24
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]Pumped up, pre-rendered action. I couldn't care less till i see gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

I've never been a huge fan of the Halo series, pretty derivative FPS action game, with all the control of a 2 ton block of lead that's on fire. And like, unable to move because of a genetic disorder.

But it's decent fun to play with some friends or whatever, although LANing some CS:S or UT2k4 would be a hell of a lot more fun.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-12-05, 7:53 PM #25
I thought the sp was hecka fun, but no replay value other than messing with vehicles. The mp didn't seem impressive compared to other games though. I really like the art style and the atmosphere presented by this cinematic though.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-12-05, 9:12 PM #26
It wasn't even MADE by Bungie in house. It was an outsourced project to a CGI company who had to go to Bungie for approval on virtually everything. The movie itself is using spiffied up real game assets, but other than that, it's not representative of anything in the final game. Think the Halo Wars trailer. It's a hype movie, not much else, and it did a damn fine job of that for me. Not that I need it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-12-06, 3:12 AM #27
Originally posted by Koobie:
The Bungie game I'd pay any money for'd definetly be Oni 2. Except, of course, it's not gonna happen.

Hell yes. I loved Oni! Sure, not the most complex of all titles, but a lot of fun.
2006-12-06, 6:43 AM #28
Holy. ****.

I completely forgot about that commercial, but I have already pre-ordered my copy.
Current Maps | Newest Map

↑ Up to the top!