Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → had my wisdom teeth put yesterday
had my wisdom teeth put yesterday
2006-12-05, 3:48 PM #1
All four of them. I was put under a full anesthetic for it. my mouth hurt for quite a while after, and i could only have soft cool food for the rest of the day. At least today i can have food that is slightly warm, but my jaw is still swollen and hurty. :( . But at least tomorrow I will have my nintendo wii to keep me busy. :D

so, to make this legit, post your wisdom teeth experiences.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-12-05, 4:16 PM #2
They didn't put me to sleep.

One tooth split in half so they had to pull each piece out, making it seem like I had 5 pulled out.

I felt a lot of it :argh:
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-12-05, 4:26 PM #3
I had two teeth on one side extracted while I was conscious. The pressure was intense, though there was little pain. It was a very disturbing, surreal experience and gave me reason to delay having the others out until they became a problem.

Four years later, they started to become a problem, so I went in to get the other two extracted. This time I was under full sedation, because one of teeth had to be split into pieces and extracted that way (this was in August 2006).

Neither time did it hurt much afterwards, but the first time healed a *lot* faster than the second. Of course, I was four years younger so them's the breaks. Also, by having them extracted at different times, I was able to regain my full eating abilities faster due to only one side being impaired, which was nice.

Another little anecdote - I've only had one cavity so far, and that was on one of the teeth that was extracted, so I managed to avoid paying for fillings etc. so far nicely. :)

Post mascoticon = :o
2006-12-05, 4:29 PM #4
Rubbing ice on the webbing between your thumb and index finger is supposed to help with oral pains.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-12-05, 4:41 PM #5
Oh, by the way, you know what really made my first extraction surreal and traumatizing? The ducks.

At the dentist office I used, each operating/examination room had one wall that was just a massive window looking out onto their duck pond. This is supposed to be soothing, a step up from those landscape prints they tape to the ceiling over your chair. The entire time my extraction was going on, this duck stared in through the window at us with its indifferent eyes. It would intermittently groom its feathers, then resume staring at us.

I don't know why, but that duck made the experience a hundred times more bizarre than it had to be. I never used that office again (insurance no longer covered it was mostly the reason, but still).
2006-12-05, 4:49 PM #6
I've got a wisdom tooth coming through in the back of my jaw. Every now and then it'll reassure me of it's presence by hurting for a few days. I think I'm going to get it looked at over the holidays.
2006-12-05, 4:55 PM #7
I was awake while i had all 4 of mine pulled. I was on two sleeping pills, vicatin, local numbing while, inhaling laughing gas and i was listeneing to pink floyd. It was fuuuuuuun :D

My recovery was very quick, within two days i had gone swimming in the ocean and was eating burnt toast.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2006-12-05, 4:58 PM #8
I had four pulled, and afterwards I don't know where my opiates went, all I know is that my father told me to just take advil.
:master::master::master:
2006-12-05, 4:59 PM #9
I got four out a little over a year ago. I was knocked out cold and cant remeber anything until I was home and some friends came to visit. I let them in, walked to the room I woke up in a passed out for the rest of the day. The next day. . .well I slept through most of it. It was really nice though, and I recovered without a hitch.

Though the only bad part was having a piece of clam chowder go into a hole on the backleft side of my mouth. It got stuck in there and I could smell it when it started to rot. Eventually I went to have it looked at and they were able to remove it.
My blawgh.
2006-12-05, 5:02 PM #10
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
Though the only bad part was having a piece of clam chowder go into a hole on the backleft side of my mouth. It got stuck in there and I could smell it when it started to rot. Eventually I went to have it looked at and they were able to remove it.

They gave me a little syringe-esque device to squirt water into the gap the second time I had wisdom teeth pulled. It dislodged food pretty easily, did they not give you one?
2006-12-05, 6:34 PM #11
I had only topical anesthetic. They had to break some of mine apart to get them out (the tops of the teeth were all facing toward the front of my face). I listened to Operation Ivy the whole time. When I got home I took one codeine pill, which made me fidgety and unable to settle anywhere rather than helping me sleep, as I had hoped. I was back at school the next day.
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2006-12-05, 7:57 PM #12
Weird, mine never came in.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-12-05, 8:16 PM #13
After I got mine pulled, I just played KotOR nonstop until I recovered. It was a good plan.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-12-05, 8:46 PM #14
My only experience with my wisdom teeth is that I have them all, and there are no problems with any of them. Of course this is possibly due to having had braces in my younger years. Had two teeth pulled back then, but they were just next to the I-teeth.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2006-12-05, 8:52 PM #15
mine are problly comming out on spring brake :(
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2006-12-05, 9:18 PM #16
None of you know wisdom teeth... Like I know wisdom teeth.
Why?
Because I had six wisdom teeth! :eek: And they were all pulled at once. After I woke up when the surgery was over, all I remember is walking out with my dad. My next memory was walking through the front door and my dad handing me a glass of water. So I went to drink it, but forgot I had gauze still stuffed over the open wounds so I couldn't close my mouth and bloody water just poured out of my mouth... After that I remember waking up in my room and it being dark outside.

So yeah... Six. I am that wise. :P
2006-12-05, 9:46 PM #17
They knocked me out completely, I didn't feel anything. On the drive home, I vomited up some liquid, but after that I felt fine. I ate pudding and yogurt and jello for two days then some soup and after a few days I was back to normal. I had it done because I was joining the Air Force soon, and they told me if I still had my teeth when I joined, they would take them out, and when they do it, they don't knock you out, so I was like... **** that.
2006-12-05, 9:48 PM #18
None of you have room to complain... I had seven. :(
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-12-05, 10:15 PM #19
put where?
2006-12-05, 10:23 PM #20
You would be amazed what you can buy on ebay.
My blawgh.
2006-12-05, 10:41 PM #21
I had all 4 taken out at once, I guess they knocked me out pretty well since I don't remember anything between sitting in the chair and then later that day on the couch, though I have vague memories of being wheeled to the car in a wheelchair. My mouth was sore for an hour or two after I woke up on the couch, but it never really hurt, and I was eating solid foods later that night. I had an entire bottle full of painkillers and didn't use a single one.

Either I am a true manly man, or I have a really good dentist or orthodontist or whoever does that.
Warhead[97]
2006-12-05, 11:08 PM #22
Mine never grew.

:D
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-12-05, 11:12 PM #23
I only had three wisdom teeth. How weird is that? The doc put me completely to sleep with some sort of gas. I don't remember anything between when he strapped the respirator to my face and when I was home in bed. My mother, who drove me home from the procedure, later told me that I wouldn't STFU the whole ride home, which is uncharacteristic for me because I hardly ever say anything.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-05, 11:54 PM #24
Originally posted by Roach:
Rubbing ice on the webbing between your thumb and index finger is supposed to help with oral pains.

I'll give that a go next time mine give me grief (they're currently growing).
2006-12-06, 12:23 AM #25
Wow, this certainly earns a "holy crap."

The dentists back at home sent me to the heavies here in madison... All four are coming in at nice 45 degree angles, and are supposedly all up for the chopping... block.... (pulling block maybe?) I've got a consultation scheduled for tomorrow, so I guess we'll see what they have to say. They'll probably demand to pull them. It should be wonderful. I'm 25 years old and still spry, but I doubt I can take a hit like I could back in the teenage years. (When I had two molars pulled to prevent crowding- they gassed me and did it while I was conscious. Like what's-his-name said earlier, totally surreal. At least there were no ducks watching me, unless those jerks can see through walls.)

So yeah... Pink Floyd, yoghurt, KOTOR. Got it. Thanks, mates. Wish me luck.
2006-12-06, 2:40 AM #26
Oh yeah, when I was young, I had a lot of baby teeth pulled due to crowding, and i was always awake for those. That is really a gruesome feeling, pain or no. Just the sound is...euughh.
Warhead[97]
2006-12-06, 5:21 AM #27
Yeah, I've gotta go do the same in a while.

Won't be as bad as after my car accident though, when they had to put back in some teeth and fix up the broken ones. The dude back then used a syringe in a way that it felt like a knife. And he had to jab it into the roof of my mouth as well. /_\
2006-12-06, 9:05 AM #28
All 4 of my wisdom teeth are getting pulled the day after christmas. I'm 22 and a senior in college...figured I'd have it done while I'm still on my parent's insurance.
2006-12-06, 9:26 AM #29
Oh, I also bled a lot. Don't underestimate the bleedng.
2006-12-07, 5:37 AM #30
I probably need to get one of my wisdom teeth surgically removed.
2006-12-07, 1:55 PM #31
Did they give you pain killers? I sold most of mine to my sister, they made me feel groggy, hazy, and gross.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-12-07, 2:25 PM #32
I think that mine came in fine. That or they've not grown.

I'm not entirely sure because a few years ago I had teeth removed, and I'm not sure if they were my first molars or not. So I can't tell by counting. :P
nope.
2006-12-07, 3:47 PM #33
I only grew three in. Whatever they pumped into my arm made the whole operation seem like a beautiful dream :D . I healed up quite quickly afterward too. I think my painkillers are still kicking around.
2006-12-07, 9:45 PM #34
Originally posted by Ewoklover:
I was awake while i had all 4 of mine pulled. I was on two sleeping pills, vicatin, local numbing while, inhaling laughing gas and i was listeneing to pink floyd. It was fuuuuuuun :D

My recovery was very quick, within two days i had gone swimming in the ocean and was eating burnt toast.

Oh... my... god...

GENIUS! Pink Floyd... OK I'm totally doing that when I get my wisdom teeth pulled. I haven't had any pulled yet, but I think two of them are missing... I know they said something about missing wisdom teeth, so I know one or more are missing. Which is a good thing.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-12-07, 10:06 PM #35
Originally posted by Achelois:
Did they give you pain killers? I sold most of mine to my sister, they made me feel groggy, hazy, and gross.
You..... sold your pain killers to your sister? WTF?

I didn't take mine, either. But I didn't try to pawn it off to my siblings. ;)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-07, 10:08 PM #36
She's older, if that makes me seem less morally corrupt.

/me shrugs.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-12-07, 10:42 PM #37
Hydrocodone is wonderful.
2006-12-08, 8:50 AM #38
PAIN.

That's what my experience was like. (I couldn't handle the vicadin)
2006-12-08, 9:37 AM #39
why cant people spell vicodin? seriously. its a codeine derivative. why would it be spelled with an a?

i had all four taken out at once. i was put under for it.

then i got an infection.

i was in pain for like 3 weeks.

and yes, Hydrocodone rocks.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-12-09, 9:18 AM #40
im getting all 4 of mine taken out in a few weeks
free(jin);
tofu sucks

↑ Up to the top!