Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Door to Door Atheist
Door to Door Atheist
2006-12-05, 6:36 PM #1
<3
2006-12-05, 7:00 PM #2
Hahahahahahahaha!!!
Pissed Off?
2006-12-05, 7:14 PM #3
The lecture started funny but got pretty ranty and dull, otherwise I thought the door-to-door stuff was more harassment than comedy.
2006-12-05, 7:16 PM #4
And that makes it funny :P

Secret Jesus
2006-12-05, 8:28 PM #5
I don't remember the part in the New Testement where Jesus said unto his flock "Go around and annoy the **** out of people by bashing on their door."
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-05, 11:21 PM #6
If spe doesn't find it funny...
2006-12-05, 11:30 PM #7
This video is humorous. Mormons harbor a lot of double standards, and door-to-door belief-pushers are one of them. They're just dandy while condoning door-to-door activities in their own church, but they won't give other door-to-door activists the time of day! They're even less tolerant of them than normal people are.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-06, 10:40 AM #8
The best part was when the old guy starts hitting them with the broom.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-12-06, 11:10 AM #9
hahaha gold
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-12-06, 3:42 PM #10
That "I don't care" attitude sickens me.

I'm not Mormon, and I don't believe what they believe, but I have enough patience to understand what they are doing and show them kindness.
2006-12-06, 3:53 PM #11
Kindness? I don't. They, and all the other religious groups like them, annoy the hell out of me. What right do they have to come to my house and start preaching to me? I usually either tell them how ridiculous their religion is or if I'm busy I just shut the door on them.

Quote:

Why? I think it's a very civilised attitude. Basically "don't bother me and I wont bother you."
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-12-06, 3:57 PM #12
I'm of the opinion that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.
2006-12-06, 4:12 PM #13
Originally posted by Axis:

I'm not Mormon, and I don't believe what they believe, but I have enough patience to understand what they are doing and show them kindness.

So, you've stood in your doorway and listened to a Mormon tell you that's you're going to hell because you don't happen to believe what they do after you have told them very kindly that you're busy or not interested? Sorry, but that kind behavior isn't okay. They fail to understand the meaning of "No".
Pissed Off?
2006-12-06, 4:39 PM #14
I've never had mormons come around here, but we get plenty of Jehovah's Witnesses. It's pretty amusing to bust out a Bible and nonchalantly explain to them why their religion is a heretical cult.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-12-06, 4:44 PM #15
Originally posted by Avenger:
So, you've stood in your doorway and listened to a Mormon tell you that's you're going to hell because you don't happen to believe what they do after you have told them very kindly that you're busy or not interested? Sorry, but that kind behavior isn't okay. They fail to understand the meaning of "No".

No, I invited them inside and we talked for awhile, they came back every thursday for a few weeks and they explained to me with detail what their religion was about. After listening to them, I politely told them that I could not agree with what they taught, and why, and then they left. Haven't heard from them since.

[edit] Actually, I think they asked a neighbor of ours how we had been doing. Seemed like a nice gesture on their part.
2006-12-06, 4:50 PM #16
I'm of the opinion that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

And I'm of the opinion that the world will go to hell in a handbasket because of people with "good intentions."
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-12-06, 4:55 PM #17
Aye. People's "good intentions" are completely sujective and can be viewed as completely evil by others.

No, I invited them inside and we talked for awhile, they came back every thursday for a few weeks and they explained to me with detail what their religion was about. After listening to them, I politely told them that I could not agree with what they taught, and why, and then they left. Haven't heard from them since.

[edit] Actually, I think they asked a neighbor of ours how we had been doing. Seemed like a nice gesture on their part.

Just so you know, that's not the typical way things will go. :)
Pissed Off?
2006-12-06, 4:57 PM #18
Right. ;)

↑ Up to the top!