Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Isn't it sad how some game's MP are so horribly neglected?
Isn't it sad how some game's MP are so horribly neglected?
2004-07-09, 7:56 AM #1
I sure am because it is sad how games like the NOLF series and Elite Force 2 never have any games that exceed three active servers. To think of all that hard work the game devs put into the MP modes and no one plays them at all. If these games were on fire when they were first released and simply just died down, then that isn't too bad but when games (like I mentioned above) NEVER took off with a bang, then that is just sad. Anyone know of any other games that suffer from this fate?

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378

[This message has been edited by SavageX378 (edited July 09, 2004).]
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-07-09, 7:58 AM #2
Actually, NOLF2 wasn't really focused on MP. When you first install the game, it only has Co-Op. Only later in a patch did they add 1 or 2 MP modes.

Otherwise, I would agree with you.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-07-09, 8:02 AM #3
Mysteries of the Sith?

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-07-09, 8:03 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bobbert006:
Mysteries of the Sith

</font>

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-09, 8:09 AM #5
Gaints: Citizen Kabuto. One of the best multiplayer modes ever, and noone plays it. Tis sad.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-07-09, 8:20 AM #6
The mp in black and white was neglected, but why, i mean who doesnt want to destroy your best friends life force with a huge natural laser beam

------------------
Here lies the body of speedy john, the motorbike stopped but he went on
nope.
2004-07-09, 8:46 AM #7
This is why I buy games like UT2k4 and City of Heroes [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-07-09, 12:33 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
This is why I buy games like UT2k4 and City of Heroes [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

</font>

Let's hope City of Heroes doesn't have a neglected MP, it being an MMOG and all. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein
2004-07-09, 4:16 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mscbuck:
Actually, NOLF2 wasn't really focused on MP. When you first install the game, it only has Co-Op. Only later in a patch did they add 1 or 2 MP modes.

Otherwise, I would agree with you.

</font>

Uhh... Co-Op is still considered MP. But that is far from the point. The point is the AMOUNT of PLAYERS actively playing the game ONLINE.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://geocities.com/savagex378
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-07-09, 4:51 PM #10
no one plays JO/JA

There are servers yeah, but they are really just "filled" with a few guys hanging out/wasting time or "hacking".

bleh.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-07-09, 4:53 PM #11
i haven't had much trouble finding people to play against in NOLF it's just that if one server sucks it's hard to find another server to play on because usually it's a handful of empty servers and one or two servers that have people playing

there are some games that should have more people playing but don't

and then there is the occasional game that should have people playing and people want to play but the game lags horribly and the developer has practically abandoned it and isn't gonna bother with patches

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-09, 4:56 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by saberopus:
no one plays JO/JA

There are servers yeah, but they are really just "filled" with a few guys hanging out/wasting time or "hacking".

bleh.

</font>

Aint that the truth. I occasionaly can get in a game where ppl actually fight.

------------------
You have to look at the big picture. We (as a country) spend more tax money dealing with MS blunders than we do on the software itself. And guess who MS's largest customer is? You guessed it, the government! - Brian
My Personal Site | Remnant Temple Part A | A work in progress
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-07-09, 8:13 PM #13
TRON 2.0

6 servers max, even 2 weeks after release

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!