Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Logos!
Logos!
2006-12-08, 1:15 PM #1
I see the holiday logos are up and running. Nice :)

I think i'll work on one.

Edit: And now they've stopped :confused:
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-12-08, 1:16 PM #2
Forums lost the link to "home" when I added them, working on it. Damn, the vbulletin code really, really sucks.
2006-12-08, 1:21 PM #3
There we go. It looks so odd.
2006-12-08, 1:22 PM #4
They don't show up in Olive.

:(
nope.
2006-12-08, 1:23 PM #5
I have to start on mine :P
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-12-08, 1:24 PM #6
Originally posted by Baconfish:
They don't show up in Olive.

:(

Meh, someone uses that?
2006-12-08, 1:25 PM #7
Some even use that blue and white one
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-12-08, 1:26 PM #8
About 1/3 of members or something according to all the polls people have made.

Seriously, it's so much easier on the eyes.
nope.
2006-12-08, 1:27 PM #9
Originally posted by Jep:
Some even use that blue and white one

I was just looking at that. See, I didn't even realize it existed till now. I like the logo on the corporate one :) I also like how the freaking buttons actually show up instead of looking like white text with a very dull green border that's hard to see on a monitor with the color adjusted properly.
2006-12-08, 5:03 PM #10
eh?

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/Echoness101/echo_noooo.jpg]

where do you submit it?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-12-08, 6:19 PM #11
I like it!
2006-12-08, 7:59 PM #12
If this is already in the que, ignore it, but I didn't see it while looking over the old logos, so on behalf of The Mega_ZZTer (who I believe is the one who did the logo), here's something for this year:
Attachment: 14740/massassiholidaylogo1.jpg (51,198 bytes)
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-12-08, 8:36 PM #13
Yes I did make that, yes you can use it. I recall Geb not liking it because he didn't think it was Christmassy enough... I think I was sad about that because I did those white snow pixels individually. :o

2006-12-08, 8:59 PM #14
Well, the problem might be that people might not get what it means.
2006-12-08, 9:08 PM #15
Pfft, whatever. The only problem I see with it is that it might not be readable enough. In any case, I now have my own submission:
Attachment: 14741/1massassiholiday2006.jpg (53,375 bytes)
2006-12-08, 9:11 PM #16
I still don't get it. :confused:
2006-12-08, 9:19 PM #17
Originally posted by Echoman:
I still don't get it. :confused:

Uh, there's nothing to "get." A green goo is just being given a christmas present. What's there to get? All I did was alter a panel from the NeS comic so that the girl is giving a wrapped present instead of a hot dog.

As for MZZT's, it's a little more understandable, because you have to make the connection that the Hall of Heroes is inside the Big Ben (though I noticed that MZZT actually wrote out "Hall of Heroes" on it, but it's hard to see). Beyond that, it's just a silly scene. Again, nothing to "get."
2006-12-08, 10:01 PM #18
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Uh, there's nothing to "get." A green goo is just being given a christmas present. What's there to get? All I did was alter a panel from the NeS comic so that the girl is giving a wrapped present instead of a hot dog.

What I'm trying to say is I don't know who these guys are, what the slug is and what are they doing. Thus, I'm missing some information I need to know to understand the scene.

If you showed me a brief clip of a movie that featured a zombie version of Carl Sagan, dressed up in a clown suit handing a pie to a talking dog, I would respond "Wow. What is happening?" Because there must be more to the clip that I need to know. An answer of " it's zombie Carl Sagan, dressed up in a clown suit handing a pie to a talking dog" wouldn't be adequete.
2006-12-08, 10:03 PM #19
I thought the title said Legos! :(

I use the olive theme, as was mentioned it's much easier on the eyes.
2006-12-08, 10:34 PM #20
Originally posted by Echoman:
What I'm trying to say is I don't know who these guys are, what the slug is and what are they doing. Thus, I'm missing some information I need to know to understand the scene.

If you showed me a brief clip of a movie that featured a zombie version of Carl Sagan, dressed up in a clown suit handing a pie to a talking dog, I would respond "Wow. What is happening?" Because there must be more to the clip that I need to know. An answer of " it's zombie Carl Sagan, dressed up in a clown suit handing a pie to a talking dog" wouldn't be adequete.

I disagree that you need to know who they are, what the "slug" is and what they were doing in the original context -- what matters is that it can be understood in its own context (the "slug" is being given a christmas present). There's a rather simple suggestion being made that the "slug" is Massassi (they're both green and, uh, lovely...) though that is not important. It's also relevant to this site because it's a scene from the NeS story on the Interactive Story Board here on the forums, but again, that's not necessary to understand as said before. There are a lot of holiday logos that have been submitted that require far more outside context than even this.

If you wish to see the original comic strip the logo borrowed from, you can see it here:

http://nes.sorrowind.net/comic.php?id=34

In answer to your questions (not that it would help), the girl is Miss Fire, the robot is named Galvatron and the guy is Gebohq. The "slug" is a glob of leftovers Galvatron threw away a few strips beforehand, and it is alive. The original context of the panel is really that Miss Fire is feeding the living leftover-goo-thing out of curiosity. I'm sorry if the Interactive Story Board is not mainstream enough for you. -_-
2006-12-09, 7:54 AM #21
This one looks like Vader's swearing: :P
Attachment: 14745/sajn_master-2005-1.jpg (45,938 bytes)
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-12-09, 8:10 AM #22
I disagree that you need to know who they are, what the "slug" is and what they were doing in the original context -- what matters is that it can be understood in its own context (the "slug" is being given a christmas present). There's a rather simple suggestion being made that the "slug" is Massassi (they're both green and, uh, lovely...) though that is not important. It's also relevant to this site because it's a scene from the NeS story on the Interactive Story Board here on the forums, but again, that's not necessary to understand as said before. There are a lot of holiday logos that have been submitted that require far more outside context than even this.

You disagree with my need to know? :confused:

I understand that, within the context of the scene, that there is holiday cheer is going on. But what "don't get" is what the context is about, and due to the importance of context, even these small banners, for humor or holiday fun, I feel left out. I'm presented by new characters: a blond woman, a cute slug and a robot. I try to remember if I ever seen these people in popular culture of somewhere. Then I try to see if they are comic renderings of people on the forums. And so on. Seeing that I couldn't recall these people into my mind, I was defeated due to my lack of knowledge and surrender by stating "I don't get it."

Like in my analogy of the (un)dead pie-giving astronomer. If that movie was shown for pi day, people wouldn't just say "oh, that's a pie." An interesting yet unusual scene is presented, people want to know more or else they feel like they are missing something important. Now for example, if you had a banner that lined up all the characters from the NeS in holiday celebration and had the words "The ISB wishes you a Merry Christmas," I wouldn't have said "I don't get it." The context is described in one simple, solid statement.

I'm not trying to be an a** by arguing this issue, I'm just backing my confusion.
2006-12-09, 11:09 AM #23
Just a note, new logos should be emailed to holiday@massassi.net so mscbuck can post them on the page and into rotation.
2006-12-09, 12:53 PM #24
I still disagree with your line of thinking, but it's really a moot point now. I originally avoided having said something like "The Interactive Story Board wishes you blah blah blah" because I didn't want to be spam-y, but I'm probably going to squeeze a "From everyone at the Interactive Story Board" in there now, and also decorate the black side borders with something before submitting.
2006-12-09, 4:41 PM #25
Come now, I bet others would think the same way.
2006-12-09, 7:12 PM #26
Here's the revised version, which I'm submitting. I may try and get a revised version of MZZT's made to submit too, but that'll be harder to do.
Attachment: 14747/1massassiholiday2006.jpg (48,047 bytes)
2006-12-09, 9:51 PM #27
doot doot
Attachment: 14748/genkigenki.jpg (24,894 bytes)
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-12-09, 10:27 PM #28
Attachment: 14749/CoaF.jpg (63,968 bytes)
Attachment: 14750/massassilogo.jpg (81,589 bytes)
Think while it's still legal.
2006-12-10, 1:12 PM #29
Echoman -- e-mail your submission! It's one of the funniest I've seen, and it still makes me chuckle.
2006-12-10, 2:23 PM #30
Why was only one of mine posted? :(
2006-12-10, 2:41 PM #31
Echoman -- e-mail your submission! It's one of the funniest I've seen, and it still makes me chuckle.

I just did. I just got lazy. :(
2006-12-10, 2:42 PM #32
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Why was only one of mine posted? :([/QUOTE]

Probably overused joke?
2006-12-10, 5:04 PM #33
I doubt it. Either way it isn't their decision on if its funny enough to post. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be posted unless they just missed it.
2006-12-10, 5:11 PM #34
Maybe they didn't like it being specific to the forums?

The only other reason I can think is that it was a bit dull-looking. No forum-planes, no christmas-snakes... I dunno.
2006-12-10, 8:25 PM #35
In the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was God.

Oh, not that kind of Logos.
:master::master::master:
2006-12-11, 4:11 AM #36
Mine is on t3h frontpage

[http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/petmc20/PetmcLogo2.gif]
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-12-11, 7:34 AM #37
Here's the revised version, which I'm submitting. I may try and get a revised version of MZZT's made to submit too, but that'll be harder to do.

Dude... you wrapped a hotdog in christmas paper? :o
2006-12-11, 8:15 AM #38
Originally posted by Jep:
Dude... you wrapped a hotdog in christmas paper? :o

:D
2006-12-11, 8:19 AM #39
Well I guess that is a fitting gift for a spaceslime to boot.
2006-12-11, 8:37 AM #40
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]I doubt it. Either way it isn't their decision on if its funny enough to post. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be posted unless they just missed it.[/QUOTE]
Why isnt it our decision? We run the site dont we? :p
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.

↑ Up to the top!