Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The General Purpose Wii Megathread
The General Purpose Wii Megathread
2006-12-08, 1:10 PM #1
[Sorry Veger :( Stupid forums.

Ok. We have had like 24390529347509769347693 different threads about Wii with topics covering the whole spectrum. I made this thread to talk about everything and anything regarding the Wii. For starters I've merged Veger's thread in with this one. So you can continue from there or move on to another topic.]

**** no!

I waited in line since 8 AM, I was # 3 in line at EB games, they said "we're getting 9 in today, and the delivery guy is usually here at 11:30."
Around 12:30, the guy shows up, and all he has are wii accessories. The EB games guy said "Try back on monday"
Yet most the other EB games stores nearby both gave out tickets instead of made people wait in line till noon, AND they got them in.

5 hours wasted, going back to bed.

*pout*

[edit]
The guy told us that he got an e-mail they were coming in, they were in his log, and his manger told him they were coming in.
Yet they didn't come
*cry*
[/edit]
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-12-08, 1:11 PM #2
Post in one of the other 10 wii threads next time.
2006-12-08, 1:18 PM #3
Sorry, I didn't see any other threads with "wii" in the name.

On the cool/plus side, I met a level designer for WOW: Burning Crusade. He worked at the Blizzard HQ over in Irvine.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-12-08, 1:19 PM #4
Originally posted by Rob:
Post in one of the other 10 wii threads next time.

Go complain in one of the other 10 wii threads next time.
2006-12-08, 1:23 PM #5
I am happy because my brother found the only wii remote in the entire county and bought it for me for my birthday! Woohoo. Too bad excite truck isn't as cool in MP mode. I'm going to have to pick up another MP game (wii sports is so lame).
2006-12-08, 1:31 PM #6
I got to play Excite Truck on the demo in the store, it was a very steep learning curve for me, but when I sorta got the hang of it, I liked it.
2006-12-08, 1:36 PM #7
Originally posted by Veger:
I got to play Excite Truck on the demo in the store, it was a very steep learning curve for me, but when I sorta got the hang of it, I liked it.

There was a whole thread about this, I felt the same way as you when I started, but after a few days, the controls are totally awesome.
2006-12-08, 1:44 PM #8
I was at Ebgames today browsing the used games and then someone bought a Wii, and then some more, then I asked how many they had left, and they had one, but I didnt have enough money:( So yeah.
2006-12-08, 2:04 PM #9
Heh, I got up early to get it. At 9:30 they started with 144 units. When I was at school I talked a schoolfellow into phoning the store and asking how many were left. They had 20, that was at 10:30. He drove there and arrived at about 10:45. He saw a guy at the cash desk with the last Wii under his arm. Everything sold out in not even 1.5 hours.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-12-08, 3:07 PM #10
I plan on picking one up Sunday morning from Best Buy. I called and a nice fellow by the name of Alex said I would have a good chance of getting one if I came in the morning. :)
2006-12-08, 3:25 PM #11
Lame, now its gonna be all confusing to read.

o.0
2006-12-08, 3:25 PM #12
It's about the wii. If that confuses people, they deserve to be confused.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-12-08, 3:26 PM #13
Yeah I don't think I thought this out properly...

Well...a temporary fix...
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-12-08, 3:28 PM #14
Except that, now we're going to have a bunch of different blocks of thread in one thread, which means the first ones all got killed.

o.0
2006-12-08, 3:31 PM #15
Well I'm just starting off with the latest thread.

Ok ok. I fracked up. I didn't read the part where it said it would insert them in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. Ergo my post would be last.

At least hopefully people won't ***** about all the Wii threads.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-12-08, 3:34 PM #16
For people who are lost and confused, here's a recap of all the Wii threads being combined:
Some Americans, Europeans, and Australians got a Wii. Some people are still trying to find a Wii. So far, everyone is happy with their Wii. If you have anything else you'd like to share about your experiences with a Wii, please share.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-12-08, 3:40 PM #17
I think its completely idiotic that it should be one thread, its not like every thread was about Wii.. There was what, 2 on the first page? Thats not exactly going to kill anyone.

o.0
2006-12-08, 3:42 PM #18
Suggestion: Close thread, try again.
2006-12-08, 3:47 PM #19
Originally posted by Greenboy:
I think its completely idiotic that it should be one thread, its not like every thread was about Wii.. There was what, 2 on the first page? Thats not exactly going to kill anyone.

No, not every thread was about the Wii, but we're at, what, one new one every other day? Every three days? Why can't people just discuss things in a single Wii thread? Is it that important to start a new thread simply because you're discussing Wii's in America even though the Wii thread was started by a European or visa versa?
omnia mea mecum porto

↑ Up to the top!