Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Blimey!
Blimey!
2006-12-08, 6:36 PM #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/6206738.stm

It's a disaster! The plane is broken! The hatch won't close and we're all terribly terribly uncomfortable! How can we fix the plane?

Ah ha! We're British! Tally ho, by jove just plug the offending blighter with the bally teapot old boy!

A tea pot? They fixed a plane with a teapot. What the hell was a teapot doing on a military aircraft anyway?

*sigh*
幻術
2006-12-08, 6:37 PM #2
404'd
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-12-08, 6:38 PM #3
Considering the planes are called Nimrods...

However, teapots are now apparently not only good for making yummy liquids, they also save lives.

o.0
2006-12-08, 6:39 PM #4
Yay, apparently, the page is down. But no worries mates, just check any of the first Google search results.
幻術
2006-12-08, 6:43 PM #5
Hehehe. Silly Brits with their (#)teapot(s). It doesn't surprise me that they had one though. The Nimrod is a fairly sizable plane, and it makes sense that they would have some way of making tea. It was probably an electric teapot. I'm sure American crews on some of the larger planes have coffeemakers, so they'd use a coffeepot instead.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-12-08, 7:57 PM #6
Originally posted by Koobie:
A tea pot? They fixed a plane with a teapot. What the hell was a teapot doing on a military aircraft anyway?

They're Brits. I know it sounds like a joke, but it's not.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-08, 8:28 PM #7
I don't understand why people who name an airline company "Nimrod"? Is Nimrod a respectable name in the UK?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-12-08, 8:51 PM #8
It's not a company, it's an aircraft model.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-12-09, 12:11 AM #9
Damn teaboys.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-12-09, 1:18 AM #10
It would've been a metal teapot - there's no such thing in Britland as an electric teapot - those marvellous water boiling thingies are called kettles :P

↑ Up to the top!