Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Fountain (movie)
The Fountain (movie)
2006-12-09, 6:16 PM #1
What in the s*** just happened?

I had to watch the movie for a Contemporary Film class I'm taking, and lets just say, I have no idea what happened.

I mean.. I grep the three basic storylines, and I figured out that it's the same guy throughout all of the times? storylines? Maybe?

I found that parts were way too predictable, and others were just "what in the hell?" sort of scenes. I figured out that it was the Tree of Life pretty much 7 minutes into the movie. And then at the end, I knew something bad was happen as the melodramatic, slow, putting the ring on the finger scene was started.

I don't know, what did you think? I wouldn't say it was bad, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-09, 6:35 PM #2
Rated PG-13 by The Onion for sexuality and freaky-a** s*** that will blow your mind.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-12-09, 6:38 PM #3
Oh yeah! That reminds me, I totally called the "falling into the bathtub" bit too.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-12-09, 11:48 PM #4
I really liked this movie. A lot. I'd go see it again.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-10, 11:04 AM #5
I haven't seen it, but I've been listening to the soundtrack nonstop.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-12-10, 9:10 PM #6
The soundtrack and the movie were excellent.
2006-12-11, 6:42 AM #7
Apparently the movie bombed so bad that it only lasted 2 weeks in theaters here. So I can't see it.
2006-12-11, 7:29 AM #8
Originally posted by Whelly:
I haven't seen it, but I've been listening to the soundtrack nonstop.

twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-12-11, 4:27 PM #9
I liked it. It was very abstract though.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF

↑ Up to the top!