Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → You know you've been playing too much Gears of War when...
You know you've been playing too much Gears of War when...
2006-12-09, 11:27 PM #1
You start running for light on your way home from your friend's house.

Just got done playing about 4-5 hours of that game with a friend, and my god, that game is awesome. If it were a 360 exclusive, I'd totally be buying one. As is I'll just wait for the PC version and enjoy it then.

I know this is a bit late, but man, that game was awesome.
D E A T H
2006-12-09, 11:33 PM #2
The co-op is quite good but I don't much care for the multiplayer.
2006-12-09, 11:34 PM #3
I'm fed up with the game because my housemates play it all the time and stop me getting any sleep.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-12-10, 12:22 AM #4
I found that game to be decidedly average. There's nothing majorly wrong with it, it's just nothing special.

Co-op in R6:Vegas is much more involving and fun.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-12-10, 7:58 AM #5
I'd love to play the co-op with my gaming friend, but alas for neither us nor any of our friends have a 360. I also can't wait to play Double Agent co-op.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-12-10, 11:30 AM #6
Double Agent doesn't have coop.
2006-12-10, 11:43 AM #7
Man, Yoshi, I gotta agree with you, the game AND co-op are decidedly very awesome. Even if the Krills idea was ripped right out of Pitch Black (Riddick movie) its still totally awesome.

A friend and I settled down to play it friday night at 11:00 PM and played through the night and the game until 8:00 AM when we finally beat it on Hardcore. The funny thing is, he and I were actually only planning to play the game until midnight, just so he could see how it was. Ended up telling his girlfriend to go home without him we beat the game from A to Z.

VERY awesome action and I personally really enjoy the multiplayer also. Warzone mode in Gridlock map is AWESOME.

Edit : Oh and you also know you've been playing too much Gears of War when you are flanking walls and flipping over desks to get to your bedroom.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-12-10, 3:23 PM #8
The game rocks. My only complaints are that it's a little short, and the AI for your teammates is a little rough, but neither really takes that much away from the games awesomeness.

I've only played co-op a little bit, but I've beaten the game by myself on Casual, Hardcore, and I'm about 3/4ths of the way through on Insane.
2006-12-10, 3:43 PM #9
You know you've been playing too much Gears of War when you start seeing the gear-and-skull icon every time you close your eyes. True story.

I managed to get through Hardcore on my own. When my friend gets home from school, our goal is to beat the game on Insane.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-12-10, 3:57 PM #10
Me and my friend are such d***s wehn we play on live.

We hid behind pillars at the spawn points and ambush the enemy when they come looking.

6-0 is a common sight for us :P
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-12-10, 5:10 PM #11
Pet, my team would chew you to bits. And just 6 matches? That's lame. We play to 19. You people who think the multiplay sucks probably tried to play it run-n-gun and got your *** kicked.

In fact, I'm going to go play it right now.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-12-10, 5:27 PM #12
Originally posted by petmc20:
Me and my friend are such d***s wehn we play on live.

We hid behind pillars at the spawn points and ambush the enemy when they come looking.

6-0 is a common sight for us :P

Spawn camping is lame.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-10, 5:43 PM #13
correct me if im wrong, but i heard microsoft wasnt going to make it for the pc at all
Matt
2006-12-10, 7:51 PM #14
Absolutely cannot wait to play this game. My best friend got it for me for Christmas, and my girlfriend is getting a 360. She's giving it to me Dec 20th, my final day of exams. Me and my friend are going to play the living **** out of it over the break.

As for coming out for PC, I'm pretty sure it's a 360 exclusive. Maybe it'll be released for PC in a couple years like Halo was, not sure.
2006-12-11, 7:03 AM #15
Originally posted by Aglar:
Absolutely cannot wait to play this game. My best friend got it for me for Christmas, and my girlfriend is getting a 360. She's giving it to me Dec 20th, my final day of exams. Me and my friend are going to play the living **** out of it over the break.

As for coming out for PC, I'm pretty sure it's a 360 exclusive. Maybe it'll be released for PC in a couple years like Halo was, not sure.

The game takes about 8 hours (including a few breaks) to beat on cooperative at the hardcore setting, so you wont have that much content to play the **** out of, except if you connect to live and play with people. Warzone is really great.

If you do connect to live, gimmie a shout up so we can team up and kick some ***.
2006-12-11, 1:28 PM #16
Yeah, we plan to go on live after we've beat the SP. Anyway, once we get sick of that I have four other games I'll be getting, so we're covered.

Also, gaming experiences last a lot longer when you play them while drinking.
2006-12-11, 1:29 PM #17
Originally posted by Aglar:
Yeah, we plan to go on live after we've beat the SP. Anyway, once we get sick of that I have four other games I'll be getting, so we're covered.

Also, gaming experiences last a lot longer when you play them while drinking.

Agreed.

↑ Up to the top!