Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Talk me out of buying an iAudio T2
Talk me out of buying an iAudio T2
2006-12-11, 9:17 PM #1
This little guy seems to have everything I want. It'll play all my formats as well as letting me listen to and record FM stations. And it's about the size of a 9-volt battery. $130 shipped from NewEgg for the 2 GB model.

I don't mind the relatively small capacity...I figure using mostly songs encoded with Ogg Vorbis, I could get about 35 albums on there (taking into account formatted capacity). And the battery life is more than enough since I'll never be out for more than a few hours at a time with it.

I think it's pretty good for all the technology crammed into a small package. Any other suggestions? It would have to be small. Nano is out of the question because it won't play half of my music collection. And it's too expensive. Shuffle is out of the question because it won't play half my music collection and doesn't have a display. This seems like pretty good bang for buck.

Edit: Oh! I forgot about Samsung's players. Trouble is I can't find them anywhere, and they'll probably be more expensive. :(
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-12-11, 9:21 PM #2
I see no reason to talk you out of it.
My blawgh.
2006-12-11, 9:22 PM #3
I'm thinking of it this way: $130 is halfway to a nice videocard for my new system to be built sometime by February.
2006-12-11, 9:23 PM #4
$130 for only 2 gigs seems to be the bad part
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-12-11, 9:25 PM #5
Dont buy it. Youd much rather give that money to me!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-12-11, 9:33 PM #6
Originally posted by genk:
$130 for only 2 gigs seems to be the bad part

The iPod Nano is more expensive for the same capacity...Unless you refer to the fact that it's not as good a value as a hard drive player, which is true, but I don't like the size of those.
2006-12-11, 9:44 PM #7
That is a cool little MP3 player.
2006-12-11, 10:22 PM #8
it's... a necklace.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-12-12, 12:21 AM #9
WTF, why did you have to show that to me?!? With my new computer and the Wii I just can't afford another new technical gimmick!
I like the design, looks like an small old Walkman.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-12-12, 12:59 AM #10
Sounds almost the same as my SanDisk Sansa c150. Cept I don't know how much mine cost.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-12-12, 1:34 AM #11
And except that the c150 can't play OGG or FLAC.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-12-12, 4:04 AM #12
Looks like a good buy to me.
2006-12-12, 6:20 AM #13
Does it have gapless playback? That's always a deal breaker for me.

Looks pretty nice though.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-12-12, 6:26 AM #14
First thing:
Your asking a forum of nurds, geeks and others to talk you out of buying a gadget, somehow I think your going to get more "buy it"'s than "don't buy it".

Secoundly:
That thing looks ace, pity I'm broke.
2006-12-12, 1:56 PM #15
Originally posted by Malus:
Does it have gapless playback? That's always a deal breaker for me.

I'm not sure. Cowon is known for such features, but it's probably available only on their full sized HDD players. I like gapless playback, but I'll be using it while exercising most of the time and I won't really care. If it doesn't support it now, it may with a future firmware release.
2006-12-12, 4:33 PM #16
Okay, I just pulled the trigger with NewEgg. I'll be sure to post my thoughts here when I get it.

↑ Up to the top!