Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Is 7:26 AM...
Is 7:26 AM...
2006-12-15, 4:30 AM #1
And I am on the verge of slipping into plissful unconciousness.

Last day of school, and its my second day with only 5 hours of sleep on the first.

So, um, yea. Post your all-nighter stories (mine involves a copy of Solidworks 2006 and a rediculously difficult design, but that's not important).

I appologise for any spelling mistakes. I'm not the most coherent person on the face of the Earth right now.
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2006-12-15, 5:08 AM #2
I've been up for a lot longer than I meant to be browsing through wikipedia mostly. Right now I'm having some cereal, then I'll probably try sleeping.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-12-15, 5:23 AM #3
Hmmm, last year I stayed up until like 3am doing homework, then I had some pie :D It made it all worth it.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-12-15, 5:45 AM #4
Just last weekend I played xbox 360 all night with a friend, ended up not sleeping from friday 4 AM to sunday 2 AM. Ya ya ya, its not a school all nighter but I haven't been to school in 6 years, lemme alone with my funny tales of 360 love with Gears of Waa.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-12-15, 5:55 AM #5
I was just up all night, my sleep pattern is screwed up and has been for the last... 12-13 years or so. Time to get breakfast and then ride my bike to school for the last time this semester (finally!).
2006-12-15, 6:24 AM #6
Haven't pulled an all nighter since Uni days.

Most recent time I've stayed up really late was when next door were having a party. I couldn't sleep through the noise, so I got up and tidied the house. This was at 3am.
2006-12-15, 7:05 AM #7
Um, second year of uni, doing a group project.

Got up at 11am on the wednesday, went straight to the labs to start coding, finally walked home (in the snow) at 3am friday morning (about 5 hours after my other group members had left). Then woke up for midday, played some ultimate and then went back to the labs for more coding because the deadline had been extended

Fourth year of uni, another group project

Had approximately 5,000 words to write before a midday deadline along with finishing the actual code, doing testing and putting together the CD. Wasn't as bad as in the 2nd year, but i'd already done numerous all-nighters on the project

Fourth year of uni, final exams

Came out of a 3 hour exam at midday, went straight home to start learning for an exam the next morning (from scratch, i literally hadn't attended any of the lectures or read the notes), stayed up the entire time to learn, finally got a short nap at midday after the second exam. Didn't do too great in it though

For another exam, started learning at about 11pm for the 9am exam, it was on compiler design (for this one I hadn't even signed up for the course until 6 months after it finished, so I was seeing all this material for the first time too), stayed up all night, got one of the best exam marks of my degree.

2am, night before my final exam. Had previously decided the exam would be fairly easy and was far too tired to consider learning anything. Took a look at the material and realised it was actually rather difficult. Started learning (yet again from scratch), flatmates who'd finished exams came back drunk at 4am for a brief distraction then it was cramming until the exam, after which I collapsed for a few hours and then went out to get drunk. Got a pretty good mark in that one too.

I did most of these without any energy drinks or stay-awake voodoo and didn't fall asleep at any point.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-12-15, 8:20 AM #8
Man Detty, thats some long time to be awake. I can't do stuff like that. Just last weekend left me unbalanced and crap faced for several days.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-12-15, 8:43 AM #9
I stay awake for 24-36 hours at a time and then crash for 12. Frequently. Today being one of those days, but that's because I stayed up all night beating Doom3 and i have a job interview in a little over 3 hours.

(Also: wow @ Detty )

[Edit: I got teh job. YAY FAST FOOD.]
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-12-15, 9:34 AM #10
It's not a good thing though, I didn't feel too tired in the exams, because by that point the adrenaline will keep you awake no problem but immediately before the exams i felt terrible.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-12-15, 9:43 AM #11
I have never been able to skip a night of sleep before. No matter how much I want to. I always have to get at least 3 hours of sleep. The best I've ever done is put it off until 7 am the night of my graduation party.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-15, 9:57 AM #12
I was up until 2:30 playing Final Fantasy IX.

Edit: last night.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-12-15, 11:18 AM #13
A few years back, last week of school, big research paper and two big lab reports due at the end of the week. Pulled a couple of all nighters that week. That lack of sleep had me seeing things that weren't there.
Pissed Off?
2006-12-15, 11:47 AM #14
all the time, i sleep random times, i got up at 6pm today.
2006-12-15, 1:02 PM #15
I slept 14 hours last night, just got home after finals. It was my recovery sleep, and it was damn good. I bet I coulda slept longer, but I was sorta prompted to wake.
2006-12-15, 1:29 PM #16
During my senior year in highschool I stayed up till 9:30 am working on some art which needed to be submitted the very next day. I went to school dropped off the art then went home and died.

. . .I missed a lot of school that year.
My blawgh.

↑ Up to the top!