Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → England cricket team forced to hand back OBEs
England cricket team forced to hand back OBEs
2006-12-18, 11:18 AM #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6190937.stm
^^^
Linky

(I wish - what a bunch of losers. If it was up to me they'd be made to give them back. To be honest, far too much fuss was made when they won the Ashes - for crying out loud we finished first in a two horse race for the first time in years and the country thought they'd bred heroes. More like a bunch of eejits.)
2006-12-18, 11:21 AM #2
I should be knighted.

I couldn't be called Sir FGR but it would be neat anyhow.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-12-18, 11:30 AM #3
Where is the part where I care?
2006-12-18, 11:36 AM #4
Originally posted by Rob:
Where is the part where I care?

Probably somewhere between the top of my legs and the bottom of my back. You don't have a monopoly on being a miserable git you know.
2006-12-18, 11:42 AM #5
Where is the part where I said I do?

Nevermind. Where is the part where I understand the exact nature of such lingo? I would assume it's negative. But I don't care anyways.
2006-12-18, 12:40 PM #6
The humiliation is not truely complete until we whitewash the series 5-0.

Some would say that scoreline is inevitable. I'm one of them :P
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-12-18, 1:03 PM #7
I simply cannot hear about this series without thinking of the Hitchhiker's Guide.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-12-18, 1:36 PM #8
Originally posted by Spork:

Except that people generally start to play with a lot more flair when they have nothing to lose.

Anyway Spork, I thought better of you, i didn't have you down as someone who likes to see people humiliated.

A real fan of cricket wants to see the last tests fought to the end, anything less is a missed opportunities for brilliance.

But I think cricket's boring anyway so I don't really care :p
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-12-18, 3:32 PM #9
Originally posted by Spork:

I am too, and have been since we won it back in our summer.
2006-12-18, 3:56 PM #10
Originally posted by Martyn:
(I wish - what a bunch of losers. If it was up to me they'd be made to give them back. To be honest, far too much fuss was made when they won the Ashes - for crying out loud we finished first in a two horse race for the first time in years and the country thought they'd bred heroes. More like a bunch of eejits.)

So true :p
/fluffle
2006-12-18, 5:22 PM #11
[QUOTE=Michael MacFarlane]I simply cannot hear about this series without thinking of the Hitchhiker's Guide.[/QUOTE]
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-12-18, 11:53 PM #12
Originally posted by Detty:
Except that people generally start to play with a lot more flair when they have nothing to lose.

Anyway Spork, I thought better of you, i didn't have you down as someone who likes to see people humiliated.

Australia is notoriously bad at dead rubbers. I think it's got something to do with the national habit of going out for a drink or two after a good win... Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if the series ends 3-2.

Oh, and not 'people' humilated, 'the English cricket team' :P
Mainly it comes down to Australia winning, though, but who doesnt enjoy a good dose of revenge?
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-12-19, 4:48 AM #13
Quote:
Warne has said he wants to play on until the 2009 Ashes in England.

That's the spirit warney.

One thing I found amusing was how most of the australian papers/news seemed to be backing Panesars inclusion in the side more than the english papers/news, and then he goes and takes 8 wickets in the 3rd test.

Full credit to the pommy supporters who came over here though, they were out in 40C heat cheering away for 5 days while england copped it.
2006-12-20, 12:31 PM #14
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20958083-5009880,00.html

:eek:

:(

:argh:
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-12-20, 7:06 PM #15
We only won it the first time around because the aus players couldnt catch a cold at the time, never mind a cricket ball.
2006-12-21, 6:06 AM #16
I spoke too soon...

Quote:
Brett Lee: No retirements ... yet
2006-12-21, 12:50 PM #17
The kicked in the nuts guy needs to do one where he terrorizes a cricket match.
Current Maps | Newest Map

↑ Up to the top!