Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Blocking flash ads.
Blocking flash ads.
2006-12-19, 8:06 AM #1
Flash ads are annoying, but there seems to be some that actually slow down my computer (I sometimes have to use my old laptop). So, what do you guys use to block flash ads? And good plug-ins?

I use Mozilla Firefox with this add-on to block those annoying ads. It blocks all flash on a site but allows you to click to view them. But it seems more and more flash ad are getting by.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-12-19, 8:21 AM #2
In Konqueror I can block ads by URL. Sometimes I have to look through the source of a page to find out what I have to block to really end it (most of the time some JavaScript stuff), but it works very well.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-12-19, 8:21 AM #3
Just Adblock.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-12-19, 8:26 AM #4
Adblock plus with Filterset G auto updater.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-12-19, 8:41 AM #5
I should look into this as well. Many flash ads are certainly a gross annoyance.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-12-19, 9:01 AM #6
Originally posted by Vegiemaster:
Adblock plus with Filterset G auto updater.

"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”

↑ Up to the top!