Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wait What?
Wait What?
2006-12-19, 8:26 PM #1
Good god i hope this ain't fake!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lucas-Classic-Line-X-Wing-Alliance/dp/B00005B4P8
If XWA is getting Re-Released i wonder what else will...
2006-12-19, 8:39 PM #2
Not exciting. You can still get the old one, only reason for a re-release is so it's a 'classic collection' item and they can charge more.

If there were a new Star Wars starfighter game for PC, I'd be stoked, however.
2006-12-19, 8:55 PM #3
amazon.co.uk? uk? :saddowns:
2006-12-19, 8:58 PM #4
Some other sites had Jk and Sam And max.
2006-12-19, 9:10 PM #5
You discovered Amazon.com. Good for you.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-12-19, 9:13 PM #6
No...I discovered Activision making a classics collection of old LA games.

Which might finally let me get XWA without using Ebay.
2006-12-19, 9:50 PM #7
....they have been making LucasArts "Classics" products for quite awhile.

Therefore, you discovered Amazon.com. Thank you.
2006-12-19, 9:51 PM #8
LEC has gotten so lame. They basically sit on an awesome franchise that you'd have to be an idiot not to succeeded with, ignore their customers telling them what they want, and develop mediocre games for last generation consoles. Now they're just re-releasing their good stuff that came out ten years ago for all the people who've lost their CDs. I can't remember even one exceptional game from them in years. Battlefront was a lame BF 1942 skin with crap graphics, RC was not bad, but forgettable, EaW wasn't terribly good as RTS's go and JA was a 50$ expansion. And those are only the "successes". They could make so much money if their stupid CEO's didn't sit back and think they know better than us what we want.
2006-12-19, 10:34 PM #9
Originally posted by Echoman:
....they have been making LucasArts "Classics" products for quite awhile.

Therefore, you discovered Amazon.com. Thank you.

Jesus Christ shut up. He discovered something that people might be interested in. Stop trolling his threads.
2006-12-20, 7:50 AM #10
KoTOR?
That wasn't really LEC, though.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-12-20, 8:10 AM #11
I just wish they would fix the graphical error with the font in some of the newer NVIDIA cards (For XWA). I hate the font patches too, they still look horrible...
2006-12-20, 10:09 AM #12
That true KoToR 1 was pretty good. KotoR 2 however had more bugs than a termite mound, so it's hard to know if there was a good game in there or not. I tend to think not.
2006-12-20, 10:23 AM #13
Um you can have my XWA, I thought that game was lame.
2006-12-20, 1:13 PM #14
Well, you suck.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2006-12-20, 1:16 PM #15
Tiberium, if you want I'll ship you my copy of xwa, I don't use it anyways and probably never will again.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-12-20, 1:45 PM #16
I find myself as one of those looking for the classic LucasArts games. I just re-installed the original X-Wing and Dark Forces, and have been thinking about getting the old adventure games like Monkey Island and The Dig.
2006-12-20, 2:04 PM #17
You guys are overlooking that Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith are being re-released together.... this could actually help us. Then again, it might not.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2006-12-20, 2:04 PM #18
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
LEC has gotten so lame. They basically sit on an awesome franchise that you'd have to be an idiot not to succeeded with, ignore their customers telling them what they want, and develop mediocre games for last generation consoles. Now they're just re-releasing their good stuff that came out ten years ago for all the people who've lost their CDs. I can't remember even one exceptional game from them in years. Battlefront was a lame BF 1942 skin with crap graphics, RC was not bad, but forgettable, EaW wasn't terribly good as RTS's go and JA was a 50$ expansion. And those are only the "successes". They could make so much money if their stupid CEO's didn't sit back and think they know better than us what we want.

Yeah, LEC sucks big these days. In short, they simply release half-baked products in short release intervals to capture the fanboy crowd and then make quick cash. Quantity over quality, they say. It's quite sad. I haven't purchased an LEC-affiliated product in 4 years (although I hear KOTOR was great, it's Bioware who did well). I can't see myself picking up one of their titles in the next 4 years.

At one time, I thought that Raven Software inserted some innuendo into JA. Take the name Rosh Penin, a main character. Swap the 's' in Rosh with the last 'n' in Penin. What do you get? Ronh (pronounced as Ron) Penis. Sounds like a joke to me.
2006-12-20, 2:18 PM #19
Despite how much I hate it, JA was successful. Republic Commando was good, EaW is actually decent, and SW:Battlefront 2 is actually a damn good game to waste time on console.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-12-20, 3:11 PM #20
So how come all this Lucas Classic Line is only on the Amazon UK site? Is it only an international release?
2006-12-20, 3:11 PM #21
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Despite how much I hate it, JA was successful. Republic Commando was good, EaW is actually decent, and SW:Battlefront 2 is actually a damn good game to waste time on console.[/QUOTE]
Speaks the truth.
2006-12-20, 4:31 PM #22
[QUOTE=Kievan Mereel]So how come all this Lucas Classic Line is only on the Amazon UK site? Is it only an international release?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, because we got this classic line thing a few years ago.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-12-20, 7:08 PM #23
I just saw one at Fred Meyer that had like 6 games in it, outcast was one, and some others, but I didn't pay attention when I saw there was no JK.
2006-12-20, 7:29 PM #24
Thats LAs "Best of PC" thing.
Even though it has NOTHING made before '01
Sucks.
2006-12-20, 8:40 PM #25
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Despite how much I hate it, JA was successful.[/QUOTE]

Successful in what way? It probably made them money and cost not much to develop.
2006-12-20, 9:24 PM #26
...Exactly?

↑ Up to the top!