Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Survival Log
Survival Log
2006-12-21, 12:16 PM #1
Well... I was bored, and it was late at night. So I decided to write this about the storm we had. Enjoy.

12/14/2006: Its 3:07 PM. We are moving about preparing the house for disaster. The torrential rains pelt the roof and windows. This rain is greater than any other that has been recorded in years. We are afraid of the water starting a mudslide down the hill in front of the house. The storm has reached us.

12/14/2006: Its 7:31 PM. There is nothing left to do but wait as the house is enveloped in an aura of darkness. The wall of sandbags we created as a safeguard to protect our garage from the cascading mudslide is breached. All that is standing between our garage and the forces of nature is a small drain designed to keep our driveway from flooding in light rain. Periodically we must go outside and sweep the seeping mud out of the garage. Hope is strong, though the winds are picking up.

12/14/2006: It is 8:13 PM. The wind has knocked out power. We are huddled near the fire to keep warm. Our long shadows are cast upon the walls as the fire crackles. The darkness is wrapped all around us, the fire momentarily fighting it back. I am falling asleep as I write this entry; I will need my strength for tomorrow.

12/15/2006: It is 7:43 AM. The dawn came, bleak and cold. The silence blanketing the landscape is broken with the sounds of hopeful souls repairing the devastation and preparing for the forthcoming days. I lift the blinds just slightly so that I may catch a glimpse of the apocalyptic scene outside. My father is standing adjacent to me, though when I look in his eyes I can see deep inside that he isn’t here with me. I must venture forth and assess the devastation in this now barren wasteland I once called a home.

12/15/2006: It is 3:18 PM. As the afternoon wears away, our front yard begins to take on its former appearance. The dirt is cleared from the driveway, branches that were strewn about have been removed, and the riverbeds that carved their way through our front yard have been filled in with the dirt that was washed away. We were lucky. Our neighbor’s house was demolished by three cedar trees. I will soon discover the fate of the rest of Sammamish and drive through the cluttered streets.

12/15/2006: It is 5:14 PM. Earlier today I went to see my friend’s house. He got hit very badly. The winds coming up over the lake were unopposed by land and struck the hill his house was situated upon with all their force. The living room was destroyed by two large cedars. As I surveyed the wreckage I was struck with awe. He was lying down in the living room when the tree hit. It stopped just short of fatally crushing him. With shattered glass everywhere, he had crawled out from under the tangled mass of branches and debris to safety. Miraculously he escaped without a scratch. I pray to god thanking him for sparing a dear friend’s life.

12/15/2006: It is 8:42 PM. Night has fallen once again. With no power we scavenged for food by the light of a Coleman lantern. After devouring an inadequate meal with the neighbors we return to huddle around the fire in our home. The temperature outside is dropping well into the 20’s. Our breath is clearly visible by the weak, wavering light cast by the fire in the frigid room. My sisters have curled up next to the fire, bundling together for warmth. There is a defeated look in their eyes as I write. I don’t know how much longer they will last.

12/16/2006: It is 7:52 PM. This morning we awoke to a desolate world covered in frost. The day was mostly uneventful. Food is scarce. I cannot help but worry that we may run out of things to eat before help arrives. Still, I must be strong. The rest of the family is nearly too weak to carry on.

12/17/2006: It is 10:48 AM. The power is back on! I cannot help but express my relief. We were able to get a hold of new provisions; today’s breakfast was fit for a king! A warm, scrumptious coffeecake satisfied our deep hunger after a difficult three days. For now we will be alright. Still, the damage was done. I will bear these scars the rest of my life. The relentless onslaught of Mother Nature battered our community nearly to submission. Even so, I am stronger for it. In other areas of the plateau, the struggle still continues. Looters are everywhere; you must be careful and travel in groups, lest you be waylaid by wanton passerby. The end of this madness is in sight as sections of our city are restored to order.

Not: This is loosely based upon a true story.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-12-21, 12:36 PM #2
So... did you survive?
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2006-12-21, 12:39 PM #3
Fix that wall of text so that it doesn't hurt my eyes, and I'll read it.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-12-21, 12:40 PM #4
no... no I didn't. I'm posting from heaven. :psyduck:
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-12-21, 3:28 PM #5
[QUOTE=Double Helix]no... no I didn't. I'm posting from heaven. :psyduck:[/QUOTE]

Without your soul :confused:
My blawgh.
2006-12-21, 5:15 PM #6
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
Without your soul :confused:

ahh... shoot. I forgot about that. I suppose my soul is stuck in the massassi temple. Well it sure looks and feels like heaven.
2006-12-21, 5:35 PM #7
It's a little over the top.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-12-21, 9:06 PM #8
wasn't that the point? it was fun to write.

↑ Up to the top!